Anyone Have Access To The Times Online?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Lots of Developments being sold off for less than half price on the Costa Del Sol. Looked at some large (160sqm) 4 bed townhouses, 250 yards from beach which sold for €550.000 in 2006, going for €175-195k. Very high spec including private double garage in basement with lifts in each house. I then thought how much is that worth really....and I decided about €150,000...so did not buy.

I live in the CDS so know a lot of the deals.

N

HOLA448

Lots of Developments being sold off for less than half price on the Costa Del Sol. Looked at some large (160sqm) 4 bed townhouses, 250 yards from beach which sold for €550.000 in 2006, going for €175-195k. Very high spec including private double garage in basement with lifts in each house. I then thought how much is that worth really....and I decided about €150,000...so did not buy.

N

Link?

I have a sister who is living on the Costa Tropicana in the market to buy after some mega drops.

HOLA449

Link?

I have a sister who is living on the Costa Tropicana in the market to buy after some mega drops.

They are often marketed by sales (not realestate) companies. These are professional investment companies. I will dig out the links later but most Spanish banks now have them on their own websites.....

HOLA4410

N

I would have thought a place like that might be a good buy?

• 4 months later...
HOLA4411

The advice I keep hearing (from an expats site) and it seems like good advice, is to go and rent a property for 6 months (or a year) in the area you're thinking of buying. Rents away from prime beach front territory are very good value now. Plus it gives you the chance to look around and see the advantages/disadvantages of different locations. Most importantly, it'll give you the chance to ask around and make your presence known - you should then find the desperate sellers approach you (or at least find out who they are). In the meantime prices should then have dropped some more! Moreover, don't buy in summer when tourists are around - property will be seen as potential revenue-generators, and holiday home converts may swell the price. Put your bid in on a rainy day in November or (better) January/February. Following site is meant to be one of the better ones for searching for property:

www.kyero.com