House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hmmmm

Disappearing Properties From Land Registry Sold Prices?!?

This may well have been covered before, apologies if this is the case.

I have been keeping my eye on some properties in the Oxford area and I was keeping an eye on Plater Drive in particular

I had been tracking the road on houseprices.co.uk and mouseprice.com

I then noticed an odd thing. 83 Plater Drive was on houseprices.co.uk, but not on mouseprice... If they're looking at the official land registry sold prices, how can this be possible. What made me write this post though, was the disappearance of this property from houseprice as well!!

If you google for "83 plater drive", you can still see it in some search results as having sold in 2006 for 445000. It's now rapidly disappearing from other places such as local newspaper sites. It's gone from the Oxford Mail site, despite still being on google search too

=Plater%20Drive|Oxford%20&property_type=&ownership_type="]Houseprices - Droitwich Advertiser version

Is it possible to request removal from the land registry sold prices list (I suspect not), but given what I've just seen, it looks like it is possible to get removed from these other sites that just report it. Seems totally inappropriate that this can be done either way. Maybe I was being naive, but I thought every sale recorded was on those sites.

Thoughts anyone?

Bump!

Seems the admin took a while to get this one through, just trying to get it on the front page. Hope you don't mind.

This may well have been covered before, apologies if this is the case.

I have been keeping my eye on some properties in the Oxford area and I was keeping an eye on Plater Drive in particular

I had been tracking the road on houseprices.co.uk and mouseprice.com

I then noticed an odd thing. 83 Plater Drive was on houseprices.co.uk, but not on mouseprice... If they're looking at the official land registry sold prices, how can this be possible. What made me write this post though, was the disappearance of this property from houseprice as well!!

If you google for "83 plater drive", you can still see it in some search results as having sold in 2006 for 445000. It's now rapidly disappearing from other places such as local newspaper sites. It's gone from the Oxford Mail site, despite still being on google search too

=Plater%20Drive|Oxford%20&property_type=&ownership_type="]Houseprices - Droitwich Advertiser version

Is it possible to request removal from the land registry sold prices list (I suspect not), but given what I've just seen, it looks like it is possible to get removed from these other sites that just report it. Seems totally inappropriate that this can be done either way. Maybe I was being naive, but I thought every sale recorded was on those sites.

Thoughts anyone?

It still shows on Nethouseprices.

Direct link: http://www.nethouseprices.com/index.php?con=sold_prices_street_detail&locality=OXFORD&town=OXFORD&street=PLATER+DRIVE&year=All&house_style=All&house_age=All&house_type=All&search_radius=15&northingToSearch=20780&eastingToSearch=45030&cCode=EW&outcode=OX2&incode=6QT&order=&start_limit=20&curPage=2

Curiously, I checked on Royal Mail postcodes and found that 83 is not listed ie doesn't exist.

Has it been amalgamated into a neighbouring property?

Have you asked the Land Registry?

I put a similar question to them by email a few years ago about a house I had previously sold continually disappearing and reappearing on house price sites.

I think its a case of 'cockup before conspiracy', I got the impression that either the database software they use is carp or the people there who update it don't understand how to use it properly, perhaps both.

Edited by Neil D Possitt

That was what was causing my sale to disappear according to the Land Registry. My old house had been turned into flats and it's original address thus deleted from the Royal Mail address database. The Land Registry system tries to match previous sales to official postal addresses. If it can't match the address the sales just disappear off the database until someone at the Land Registry manually re-adds them.

Edited by Neil D Possitt

Thanks everybody for all the replies!

I was only keeping an eye on the street and have no idea what's really happening on it. It's quite possible it's just been sold and somebody is converting the place.

Either way, it doesn't look like it's malicious.

Nethouseprices looks good, seems to have the most comprehensive list. Thanks Anaemic Gremlin!

If anybody else has any favourites when checking up on house price history, please let me know.

Thanks again!