House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leicestersq

Dishonesty On Mumsnet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-12192050

So Mumsnetters tell each other porky pies. Whudda thunk?

The mistakes of weak willed politicians swayed by those trampled by the Royal Horseshoes is something that is haunting us all. If women didnt have the vote, would we have political correctness rather than honesty, or a social security system that is dragging our nation to oblivion?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-12192050

So Mumsnetters tell each other porky pies. Whudda thunk?

The mistakes of weak willed politicians swayed by those trampled by the Royal Horseshoes is something that is haunting us all. If women didnt have the vote, would we have political correctness rather than honesty, or a social security system that is dragging our nation to oblivion?

Men, of course, never lie.

Not even male politicians.

Men, of course, never lie.

Not even male politicians.

Strewth Snugglybear, when you are dealing with the HPC anti-Christ, mumsnet, you need to be a little less forgiving.

Ms Freegard, co-founder of the site, said there had been another example of a mother who was exhausted and went back to bed during the day, but explained her failure to answer the phone as being because her hands had been covered in flour while making cookies

Shock horror, survey reveals that Mums can't have their cake and eat it.

In other news, a survey of posters on the popular "miserable sods" website housepricecrash.co.uk found that they tended to exaggerate both their income and their capital assets.

One poster, claiming to be an IT contractor on £90K with 200K in gold bullion, admitted under cover of anonymity that he is actually a junior clerk at the local planning office on NMW with £2.37 in his savings account.

I can believe that. As a newer dad it's interesting to learn how dishonest people are about parenting. No one really told honestly what it was like until I found out myself!

I'm actually pretty honest and happy to admit just how gruelling it can be. But then I dont feel any pressure to be seen as a perfect parent. You do ya best. There are plenty of times where I thought "why the hell did we do this". But there is some good stuff too. So I've heard ;)!

In other news, a survey of posters on the popular "miserable sods" website housepricecrash.co.uk found that they tended to exaggerate both their income and their capital assets.

One poster, claiming to be an IT contractor on £90K with 200K in gold bullion, admitted under cover of anonymity that he is actually a junior clerk at the local planning office on NMW with £2.37 in his savings account.

Could this be a case of LIAR POSTS ?

Where posters exagerate their real income in order to gain more credit on certain web forums?

Could this be a case of LIAR POSTS ?

Where posters exagerate their real income in order to gain more credit on certain web forums?

OMG life is just one big effing LIE

Do they still show that Tv program 'Keeping up Appearances' in the UK?

Because thats the first thing i thought of when i read the article.

If women didnt have the vote, would we have political correctness rather than honesty, or a social security system that is dragging our nation to oblivion?

Please explain your thinking.

Please explain your thinking.

Well, and I dont say this as light heartedly as my other posts, but women decide how the country is ruled. They are in a majority, and it is their votes that decide on the leaders. I know one person who said that his wife voted for the person with the nicest tie.

It doesnt matter what the leaders policies are, you cant win now if you dont have any hair.

And that it because policies are not as important as looks to over one half of the electorate.

Obviously to a woman. A man would not need an explanation :-)

I'm a man, and I'm still waiting for one.

Women may be marginally a majority of the masses, but everyone on HPC should be savvy enough to know that the masses don't decide how we vote - the opinion forming elite decide in large measure how they vote.

Moreover, whatever politicians are elected have to kowtow to powerful but unelected and often relatively 'invisible' people in high finance, media, academia and so on.

So the question is: are women predominant in THOSE categories of behind-the-scenes string-pullers? Or would they not have arisen without women's participation?

What some of you seem to be saying is that Britain wasn't ****ed up in 2001 when Greenspan let credit rip; but in 1918/1928 when women got the vote.