House Price Crash Forum
Guest_FaFa!_*

Ftse Down Sharply Two Days In A Row

So the FTSE looks to be dropping over 1% two days in a row, gold looking like it is having a $20 sell off....where the hell is the thread from RB? :huh:

Sloppy, sloppy......

RB is waiting for interestraterippoff and TMP to launch there's. Only then will RB launch his own topic! laugh.gif

RB is waiting for interestraterippoff and TMP to launch there's. Only then will RB launch his own topic! :lol:

:lol:

RB is waiting for interestraterippoff and TMP to launch there's. Only then will RB launch his own topic! laugh.gif

I thought they were all the same person!!

So the FTSE looks to be dropping over 1% two days in a row, gold looking like it is having a $20 sell off....where the hell is the thread from RB? :huh:

Sloppy, sloppy......

Signs are all there. FTSE is still strong on the back of very poor fundamentals so it is ripening for a major sell off IMO.

The "other" storehouse of value isn't doing too well either.

The bull is getting very tired and the poisons are still lurking in the mud ready to hatch out again.

Sterling should not be too far behind as it has had a fabulous run up lately based on rising un employment, 1TR debt clock picking up, worst trade figures since records began and the start of the BIG HPC!

Is RB still bearish on precious metals?

Silver $50 by June is my prediction.

Metals

Date

Time

(EST)

Bid

Ask

Change

Low

High

GOLD

01/20/2011

13:56

-4.71%

SILVER

01/20/2011

13:56

-34.31%

I have been slightly bearish for awhile now on the metals believibng the bull is getting tired. Quite a sell off in the last few hours gong on.*

*Just kidding--but the metals are under sustained attack due to US recovery and a flight to safety following rumbles in the EZ again.

I thought they were all the same person!!

I doubt I'd have the time for that. :lol::lol:

Although this could be a denial along the lines of the Greeks don't need a bailout, the Irish don't need a bailout and Portugal and Spain don't need a bailout and the EU rescue fund is large enough.

Buy gold and invest in the dollar :P:ph34r:

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/silver-spreads-contango-crush-update

A short squeeze is taking place NOW, and the powers that be are going to drop the equities market in order to deflate commodities and try to relieve some pressure. As soon as the sell off is over, it will be the last, best buying opportunity before the hyperbolic stage

This is starting to look like 2008 all over again. Is this finally the double dip we have all been expecting?

I've said the same.

But will someone pull a rabbits out of the hat again?

Bellwether JL sales dramatically down--if consumers stop spending it will cut earnings which is a BUY BUY BUY!!!

Contraboost economy still in place.

Anyone buying gold on the dips? :lol:

Bounce based on RB technicals, he's making bearish posts again.

Either that or it is looking a little oversold and opened below the bollinger bands on the daily chart, which would indicate a stop on the selling for now. Like the reference to John Lewis, RB, it is after all a major component in the FTSE :P

Maybe some shareholders have been reading the recent profit warnings and annual reports and thought hang on a minute, am I being conned?

Their remuneration packages have shot up because once one firm does it they all do (but they don't all have a dominant market position)

Their product prices have also shot up - to fund their remuneration excesses?

Their customers cannot afford or won't pay the higher prices for their particular goods, they have cheaper competitiors

The value of my shares have dropped or are going to drop as demand falls, so I am going to lose money

So the money I have invested, has in effect largely been spent on their remuneration packages

e.g. HMV is a company whose share price was 80p earlier 2010 now 22p

Annual report shows their bosses were doing very well on remuneration 2009 to 2010

http://www.hmvgroup.com/investors/financial-reports/reports-results/~/media/Files/H/HMV-Group/Annual%20Reports/hmv_annual-report-2010.pdf

Executive Directors

Simon Fox 2010 £874,000 2009 £579,000 +51%

Neil Bright 2010 £559,000 2009 £349,000 +60%

Gerry Johnson 2010 £494,000 2009 £312,000 +58%

Non-Executive Director

Robert Swannell 2010 £200,000 2009 £50,000 +300%

And thats before looking at bonuses and share options details

Shareholders in HMV must be loving it.