House Price Crash Forum
endgame

Britains Banks:too Big To Save?

as title, buy gold (and silver) ffs!!

toby had to lay off a 100 staff or more he said " i was terrible , it was horrible ,i,d rather clean sewers " well you twunt i do , and you,d better pray if you get a blocked drain you don,t get me cos you,ll need your millions,twit ! :ph34r:

The Crock, B&B, HBOS and RBOS should have been wound up in an orderly fashion, probably with the BoE taking control and providing liquidity to prevent a systemic collapse. The staff should have been laid off and the assets (loan book etc) sold off. I think this was possible. People like Fred the Shred and other directors should have left with no pension and probably had his assets seized for his reckless ruination of the bank. That would have focussed a few more minds.

Compensation should have been limited to the 32K. Icesave customers should have received their contractual compensation.

+1 who,s going to bail out my company if i spunk all the profit away...no one . thats my bad business decision. if you invest in anything and if are not part of the business or involed in the running of it and want a fast buck your a GAMBLER ! what part of this dont people see.

Guest spp

GREED and friends in high places...

“We have to pay big bonuses to keep the talent”? What £**king talent!?

Just take your dose of inflation, there's good sheeple.

The Crock, B&B, HBOS and RBOS should have been wound up in an orderly fashion, probably with the BoE taking control and providing liquidity to prevent a systemic collapse. The staff should have been laid off and the assets (loan book etc) sold off. I think this was possible. People like Fred the Shred and other directors should have left with no pension and probably had his assets seized for his reckless ruination of the bank. That would have focussed a few more minds.

Compensation should have been limited to the 32K. Icesave customers should have received their contractual compensation.

If you did that, a lot of companies who had money in RBS etc accounts waiting to pay salaries at the end of the month would have gone down through no fault of their own and the domino effect would have probably killed the entire economy.

If you did that, a lot of companies who had money in RBS etc accounts waiting to pay salaries at the end of the month would have gone down through no fault of their own and the domino effect would have probably killed the entire economy.

That's why I said the BoE should have ensured liquidity for those people/businesses but the banks should have been wound up.

To a certain extent the investors in the above banks did lose much of their investment. Unfortunately those investors were you and me with our pension funds. So every way we paid for this mess.

I hear Iran is hanging one person an hour at the moment, pity we don't do the same with some bankers.