House Price Crash Forum
timebandit

Alan Johnson Resigns

Totally out of his depth.

Going back to his old rock band, I expect. Couple of weeks back on the post at Xmas.

Edited by juvenal

Not knowing what rate NI is charged at should be reason enough for him to go, although there's hopefully a jucier reason.

As for Balls increasing his profile... I'm fear for the safety of my television!

Journos wetting themselves and orgasming at the simultaneously. They love this stuff.

Difficult trick to pull off. Like simultaneously whistling and farting.

Oh dear!

So is this a Balls Up?

At least they are not in power. How quickly people forget.

I had someone going on me about how bad the Tories were with all this slash and burn that they are doing. It wasn't worth getting into the argument as to why the cuts (? Expenditure higher at end of parliament) were necessary. Of course, it is all ideologically driven!

Well, he hasn't been hitting the Coalition at all has he during all these austerity cuts... so that could be one reason... lightweight...

Or perhaps he has illness in his family... if so, then he should have our sympathy...

Or perhaps there is some Brazilian boyfriend due to come to light? Oops, sorry - wrong Labour person.

sky say Balls up next.

Is the Milliband / Ballspartnership going to be as destructive as the Blair/Brown one. Balls is certainly as ambitious as Brown.

I suspect Alan Johnson resigned because he was feeling out of his depth and at 60 decided that he can't be arsed and is just going to semi-retire on the back benches.

Well, he hasn't been hitting the Coalition at all has he during all these austerity cuts... so that could be one reason... lightweight...

Or perhaps he has illness in his family... if so, then he should have our sympathy...

Or perhaps there is some Brazilian boyfriend due to come to light? Oops, sorry - wrong Labour person.

Nope "family and personal" is code for "I am going to stand for leadership (at some point)"

Wonder if they're cooking something up with Saint Vince behind the scenes?

Perhaps he's preparing to push the nuclear button. All this 'bankers are the future' nonsense Dave and Osborne are spouting really doesn't become him.

By Miles Goslett 12:01AM BST 12 Aug 2007 Cabinet minister Ed Balls spent thousands of pounds of taxpayers' money attending a private meeting of one of the world's most powerful and secretive organisations.

Mr Balls, widely regarded as Gordon Brown's closest adviser, travelled to Canada for the four-day conference of the shadowy Bilderberg Group of businessmen and politicians when he was Economic Secretary to the Treasury.

The cost of the trip, in air fares, hotel bills and expenses is estimated at up to £5,000.

The group's rules insist that "all participants attend in a private and not an official capacity".

However, a Treasury spokesman said Mr Balls had attended "in his capacity as a minister" and confirmed that all expenses had been met from public funds.

Edited by erranta

Balls as shadow chancellor will make Labour totally unelectable.

This is the man who thinks we should have kept spending instead of cutting back.

10 years of coalition anyone?

slimy (slm)

adj. slim·i·er, slim·i·est

1. Consisting of or resembling slime; viscous.

2. Covered with or exuding slime.

3. Vile; foul. See Ed Balls MP

slimily adv

sliminess n

I glad I am not the only one that thought that....can't put my finger on it...gonads. ;)