House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mentholist

Muslim Prejudice Normal Says Muslim Peer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12235237

Actually I agree with her on one point. There's little point in drawing distinctions between moderate and extreme when in fact it's a continuum weighted toward the latter. Any human deferring their morality to a higher authority presents a significant danger to others who don't share their views.

It`s not prejudice, it`s a judgement.

i dont know what she is complaining about. if you look at the views of some muslims about infidels and kaffirs, i think bigoted would be too kind a description. instead of preaching to everyone she should address her muslim brethren first and ask them to moderate their views. the fact is there are muslims who are radical and want to blow us up. why cant we say that these people exist in our midst.

basically she is saying that you should not say anything negative about muslims and islam. some muslims are more moderate than others. why is this such a prejudicial statement. i think she is trying to become a figurehead for muslims in the country and will do anything to become more popular. other minorities like jews face increasing incidents of violence and anti-semitism. why is she not talking about their struggles

some muslims are more moderate than others. why is this such a prejudicial statement.

+1

My thoughts exactly.

My wife is a Christian, I would be extremely offended if someone said that there was no difference between her and the nutters who bomb abortion clinics in America.

Yet that stupid woman is claiming that moderate and extreme muslims are the same.

It was a little inconvenient that Baroness Warsi attacked 'bigotry' against Muslims on the same day Dubai locked up a British woman for having sex with a man by whom she is not legally owned!

And strangely there was no mention of imprisoning women who have been raped, stonings or honour killings in her speech.

Luckily though, terrorism is only advocated by a 'small number' of Muslims - well that's ok then!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12235237

Actually I agree with her on one point. There's little point in drawing distinctions between moderate and extreme when in fact it's a continuum weighted toward the latter. Any human deferring their morality to a higher authority presents a significant danger to others who don't share their views.

so what? dont all muslims, moderate or mental, view us non believing infidels as inferior? Why are both sides of an issue never considered when a group plays the minority card over here?

so what? dont all muslims, moderate or mental, view us non believing infidels as inferior? Why are both sides of an issue never considered when a group plays the minority card over here?

who is the minority?

If she's saying it's normal then isn't she generalising as much as she's accusing people of?

have you ever herd a minority whine from this quarter not full of hypocrisy?

Prejudice against them? Well the word prejudice implies to prejudge.But we have ample evidence of their intent from 9/11 and 7/7. So yes I think judgement rather than prejudice.Who is Warsi anyway?She failed to get elected and was then parachuted in as a Peer.

I see a river of blood coming.

Any human deferring their morality to a higher authority presents a significant danger to others who don't share their views.

Great, so that includes all the statists who sometimes post even on here with their "no one is above the law" guff, as though they were incapable of forming their own moral judgements :angry:

Sometime the law's an ass and then we should all say so.

So, is she a 'nice friendly' muslim or just a very well-disguised 'danger to all infidels' ?

Buckers

does fiendly have an r in it?

Let's just say I wouldn't want to sit next to her on the tube.And that is only partly due to the fact that she is a Tory.

Does she smell of wee?

+1

My thoughts exactly.

My wife is a Christian, I would be extremely offended if someone said that there was no difference between her and the nutters who bomb abortion clinics in America.

Yet that stupid woman is claiming that moderate and extreme muslims are the same.

I'm sure in her head it seemed like she was making a coherent point.

Perhaps the biggest difference between Islam and the the other isms is that once cannot choose to not be black, female, etc. Yet Islam is a choice. There are many ex-Muslims and new Muslims (except the punishment for leaving the faith is death). As a choice it is no different to choosing to be a Nazi, a labour party supporter, or a Man united fan. Thus arguing against it is no different to arguing the merits of Keynesian or Austrian school economics. Muslims DO think they are superior. This is a logical outcome of believing you are right and doing the will of God. Others, who are not Muslim, must therefore be wrong or evil.

Oh Tricky and you were doing so well too!

I've had that particular thought, however, surely this particular case and thousands like it, not to mention the insular communities within communities which exist around the UK and continue to grow, show you that, really, this is a left wing pipe dream a theory if you will, which in reality (especially when you take history into it), on balance I'd argue ain't going to work and will, in the long run finally break down, leading to some horrible social and economic consequences where the worst in humanity comes to the fore.

I am broadly on the left and I agree with that.It isn't possible to reconcile modern democratic western societies and Islam. All that will happen is that conflict will grow.Better to acknowledge that now and implement a humane apartheid for the benefit of both factions.

Cultural changes can take decades, that is why in some respects I think the UK allows immigration, to change them in the hope they then become the flag carrier back to their fellow cultural companions.

I think the reverse is about to happen in Birmingham.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-12254940

No just explaining what I see, that critical thinking goes out the window in the face of an authority figure however that authority figure might appear (or not).

Unfortunately you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink, so in this case you cant force muslims or any other religious follower to think critically as we also see with pope John Paul 2 becoming a saint. http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=157987

I'm against all religion anyway. Its diversive and serves no purpose to society.

Edit . Incidentally Athiests know more about religion than followers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/8030672/US-atheists-know-more-about-religion-than-believers-quiz-finds.html

Edit . Incidentally Athiests know more about religion than followers

At last a very enlihgtening comment well said Tricktster

It looks like I am the only person who will stick up for Baroness Warsi. I think she is right. It's not an attempt to silence criticism as many people believe. She is just looking at things from her perspective as an individual Muslim and she is right in what she says. Personally I'd like to see the government and Muslims engage with the right and especially the far right. And I don't mean trying to "educate" the thick white bigots which is what we've seen so far which only alienates people and makes them more angry. Or the building of Islamic cultural centres to educate the local community which ends up being viewed as Islamic expansion. I'd like to see them listen to the grievances of the right. After all people like the English Defence League are only trying to prevent what they view as a deliberate destruction of their culture. On the EDL forum there was an interesting poll. It asked - what do you hate more, Muslims or political correctness? 70% said political correctness. I'd like to see the left completely sidelined. They have a hell of a lot to answer for in my opinion. This will never happen though. The dogma of political correctness and the leftist obsession with making Britain a prejudice free zone has made the whole subject taboo.

It looks like I am the only person who will stick up for Baroness Warsi.

I can sort of see where she is coming from, remember back in 2006 when two Asian guys were thought of as terrorists and the passengers turned into a mob and kicked them off?

It is very easy to externalise the problems of a country on percieved outsiders as they are not here to defend themselves or rubbish the charges leveled at them. Governments love this and the rally tound the flag politics (Churchill loved this tactic so did bush and Blair)