House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Record Number Of Small Businesses To Ax Staff

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1348115/1-8-small-firms-axe-staff-coming-months.html

One in eight small firms 'will axe staff' in coming months
By Becky "Rebecca" Barrow
Last updated at 9:23 AM on 18th January 2011
One in eight bosses of small firms warn they will be forced to axe staff this year, an alarming report warned yesterday.
The research raises concerns about the Government's plan that redundant public sector workers will be rehired by the private sector.
The report, from the Federation of Small Businesses, found a record number - 12.4 per cent - of bosses 'expect to decrease the number of staff they have in the coming months'.

For those who are about to lose their jobs--we salute you. :(

For those waiting for affordable housing--we rejoice with you. :D

Edited by Realistbear

Small firms rely on people spending more than the big chains.

No interest on savings rules out millions of the over 50s/retired. High inflation means people stop spending.

Mervyn King has fecked the economy more than anyone yet realises.

The research raises concerns about the Government's plan that redundant public sector workers will be rehired by the private sector.

dunno how the above is relevant as AFAIK McDonalds are still hiring ;)

dunno how the above is relevant as AFAIK McDonalds are still hiring ;)

and all the supermarkets are employing 5000, 6000 or 10,000 with new jobs....

course, there is no pension, only statutory holiday and its shiftwork....but they are the best of the best.

I don't see how you can be so joyful about this!

Smaller businesses do not like laying off people, because it's very personal. :huh:

According to 'the plan', this shouldn't be a problem. The British public decided in eighties that they would rather be paid through rents and real estate gains rather than (say) wages for their production.

No interest on savings rules out millions of the over 50s/retired. High inflation means people stop spending.

This is true and it also makes savers save harder as they feel poorer, and they certainly won't go out and blow all of their savings, like the BOE had hoped. I have almost completely stopped spending since they lowered IR.

This is true and it also makes savers save harder as they feel poorer, and they certainly won't go out and blow all of their savings, like the BOE had hoped. I have almost completely stopped spending since they lowered IR.

I have cut back a huge amount and am starting to walk to more local places rather than go in the car. Its a form of protest and way of getting back at the government for the petrol hikes. They put the price up 4% or so and I cut my useage 50%.

Same with wine consumption. I am down to a bottle week now whereas before it was 3 bottles. Funny thing is, I don't really miss it and enjoy a glass of grape juice instead. I have never been a heavy drinker....I weigh under 12 stone.

Needed to replace my sofa so went on strike and didn't buy new depriving the government of VAT. Found a nearly new Ekornes on eBay and saved thousands.

Also back on strike with regard to house shopping. Decided its too soon and Sterlibng has gone beserk since the inflation news hit.

If everyone did likewise we wouldn't arf have some deflation in petrol and wine prices.

Edited by Realistbear