House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Bart'

Hsbc Bank Customers

My HSBC statements normally arrive in the middle of the month. 3 in all. Business account, business account charges and Current account.

While sorting out my accounts I noticed that I'm missing all 3 for December.

Now this was during the middle of the snow crisis, when mail wasn't getting delivered at all.

Any other HSBC customers missing December statements?

I'm hoping so.

I've been known to misplace the odd statement when it comes to putting my yearly accounts together but not three, all from the same month.

norra clue. Will ask my OH when he reappears.

Had a letter from HMRC sent way before xmas arrive at the end of last week.

Parcels have disappeared and those that arrived seem to take ages.

Had a letter from HMRC sent way before xmas arrive at the end of last week.

I had a Corporation Tax bill dated 4th December arrive after Xmas.

My HSBC statements normally arrive in the middle of the month. 3 in all. Business account, business account charges and Current account.

While sorting out my accounts I noticed that I'm missing all 3 for December.

Now this was during the middle of the snow crisis, when mail wasn't getting delivered at all.

Any other HSBC customers missing December statements?

Don`t receive any paper statements or bills for anything, all statements and bills checked online through internet banking and log on accounts. A few years back letters were intercepted and details taken of people`s banking and other details.

Letters received both genuine and spam and my personal details go through the shredder. ;)

A few years back letters were intercepted and details taken of people`s banking and other details.

There's definitely that to consider.

I can access the December statements online but I'm afraid I'm a bit of a stick in the mud when it comes to paper statements.

I had a letter from HRMC threatening court action becuase I owed...... £0.00!!!!

What prompted the letter was I had cancelled all my business DD's as I had duplicate DD setup which I hadnt authorised and I didnt know what was genuine or not so I cancelled everything and contacted my suppliers direct to re-establish the DD again.

Incidentally Direct Debit fraud is now at a record high.

http://www.americanc...ecord-high.html

Exactly how do the crooks set up a direct debit? The article doesn't give any hints, or what we can do to prevent it.

.... consumers may unwittingly be adding to the problem as many continue to be lax in checking their bank balance with one in five (21%) admitting they only check their balance once a month.

What are we supposed to do, check daily?