House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darkman

Robbers Get A Kicking....

A shopkeeper and his son took on two robbers who were armed with a gun and a large knife.

One of the men put a handgun to the head of 46-year-old Dogan Sahin while his accomplice demanded money from the till.

Instead of giving in as the robbers expected, Mr Sahin fought back and his 25-year-old son Yilmaz immediately leapt to his father's defence.

There was a fierce struggle in the shop as the knifeman repeatedly tried to stab Mr Sahin and the gunman pistol-whipped Yilmaz. The fight spilled out to the street before the two suspects ran off empty-handed from the Gonca corner store along Blackstock Road in Finsbury Park. They are thought to have fled in a Vauxhall Astra.

Video

The shopkeepers fighting method appears to be pull their hoods over their faces and start hitting :lol:

Looks effective!

Shopkeeper in Droitwich fought off gun man too recently.

One near me in Chadderton has too.

Looks like people angry enough to fight back against a gun.

Video

The shopkeepers fighting method appears to be pull their hoods over their faces and start hitting :lol:

Looks effective!

The sort of Muslims who should be welcome in Britain. Work for a living and stand up to thugs

I am surprised though they havent been charged with assault - easy nick for the old bill

The sort of Muslims who should be welcome in Britain. Work for a living and stand up to thugs

I am surprised though they havent been charged with assault - easy nick for the old bill

A nice easy nick, but a PR disaster.

Agree that it's nice to see, but it was a spectacularly dumb thing to do. The way that animal was swinging the knife around, it was clear he wanted to kill or maim.

Give them what they want and make the scumbags at the insurance company deal with it.

Agree that it's nice to see, but it was a spectacularly dumb thing to do. The way that animal was swinging the knife around, it was clear he wanted to kill or maim.

Give them what they want and make the scumbags at the insurance company deal with it.

If you can strike a disabling blow with something heavy as a surprise, go for it, otherwise it's better to live longer.

Many years ago as a small boy I beat two larger boys into a wailing bleeding mess some days after they tried to put my head in a toilet, but I wouldn't have tried it without the element of surprise and a hockey stick. Robbers with a gun and a knife? I'd give them the money. Woe betide them later if I found out who they were though.

Has the shopkeeper been arrested for assault yet?

I would expect them to be soon, and made to pay compensation to their 'victims'

The police will be waiting for the publicity to die down a bit, after all the evidence is there on the cctv so it will be an easy case for them.

But can we moan then when our insurance premiums go up? Some things are best nipped in the bud imo so standing up to this sort of thing whilst risky is still the best option imo.

It's not going to put premiums up, is it? It's there to be claimed on, that's what you pay your premiums for. Shouldn't be scared to claim.

It's not going to put premiums up, is it? It's there to be claimed on, that's what you pay your premiums for. Shouldn't be scared to claim.

More claims == higher premiums. If every robber got the crap kicked out of them then there would be fewer robbers, so I admire and respect anyone prepared to take the risk to stand up to them (don't think I'd do that against armed nutters). Such people do everyone a favour. Any progress against scum is only ever made when someone is prepared to risk putting themselves in harm's way to do something about them.