House Price Crash Forum
exiges

Rpi: 4.8% Cpi: 3.7%

That's not a little amount over 2% is it ?

It looks like you haven't hear Ernst & Young's statement that inflation will subdue at some point in the future as there is no underlying issue.

That's not a little amount over 2% is it ?

don't worry its only:

- the fuel duty,

- the snow,

- the Ashes win,

- the rising cost of vinyl records.

This is madness!

The VAT rise and the petrol hikes aren't even in these numbers yet!

The MPC have completely lost the plot.

Mervyn King's going to be getting a letter from me, on paper, first class stamp.

This is madness!

The VAT rise and the petrol hikes aren't even in these numbers yet!

The MPC have completely lost the plot.

Mervyn King's going to be getting a letter from me, on paper, first class stamp.

...and dusted with anthrax?

mmm. My NS&I certs looking good value.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

I was planning on getting some just as they cancelled them. I even advised other people to pile into NS&I but I didn't get in in time myself. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Still, the CHFs are doing OK. ;)

(First time I've seem this message from the board: You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message.)

Saying what? Dear Merv, I demand that you lower the global prices of all commodities?

If house prices are falling anyway what woud be achieved by raising IR? Wouldn't it just strengthen the pound and thus exacerbate the problem?

This is madness!

...which has now remained above the 2% target by one percentage point or more for 13 months.

It's an absolute joke. They're laughing in our faces, and the nation as usual just bends over and takes it in with a smile...

Expecting a rate rise in 1st half this year, with all the pressure building on the B of E. CPI will near 5% Jan / Feb. QE dead and buried until inflation come down.

I expect growth to surprise on the upside and a rate rise to follow. Rates will stay low for a long time yet though, just not as low as 0.5%. Probably won’t get back to 5% for 5-10 years.

Saying what? Dear Merv, I demand that you lower the global prices of all commodities?

If house prices are falling anyway what woud be achieved by raising IR? Wouldn't it just strengthen the pound and thus exacerbate the problem?

Stronger Pound = cheaper commodities.

Dear Merv, I demand that you do your job and keep inflation at or below 2% or quit of you can't and make room for someone who can.

Yes, increasing IRs would strengthen the pound and so control inflation, eg oil would be cheaper if the £ went back to $2.