House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Here's The Keys, And Some Cement Down The Drains

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/million-dollar-foreclosed-home-vandalized/story?id=12638936

Interesting that the house in this article is in fairly exclusive Huntingdon Bay in Orange County, Southern LA.

One of the locals round the corner from me in Totnes did the cement-down-the-drains trick to his own house a few years ago when he was made bankrupt and foreclosed as a final act of revenge.

The incoming buyers didn't discover it until they'd won it at auction - cost a lot to sort out.

The outgoing owner had a bad reputation for being an objectionable a*se anyway, and the cement was almost predictable. He ripped out electrics and stuff too, but there was no visible sign that the drains had been 'done'.

I've seen a couple of repos where they lacked boilers, radiators, gas meters...

One was still dripping wet and starting to grow mushrooms.

I've always wondered how much is the last owner selling stuff for scrap or just general thieving.

A block in Gorton is being emptied out and is having all the copper stripped from the flats by scavengers. Not so much fun for the remaining people who end up with the leaks coming through the ceilings.

I looked at sevral repos in the 90s recession. Internal doors that had been punched or kicked were a common feature. The most unpleasant gift from a departing occupant I encountered was human excrement on the carpet. Prtty vandalism seemed more common than theft of items to sell. After a while you start to think about the anger and pain that led to these acts. Not sure I could do that job now.

I like the bit "I guess they were angry with the bank for giving them a Mortgage" ..

You should be angry!

Usury (Trea-sury) by lenders (Urs_a 'Brown' Bear) (O.Fr. tresor "treasury, treasure)

reminder Mortgage means >>> Death-pledge!

1350–1400; earlier morgage, ME < OF mortgage, equiv. to mort dead + gage pledge

I presume in old days when life could end abrubtly at any age with a virus - most still owed sums on 'morgages' when dead.

Edited by erranta

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/million-dollar-foreclosed-home-vandalized/story?id=12638936

Interesting that the house in this article is in fairly exclusive Huntingdon Bay in Orange County, Southern LA.

The banksters are well known for ALWAYS ripping off people who's houses are repossessed.

Cement down the drains? They should torch 'em.

The banksters are well known for ALWAYS ripping off people who's houses are repossessed.

Cement down the drains? They should torch 'em.

Just like the USA Credit Card Companies turned on their ordinary customers as soon as some started to default - Banks/lenders did the same to house owners.

Obama had to bring in new US laws to stop lenders overcharging huge amounts on interest hikes and fees to credit card owners!

Look what the US mortgage/bank scum did to homeowners coz as soon as mortgage lending tanked the staff could make billions out of foreclosures (look at the leap from 2005 in numbers)

Remember foreclosure dept staff were even faking notices to put before the judges in court to get their bonuses!

Banks took control of 269,962 properties in the second quarter, up 5 percent from the prior quarter and a 38 percent spike from the second quarter of last year, RealtyTrac said in its midyear 2010 foreclosure report.

Repossessions will likely top 1 million this year.

"The underlying conditions haven't improved," RealtyTrac senior vice president Rick Sharga said in an interview.

The housing market still grapples with "unemployment, economic displacement in general, and still sits on over 5 million seriously delinquent loans that in all likelihood will at some point go into foreclosure," he said.

In 2005, the last "normal" year in housing, Sharga said, about 530,000 households got a foreclosure notice and banks took over a comparatively minuscule 100,000 houses.

That's all very well, but there's no such word as ursury. It's usury.

Well we all know what my typing is like - thanks for pointing out the Xtra

r

I meant USURY B) The etymology is from L. Uti "to use" (someone)

A 'sweetner' for you!

Linked to Cologne/St Ursula

The street in London called St Mary Axe

is said to be derived from a church, now demolished,

dedicated to St Mary the Virgin, St Ursula and the 11,000 Virgins.

It was said to be located where the skyscraper informally known as "the Gherkin" is now located.

The church contained a holy relic: an axe used by the Huns to execute the virgins. However, this legend cannot be dated any earlier than 1514.

444 Attila becomes King of the Huns

"Be careful if you want to make photos of the Gherkin because of section 44 of the Terrorism Act."

Edited by erranta

Are you liable for doing this?

St Mary AXE with symbolic "wally"

Abbot Sugar the goth presiding!

City head-lines

"100's thousand+ jobs to be Axed"!

672ad The Council of Hertford brings "order out of chaos" in establishing the English church

Edited by erranta

St Mary AXE with symbolic "wally"

Abbot Sugar the goth presiding!

City head-lines

"100's thousand+ jobs to be Axed"!

Erranta, I would say that IMO you are absolutely barking - but the mods would take issue with that, so i won't say it.

:o)

j5t

Erranta, I would say that IMO you are absolutely barking - but the mods would take issue with that, so i won't say it.

:o)

j5t

Nah I just get fed up with the gloating masonic symbolism posted on nearly every thread - sometimes :P:lol: