HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

mmm. My NS&I certs looking good value.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

I was planning on getting some just as they cancelled them. I even advised other people to pile into NS&I but I didn't get in in time myself. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Still, the CHFs are doing OK. ;)

(First time I've seem this message from the board: You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message.)

HOLA4419

Mervyn King's going to be getting a letter from me, on paper, first class stamp.

Saying what? Dear Merv, I demand that you lower the global prices of all commodities?

If house prices are falling anyway what woud be achieved by raising IR? Wouldn't it just strengthen the pound and thus exacerbate the problem?

HOLA4420

This is madness!

...which has now remained above the 2% target by one percentage point or more for 13 months.

It's an absolute joke. They're laughing in our faces, and the nation as usual just bends over and takes it in with a smile...

HOLA4421

Expecting a rate rise in 1st half this year, with all the pressure building on the B of E. CPI will near 5% Jan / Feb. QE dead and buried until inflation come down.

I expect growth to surprise on the upside and a rate rise to follow. Rates will stay low for a long time yet though, just not as low as 0.5%. Probably won’t get back to 5% for 5-10 years.

HOLA4422

Saying what? Dear Merv, I demand that you lower the global prices of all commodities?

If house prices are falling anyway what woud be achieved by raising IR? Wouldn't it just strengthen the pound and thus exacerbate the problem?

Stronger Pound = cheaper commodities.

HOLA4423

Dear Merv, I demand that you do your job and keep inflation at or below 2% or quit of you can't and make room for someone who can.

Yes, increasing IRs would strengthen the pound and so control inflation, eg oil would be cheaper if the £ went back to $2.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425