House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
apom

Last Interest Rate Decision

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jh...ion/2005/09/19/

In the circumstances, you would have thought that the members of the monetary policy committee - who, remember, have a legal duty under the Bank of England Act primarily to target inflation and not growth - would be on their guard, ready to smite it hip and thigh. But they actually cut interest rates last month as five of their number ganged up to outvote the Governor, Mervyn King.

Result? 5-4 in favour of a cut, even though the Bank is forecasting inflation to be above the target in the next few months and in two years' time.

Four of the five who voted for a cut happen to be the "external" members of the committee. They are appointed by Gordon Brown and, much as I respect them, I cannot help thinking that they feel some sort of sentimental allegiance to their patron.

So. Gordons cronies dropped the rates, over rulling the indipendent experts..

nice..

But shows what we all know..

Where's the ball gordon...? did you drop it gordon...?

Edited by apom

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Now I am finally relenting. I am going to make a rash but depressing prediction: 2006 is going to be the toughest year for the economy for more than a decade.

He`s stole my thunder, b****y journos :angry:

Four of the five who voted for a cut happen to be the "external" members of the committee. They are appointed by Gordon Brown and, much as I respect them, I cannot help thinking that they feel some sort of sentimental allegiance to their patron.

So. Gordons cronies dropped the rates, over rulling the indipendent experts..

Yes, I realised that poltical placemen had made the decision rather than experts. Although I often wonder whether there are any economic experts or whether there are just people who guessed right and people who guessed wrong.

I think they think they've been really clever but this isn't going to help in the long term - it is just one rate decision.

I remember an economics lecturer at university talking about the British economy as a supertanker, it takes a long time to change direction and a long time to get it back on track. No matter what these people do HMS UK-Economy has started to change direction and a single rate decision isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference.

Yes it does make ofr nice drama....order out of chaos.

I realised that "we" have been "in for this" for a long time, the same way that housing bubbble was plugged by all and sundry and the low rates made it seem like a new this time its different senario. The same mis managment it done at both ends ...and all with the masses thincking it was done in best.

It all all part of a big scheme to make us confused and give up our freedom to the police state willy nilly.

The new middle class will be the securty services.

sp1

Yes it does make ofr nice drama....order out of chaos.

I realised that "we" have been "in for this" for a long time, the same way that housing bubbble was plugged by all and sundry and the low rates made it seem like a new this time its different senario. The same mis managment it done at both ends ...and all with the masses thincking it was done in best.

It all all part of a big scheme to make us confused and give up our freedom to the police state willy nilly.

The new middle class will be the securty services.

sp1

If you wanted to be cheeky..

The Polices refusal to investigate Seld Certified Mortgage fraud. (which many economists have said kept the market from Collapse three years ago as houses outstripped any possible relation to earnings) Makes them complicit to a fraud that they have profited from.. which means that they are profiting from Criminal acts (if they themselves own a home)

so you shouldn't respect their authority.. technically you should arrest them.

So the Police are:

Responsible for you being unable to buy a home for the last few years.

Responsible for the current debt levels in the country and the impending recession.

Just because they quite liked being rich and making this monsy through criminal act..

They are still refusing to investigate this.

Edited by apom

Guest Charlie The Tramp
The Polices refusal to investigate Self Certified Mortgage fraud.

Surely the police would need a Complainant before instigating a criminal investigation in this case the Lender. Many self certs who made false statements may find themselves in trouble if they are repossessed or made bankrupt.

No Complainant, no charges can be brought.

Underpressuretobuy, there certainly are experts ie people with deep understanding of the issues, abut they are not free to govern. Our governement is patently not governing in our interest rather in the interest of some other.

Or they have decided its better for us to keep to the boom bust cycle other wwise for the most part why will we think our ideas are the bees knees. No one ever though that indenfinite growth is not sustainable morally.

But if we get hooked to it then we can condone and turn a blind eye to its immorral pursuit and they have greater power to cut supplies to the addicted masses.

who want to go up against thier employer??? Big bussiness, military and governments?

sp1

Surely the police would need a Complainant before instigating a criminal investigation in this case the Lender. Many self certs who made false statements may find themselves in trouble if they are repossessed or made bankrupt.

No Complainant, no charges can be brought.

Wrong. fraud needs to be investigated..

I reported the serious fraud squad to themselves for profiting from this fraud when I was bored one day..

Not hugely constructive.. But it was amusing..