House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Starcrossed

R5 Reporting...

There does not appear to be a link available yet but Radio 5 have reported that the leading chain of pawnbrokers have reported record profits - up about 13%.

It was explained by the presenter that pawnbrokers are often a bell-weather of change in the economy...

Edited by Starcrossed

There does not appear to be a link available yet but Radio 5 have reported that the leading chain of pawnbrokers have reported record profits - up about 13%.

It was explained by the presenter that pawnbrokers are often a bell-weather of change in the economy...

There customers are always poor! And the company in question has delivered double digit growth for the last 5 years

NEWSFLASH: POOR PEOPLE ARE STILL POOR :ph34r:

Actually, may well be an overall indicator of whats been happening over the last few years....more and more people are gradually becoming cash poor.

worth keeping an eye on typical pieces of tat on ebay too.

take a typical plasma screen......what's the final bid price and how many bids?

that'll give you a good indication of whether people are in financial problems as well.

Computer stuff is cheap, a nice Sun dual UltraSparc II rackmount server with dual PSU, dual SCSI, and 2Gig of RAM with Solaris 10 went for £149 Yesterday.

Where was this then, at the imaginary computer store in your head, 2GB of RAM is about £100 secondhand alone.

Computer stuff is cheap, a nice Sun dual UltraSparc II rackmount server with dual PSU, dual SCSI, and 2Gig of RAM with Solaris 10 went for £149 Yesterday.

Wonder what the IPX, Classics, Ultra 5's and 10's go for :lol:

Where was this then, at the imaginary computer store in your head, 2GB of RAM is about £100 secondhand alone.

I'd be surprised to see too many people going for Sun Sparcs! A lot of companies are now moving to Linux. I believe even Sun are moving in this direction (as well as continuing Solaris)

Halifax is having a SALE on loans!! Saw the signs up in the window and bill boards outside their branch today.

Wow; cant see the people queuing up for it though <_<

Do a search for UltraSparc on eBay completed items, loads of Sun units went for £150-200 yesterday.

Here's one.

Btw, it seems you're a little ignorant about memory prices for these boxen.

Edited by BuyingBear

I'd be surprised to see too many people going for Sun Sparcs! A lot of companies are now moving to Linux. I believe even Sun are moving in this direction (as well as continuing Solaris)

Blades running Linux Redhat Enterprise is the dogs danglies, totally agree.

Indeed, all their lower end machines and workstations are now Opteron x86-64.

depends which read fifo you are talking about, could be more than one

Found it, its in the DMA controller, I hadn't configured the memory pointer or loop size. Yes you're right the periperials and instruction decoder can bother have fifo, but the later one is usually refered to as a pipline rather than a fifo.

Edited by Dicky

Found it, its in the DMA controller, I hadn't configured the memory pointer or loop size. Yes you're right the periperials and instruction decoder can bother have fifo, but the later one is usually refered to as a pipline rather than a fifo.

Reading this thread I feel dumb.