House Price Crash Forum
ken_ichikawa

$ Is Hit By An Rpg29

As with the previous post about China and Russia trading without $ and a new oil pipe line...

6 minutes in India and Iran considering trading in gold then another kind of currency NON $

Looks like an RPG29 has just hit the side of the US$....... :lol:

I know lots of people say it doesn't matter pilthy amounts of non $ trade. But bit by bit, little by little more people are declining those bits of paper!

Edited by ken_ichikawa

The next blow will be cancellation of Lightning F35 orders. The US Dept of Defense and Lockheed Martin have been walking a tightrope by over-promissing and under-delivering. The plane was sold to Europe, Oztralia and Japan on the basis the plane would cost $60mln, thats less than a Super Hornet $90mln and way less than Eurofighter Typhoon $110mln. The cost was based on selling literally thousands of airframes with total market cost of around $1trln. Well guess what - latest cost estimate is $110mln and rising. Only a small fraction of the flight testing is complete and there are myriad problems: even worst its now clear you get stealth at the expense of limited internal weapons bay volume. This means LM are struggling to incorporate new European ramjet missile technology into the weapons bay - they'll do it of course, but ka-ching! Ramjets are behind Europe's stellar METEOR missile which just made Raptor and Lightning crap their pants.

And guess what, we hear from WikiLeaks how the USA bullied Norway into buying F35s instead of the Grippen or Typhoon.

I can see things getting very interesting soon. And who knows - maybe Typhoon has won the Indian MRCA competition. If so expect orders from Japan and others.

Keep your fingers crossed for BAE and EADS.

As with the previous post about China and Russia trading without $ and a new oil pipe line...

6 minutes in India and Iran considering trading in gold then another kind of currency NON $

I know lots of people say it doesn't matter pilthy amounts of non $ trade. But bit by bit, little by little more people are declining those bits of paper!

Edited by bpw

Guest spp

Some say hyperinflation is the result of a loss in faith of a currency/state.... :huh:

Edited by spp

Iran MUST NOT be allowed to trade oil for gol.... Oh sorry, Iran must not be allowed to build a nuclear weapon at any cost! (Did I follow the script?)

Kaboom again!

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/world-news/microsoft-switches-russian-sales-to-rouble_514458.html

Microsoft don't want paper dollars anymore in Russia they will trade in Roubles instead....

Little by little drip drip drip the US$ is consigned to the history books as it is printed into oblivion!

I doubt anyone will be trading for food, clothing and shelter in gold coins anytime soon. <_<

We are a long way off being ruled by Iran, China or the Soviets so enjoy democracy while you still can. Mind you, there is a possibility of a 4th Reich that may appeal?

Edited by Realistbear

The next blow will be cancellation of Lightning F35 orders. The US Dept of Defense and Lockheed Martin have been walking a tightrope by over-promissing and under-delivering. The plane was sold to Europe, Oztralia and Japan on the basis the plane would cost $60mln, thats less than a Super Hornet $90mln and way less than Eurofighter Typhoon $110mln. The cost was based on selling literally thousands of airframes with total market cost of around $1trln. Well guess what - latest cost estimate is $110mln and rising. Only a small fraction of the flight testing is complete and there are myriad problems: even worst its now clear you get stealth at the expense of limited internal weapons bay volume. This means LM are struggling to incorporate new European ramjet missile technology into the weapons bay - they'll do it of course, but ka-ching! Ramjets are behind Europe's stellar METEOR missile which just made Raptor and Lightning crap their pants.

And guess what, we hear from WikiLeaks how the USA bullied Norway into buying F35s instead of the Grippen or Typhoon.

I can see things getting very interesting soon. And who knows - maybe Typhoon has won the Indian MRCA competition. If so expect orders from Japan and others.

The concept of the F35 is fundamentally flawed. Its 'stealth' ability means its only delays detection by a couple of seconds. For this it is forgoes all external weapons. the PAK-M has twice the internal weapon capacity. Its very heavy and therefore less maneuverable. Its big and therefore very visible in daylight. New radars will make its poor stealth even less relevant. Its expensive and unreliable.

I think the future is unmanned, stealth fighters costing 10% of the F35 such as derivatives of BAE Taranis. Have a flight of them, some with radar, others with weapons and surround a manned/unmanned Typhoon. Incoming missiles can take out the cheap drones and a radar broadcasting drone could give targets to the Typhon and drones.

Now THAT Is educational.

Fed. BOE. BIS. ECB.

They are all one and the same, and they muck about in all currencies, and they have all the cards.

The only thing that has changed or will change is the symbol in front of the debt you owe.

We grant honours to our thieves, America elects them and televises them, and the East deifies them.

I doubt anyone will be trading for food, clothing and shelter in gold coins anytime soon. <_<

We are a long way off being ruled by Iran, China or the Soviets so enjoy the illusion of democracy while you still can. Mind you, there is a possibility of a 4th Reich that may appeal?

Rather have 'em than not when TSHTF

Fixed that for you

Hehe. Another gold bug thread in disguise.

The US will own your ass. But not as violently as the last time.

This true. After they invaded Europe in 1941 and occupied our country they had the brazenness to invade Europe via France. Fortunately the invaders were stopped in Germany after deposing their head of state without that country's consent. We can be thankful that the Russians were there to help us out and eventually send the Invaders scurrying out of Europe while they remained in the Eastern bits to make sure the people could live freely. Don't understand why they do these things after all we didn't invade the US and try tio impose our taxes and laws on them. Hang on........

Or so some on here would see things. :D

1. What do you think the $ will be replaced by?

2. Over what timescale?

3. Why do you find the idea of the world's largest developed democracy being displaced/wiped out entertaining?

Interesting post. Off topic, but I've just finished reading this book and if you're interested in the background of the British aviation industry post-war (Lightning, TSR-2, etc.) and how we ******ed it up and the Americans played hard politics to take us out, it's a good read: Empire of the Clouds

1. What do you think the $ will be replaced by?

2. Over what timescale?

3. Why do you find the idea of the world's largest developed democracy being displaced/wiped out entertaining?

Democracy? Just because you call something a name does not make it so. North Korea calls itself a democracy. China does as well. The USA is a nasty corporatised state or a kleptocracy. Why would you want something like that to dominate the world?

You suffering from stockholm syndrome or something? You're almost like one of those, 911 "Tne day America lost its innocence." Excuse me WHAT innocence?

And before you say it NO I don't think China/Russia/India/Brazil will be land of milk and honey either.

Iran MUST NOT be allowed to trade oil for gol.... Oh sorry, Iran must not be allowed to build a nuclear weapon at any cost! (Did I follow the script?)

You are a naughty man and now definitely on the watch listy. :D

(And later on. When we are mates in rendition....... We can swop tattoed skin numbers).

Edited by Ned Coates

Totally delusional and and at odds with reality. Try 'Freedom to Fascism' by the director of 'Trading Places' or 'End of America' featuring Nioami.

Please!

Democracy? Just because you call something a name does not make it so. North Korea calls itself a democracy. China does as well. The USA is a nasty corporatised state or a kleptocracy. Why would you want something like that to dominate the world?

You suffering from stockholm syndrome or something? You're almost like one of those, 911 "Tne day America lost its innocence." Excuse me WHAT innocence?

And before you say it NO I don't think China/Russia/India/Brazil will be land of milk and honey either.