House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

I M F Are Conducting Stress Tests Today

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/IMF-conducts-stress-tests-UK-reuters_molt-2539794503.html;_ylt=AqEtVzhTD_3gUQVL.T1ltvTSr7FG;_ylu=X3oDMTE4NmpmbHI3BHBvcwM0BHNlYwN5ZmlUb3BTdG9yaWVzBHNsawNpbWZjb25kdWN0c3M-?x=0

8:46, Wednesday 19 January 2011
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The International Monetary Fund is conducting routine stress tests of financial systems in Britain', Sweden, the Netherlands, Germany and Luxembourg, an IMF (Berlin: MXG1.BE - news) spokesman said on Tuesday.

The picture that popped into my mind reading this was the Spiv from Dad's Army handing the inspector a rolled up fiver to get the all clear pass. What creditability is a stress test going to have?

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/IMF-conducts-stress-tests-UK-reuters_molt-2539794503.html;_ylt=AqEtVzhTD_3gUQVL.T1ltvTSr7FG;_ylu=X3oDMTE4NmpmbHI3BHBvcwM0BHNlYwN5ZmlUb3BTdG9yaWVzBHNsawNpbWZjb25kdWN0c3M-?x=0

8:46, Wednesday 19 January 2011
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The International Monetary Fund is conducting routine stress tests of financial systems in Britain', Sweden, the Netherlands, Germany and Luxembourg, an IMF (Berlin: MXG1.BE - news) spokesman said on Tuesday.

The picture that popped into my mind reading this was the Spiv from Dad's Army handing the inspector a rolled up fiver to get the all clear pass. What creditability is a stress test going to have?

It's going to be a credible and robust analysis of the health of the financial system.

Of course we are going to come out of it with flying colours.

"Conducting routine stress tests" - somehow the industrial metaphor appears completely out-of-place.

I wonder whether any banks will have to be "shut down for scheduled maintenance"?

It's going to be a credible and robust analysis of the health of the financial system.

Of course we are going to come out of it with flying colours.

Now I need to clean snot off my monitor..

Test : Employee theft of stationary products increases by 10%

Result: The vast majority of banks will only need a small bailout (Small = <10% of GDP)

The picture that popped into my mind reading this was the Spiv from Dad's Army handing the inspector a rolled up fiver to get the all clear pass.

The picture that pops into my mind is Corporal Jones shouting "Don't Panic!" and Frazer crying "We're doomed I tell ye"

the image conjured up for me is a fat banker clears smoke from his desk area ( for he IS allowed to smoke indoors for HE is a banker above the law), as the intercom rings, and a 3D image of the secretary ( in lingerie) appears in the smoke.

"Hello darling, the IMF are in reception for the stress test".

wiping the image away with a sweep of the hand, the banker says to the phone..."call the board..its time for lunch....we'll see how stressful they find the reception area is for a few hours, then we'll have them up for whisky and soda...that should see us through the test"

Is it a multi-choice exam?

Ha ha...a multi choice in banker speak means there is only one answer....the one they give.

I wonder whether the stress testers could identify a dog turd from a line up of human stool samples.I doubt it.

This would have been easier in the 80's, providing dog turd was over a week old.