House Price Crash Forum

Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

Thunderbird 900

HOLA441

Ye Gods!...

"By 'traditional', of course, Sam means over-the-top fairytale princess, and her 20st gown was no exception.

The pink taffeta creation had 24 petticoats and an 8ft train. It was embellished with mechanical butterflies on the bodice and UV lights in the veil, all powered by 12 batteries stowed under the petticoat.

'I had to bandage my body with padding before I put it on, yet it still cut my waist and bruised my ribs,' she revealed.

'Because I couldn't go to the toilet I didn't drink anything all day - except for the toast when I had a pint of Dirty Vimto [a double port mixed with alcopops]'

If you think this sounds like a health and safety disaster, it probably was. The dress designer, Thelma took a fire extinguisher to the reception just in case."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1348164/My-Big-Fat-Gypsy-Wedding-Forget-Kate-Middleton-Prince-William-back.html#ixzz1BP0ATgxy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Ye Gods!...

"By 'traditional', of course, Sam means over-the-top fairytale princess, and her 20st gown was no exception.

The pink taffeta creation had 24 petticoats and an 8ft train. It was embellished with mechanical butterflies on the bodice and UV lights in the veil, all powered by 12 batteries stowed under the petticoat.

'I had to bandage my body with padding before I put it on, yet it still cut my waist and bruised my ribs,' she revealed.

'Because I couldn't go to the toilet I didn't drink anything all day - except for the toast when I had a pint of Dirty Vimto [a double port mixed with alcopops]'

If you think this sounds like a health and safety disaster, it probably was. The dress designer, Thelma took a fire extinguisher to the reception just in case."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1348164/My-Big-Fat-Gypsy-Wedding-Forget-Kate-Middleton-Prince-William-back.html#ixzz1BP0ATgxy

all paid for by theft and bullying old people into having crap work done they did not need (fecking scum ) and to think theyre paid to have this drival on tv ...(head held in hands ) but i bet the ratings are good ...aye vay :(

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Each to their own, style wise, I suppose. What I did find rather disturbing was this traditional custom they seem to have (and were quite proud of as they displayed it for the cameras) of dragging girls into dingy alleys and sexually assaulting them. I hope the film crew made the appropriate police reports.

HOLA446

Each to their own, style wise, I suppose. What I did find rather disturbing was this traditional custom they seem to have (and were quite proud of as they displayed it for the cameras) of dragging girls into dingy alleys and sexually assaulting them. I hope the film crew made the appropriate police reports.

Aye, I thought that....Seem to recall they referred to it as 'grabbing'. Apparantly, it's how the boy lets the girl know that he likes them....all a little odd really.

HOLA447

Aye, I thought that....Seem to recall they referred to it as 'grabbing'. Apparantly, it's how the boy lets the girl know that he likes them....all a little odd really.

Odd and more than a little bit disturbing, to be honest. Not to mention, very illegal. The girl in the film seemed to be genuinely upset by it even though she said that she'd experienced worse!

Actually, I do wonder how such a custom ever got started. Surely even the illiterate thug classes have a more prevalent culture of girls dad's and brothers kicking fvck out of lads who molest their daughters and sisters?

HOLA448

They probably get away with it due to their 'minority' status.

We are gypos and we are victims !!

Aye right. Poor Gypo birds. Then again living amongst that lot what do they expect.

HOLA449

Actually, I do wonder how such a custom ever got started. Surely even the illiterate thug classes have a more prevalent culture of girls dad's and brothers kicking fvck out of lads who molest their daughters and sisters?

They're gypsies; most of their love interests are their daughters and sisters.

HOLA4410

all paid for by theft and bullying old people into having crap work done they did not need (fecking scum ) and to think theyre paid to have this drival on tv ...(head held in hands ) but i bet the ratings are good ...aye vay :(

My thoughts exactly. The article says 'gypsies don't talk about money' well they certainly did when they were intimidating my mother into handing over large amounts of it for various non-essential building works. :angry:

HOLA4411

My thoughts exactly. The article says 'gypsies don't talk about money' well they certainly did when they were intimidating my mother into handing over large amounts of it for various non-essential building works. :angry:

I went to the fair,they had one of those things there that you have to punch as hard as you can.They call it a gypsy.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

They seem to have new/flash vans, cars, trucks etc...how many of them are insured, tax & tested?....Me thinks none...

one bunch were driving around in an '08 zafira. Not exactly a prestige motor but not old or cheap either.

