House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
seb197

Anecdotal Evidence Of Hpc?

my flatmates girlfriends father is a career estate agent. works for a ''prestigious'' countryside based agents dealing in agricultural sales and residential sales / lettings.

I came home tonight and she we where talking about my housing situation etc and she mentioned her dad was telling her the amount of repo's and bankruptcies in a nearby town had gone through the roof. literally the courts couldn't deal with them all. But he did say it was strange as the town we live in 20 minutes away isn't seeing the same level at all. the other town is a proper dying town though...

Could this be only the beginning? This would become a major issue imo if rates went up since again, anecdotal but many friends who have mortgages are all on svr as thye can't get any decent deals with any lenders... could be carnage ahead...

Just a bit of anecdotal for you all this evening.

1. Could you tell us the town?

2. Perhaps your friend's girlfriend is talking about your housing situation because she wants you out?

;)

1. the dying town in the mire is Stowmarket

2. Nah, she is moving out with my flatmate on 14 feb. how romantic! ;) I get to set up my turbo trainer in the lounge now! woop!

There is going to be a widescale collpase of the rental sector. London has had trillions thrown at it via the bailout so may be the exception for a while. Elsewhere inflation is going to wipe out the ability of the whole sector to afford current rents.

Wait till the tax demands have to be met at the end of this month - that is going to be the choker moment.

Edited by OnlyMe

It sounds like wherever there is a decent lawyer "where's the note" would be a good question to ask in every repossession - even if it was only to ensure that everything was being done correctly.

Not to take anything for granted as there's been so much banking fraud, corruption and thievery it's right to be sure of these things.

Edited by billybong

1. the dying town in the mire is Stowmarket

2. Nah, she is moving out with my flatmate on 14 feb. how romantic! ;) I get to set up my turbo trainer in the lounge now! woop!

Get a BIG pedestal fan....

It sounds like wherever there is a decent lawyer "where's the note" would be a good question to ask in every repossession - even if it was only to ensure that everything was being done correctly.

Not to take anything for granted as there's been so much banking fraud, corruption and thievery it's right to be sure of these things.

****** to that.

I'll knock something up in Word if they want.

LET THE REPOS COMMENCE.

****** em.