House Price Crash Forum
Ash4781

Shops - The Quality Of Products

After the non existent jan sales and mixed christmas I am finding the shops are stuffed full of very poor quality products. Anyone else finding this? Oh Currys have closed their branch in maidstone.

A few other large shops in maidstone are closing down.

I take things back all the time, i've even started to copy receipts onto my pc as hey fade pretty fast, last year i went back to argos as my value toaster broke at first they refused i came back with a print out of the receipt they then changed it. the look the managers face when i returned with a £4 toaster was shocking

Quality sure aint what it used to be......not talking of top notch, top of the range stuff here, just middle of the range useful items that should give a few years good reliable service that are fit for purpose.

To walk around some clothes stores for instant, the merchandise on the rack looks tatty, creased ,flimsy, poor fabric with loose threads hanging....to be honest you would get better quality in a good charity shop or jumble sale....it is not as if they are asking peanuts for this stuff....they are having a laugh. ;)

Quality sure aint what it used to be......not talking of top notch, top of the range stuff here, just middle of the range useful items that should give a few years good reliable service that are fit for purpose.

To walk around some clothes stores for instant, the merchandise on the rack looks tatty, creased ,flimsy, poor fabric with loose threads hanging....to be honest you would get better quality in a good charity shop or jumble sale....it is not as if they are asking peanuts for this stuff....they are having a laugh. ;)

I read a survey about a year ago which showed how clothing manufacturers and reduce the amount of material in products e.g. fabrics were thinner an lower quality.

The quality of food in the big name petrol station food stores seems to have deteriorated a lot recently - in terms of freshness.

Whether they are trying to saving on refrigeration costs or whatever.

I read a survey about a year ago which showed how clothing manufacturers and reduce the amount of material in products e.g. fabrics were thinner an lower quality.

Yes and often smaller pockets and shorter zips.

The price differential between the cheapo store and the pricey store can be something like 10 to 20 times as expensive for what's only a slightly better product in many cases - or you might be paying 20 times as much just for a wider choice of colour or 20 times as much just for a label advertising the "designer".

Edited by billybong