I always see them with range rovers and alike. The police dont mess with them so tax and insurance are largely irrelevant to them.

HOLA4415

one bunch were driving around in an '08 zafira. Not exactly a prestige motor but not old or cheap either.

I always see them with range rovers and alike. The police dont mess with them so tax and insurance are largely irrelevant to them.

Is that the case with a lot of crime they commit? If they get caught drink driving, burglary, etc - they're just "let off" because the police are scared to proscecute them?

HOLA4416

Is that the case with a lot of crime they commit? If they get caught drink driving, burglary, etc - they're just "let off" because the police are scared to proscecute them?

The police are not scared to prosecute them, they have been told to leave them be unless a situation really warrants action.

They also know that prosecution is unlikely as the caravans will have moved on and no one will turn up in court.

HOLA4417

They seem to have new/flash vans, cars, trucks etc...how many of them are insured, tax & tested?....Me thinks none...

Not true, they are all insured at a Grandmothers council house in Liverpool or some other town not far from a Ferry.

We were plagued with encampments on some derelict land near my work for a few years and had the Council's Enforcement Team in to watch them with covert cameras. They were watching for illegal dumping (they got loads) but the camera guy explaned all the vehicles were legitimate.

We finally got huge piles of rock and earth put down to prevent access after the traveller children set light to our building while the adults just watched on. Their children are unbelievably feral.

How many guesses to do you need for the response from the Police...

...that's right, it wasn't an emergency. They turned up the day after the travellers left.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Have I read this right? If you fancy a bird then you simply drag her off somewhere, slap her until she 'submits' and then she has to marry you?

Sounds very caveman-like.

One has to question why the women put up with this? Do they get a kick out of it? I mean, they have TVs and Radios and access to books and magazines that surely tells them that there are things like equality, mutual respect, etc?

Perhaps they just like being treated this way?

TMT in 'Lights blue touch paper' mode.

What do their fathers think of this?

HOLA4422

Have I read this right? If you fancy a bird then you simply drag her off somewhere, slap her until she 'submits' and then she has to marry you?

Sounds very caveman-like.

One has to question why the women put up with this? Do they get a kick out of it? I mean, they have TVs and Radios and access to books and magazines that surely tells them that there are things like equality, mutual respect, etc?

Perhaps they just like being treated this way?

TMT in 'Lights blue touch paper' mode.

What do their fathers think of this?

Wasn't it also mentioned that teenage girls have to go out in gangs (they are never allowed out by themselves), so that no "improprietary" can be committed against them - that by even being called a tramp or whatever, can ruin their character...Boys have no curfew, but girls have rigid curfews...

In one article, apparently the husband isn't even allowed into the kitchen to make a cup of tea...

HOLA4423

Wasn't it also mentioned that teenage girls have to go out in gangs (they are never allowed out by themselves), so that no "improprietary" can be committed against them - that by even being called a tramp or whatever, can ruin their character...Boys have no curfew, but girls have rigid curfews...

In one article, apparently the husband isn't even allowed into the kitchen to make a cup of tea...

On a vaguely related note from the same programme; given that Gypsies are traditionally a persecuted people who have been subjected to degrading and often genocidal treatment in the past (and still are as they constantly tell us) I was rather surprised to hear that great ginger oaf who was getting married, when trying to find his wedding venue, use the phrase "There it is.....oh hang on...it's a **** wedding"! FFS.

HOLA4424

Happens in the congo apparently a bit like this too.

Rape victims forced to marry their rapist to make it ok.

HOLA4425

Got the feeling a lot of this was staged. For instance, the groom got 'lost' on the way to his wedding and yet he had a Tom Tom clearly stuck on his windscreen.

Lots of Gypsies around our area with seemingly no shortage of money (although they have a shortage of taste). Most claim they are travellers and yet live in houses (though some have wheels fixed to their houses for some reason! and love Yorkshire stone and iron gates and fences)

Archived