House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Relaxation Suite

Inflation Starts To Bite

Older people are suffering from a jump in the cost of living while failing to benefit from the fall in interest rates because the majority have already paid off their mortgages.

According to Age UK, a charity, those aged between 65 and 69 will see at least £710 wiped off their spending power this year because of rises in fuel, food and energy bills.

Why don't they sell their wacking great 4 / 5 bed houses then ??? Fed up of hearing from my dad about how much it costs to heat his house (only 2 of them in it, apart from the odd birthday weekend and Christmas)

Why don't they sell their wacking great 4 / 5 bed houses then ??? Fed up of hearing from my dad about how much it costs to heat his house (only 2 of them in it, apart from the odd birthday weekend and Christmas)

People aren't buying them.

I know somebody who is desperate to downsize from their huge house as retirement is coming up and it costs so much to run. Not being greedy with the pricing either. Nobody is even looking at it.

This may well be for the very reason that he wants to sell it and may be the hidden driver for big falls. I haven't heard of big houses being described as a liability since the mid-90s but that exact same sentiment is bubbling up again.