House Price Crash Forum

Swiss Whistleblower Rudolf Elmer Plans To Hand Over Offshore Banking Secrets Of The Rich And Famous To Wikileaks

HOLA441

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jan/16/swiss-whistleblower-rudolf-elmer-banks?INTCMP=SRCH

The offshore bank account details of 2,000 "high net worth individuals" and corporations – detailing massive potential tax evasion – will be handed over to the WikiLeaks organisation in London tomorrow by the most important and boldest whistleblower in Swiss banking history, Rudolf Elmer, two days before he goes on trial in his native Switzerland.

British and American individuals and companies are among the offshore clients whose details will be contained on CDs presented to WikiLeaks at the Frontline Club in London. Those involved include, Elmer tells the Observer, "approximately 40 politicians".

Elmer says he is releasing the information "in order to educate society". The list includes "high net worth individuals", multinational conglomerates and financial institutions – hedge funds". They are said to be "using secrecy as a screen to hide behind in order to avoid paying tax". They come from the US, Britain, Germany, Austria and Asia – "from all over".

Clients include "business people, politicians, people who have made their living in the arts and multinational conglomerates – from both sides of the Atlantic". Elmer says: "Well-known pillars of society will hold investment portfolios and may include houses, trading companies, artwork, yachts, jewellery, horses, and so on."

"Once you become part of senior management," he says, "and gain international experience, as I did, then you are part of the inner circle – and things become much clearer. You are part of the plot. You know what the real products and service are, and why they are so expensive. It should be no surprise that the main product is secrecy … Crimes are committed and lies spread in order to protect this secrecy."

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/julius-baer-whistleblower-expose-2000-high-net-worth-tax-evaders-world

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

What I do find disturbing is that Wikileaks apparently is going to hold on to this information and not publish it.

You have to ask the question why?

If Wikileaks truly believes in free speech and championing the ordinary people of the planet then you have to question their policy of holding on to such information.

You could argue that they become part of the problem by doing this? You could quite justly question whether they want some power or kudos from being able to dangle a sword of damacles over the rich and powerful.

If they are with-holding the info whilst this man is on trial then, again, why? If he ends up getting a long jail sentence then publishing the info after the sentence will not help him one bit.

HOLA446

40 Politicians - this is going to get interesting!

Like I pointed out a while ago "Crocs of Gold" = Caimans (tax evasion = piratical)

Read me sig. - only takes a few brave souls. :)

Edited by erranta

HOLA447

This leaks sounds good. Best of all it will expose Switzerland for what it is. A criminal country.

Besides being the secret depository of the looted gold/wealth/art from across Europe by the nasties the so-called "neutral" Swiss had armament factories working flat out flogging guns/shells/ammo/bombs to Axis And Allies (triple 'AAA')

HOLA448

What I do find disturbing is that Wikileaks apparently is going to hold on to this information and not publish it.

If Wikileaks truly believes in free speech and championing the ordinary people of the planet then you have to question their policy of holding on to such information.

You could argue that they become part of the problem by doing this? You could quite justly question whether they want some power or kudos from being able to dangle a sword of damacles over the rich and powerful.

If they are with-holding the info whilst this man is on trial then, again, why? If he ends up getting a long jail sentence then publishing the info after the sentence will not help him one bit.

It would help him. It would make it clear to everyone that his imprisonment was political, ordered by the crooks that want to keep stealing the wealth of others.

HOLA449

It would help him. It would make it clear to everyone that his imprisonment was political, ordered by the crooks that want to keep stealing the wealth of others.

Yes, I realise that but it won't help him when he has possibly something stupid like 15 years in gaol.

Much better to publish the info now in advance of the case, cause a global Public outrage perhaps enough to stop the trial or have it thrown out.

HOLA4410

It will be a damp squib if most of the accounts are compliant with tax law.

It will be dynamite if most of the accounts defy tax law.

I am not a tax expert but reading between the lines, this has a better chance of being a damp squib than dynamite.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

To be fair, so did the americans.

Rumours are that the US built most of Germany's Luftwaffe and tanks before the war broke out. Built most of the Japanese fleet that bombed Pearl Harbour. Recent finds have confirmed this with UXBs dug up in Lndon with "made in USA on them." In fact, there is loads of evidence that the US were a major arms supplier to Japan and Germany during the war.

But serioulsy folks, take my Mother-in-law............please!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Not sure I agree.

From what i can tell WL are careful to stay within the law and to avoid putting people or assets at undue risk. The delays are because they are 'redacting' the information, to avoid putting themselves on the wrong side of the Law. The legal process is slow at the best of time so this will take time.

Seeing announcemets like this should make people realise that WikiLeaks are effectively doing what the likes of SEC, FSA etc should be doing and are not. I certainly hope this leads to a revolution in the way politics and finance behave...... but am not holding my breath. Lets hope they dont take Assange to Guantanamo bay as feared. He will be tortured to reveal sources of information.

Orwell said something like beware when truth becomes treason..... we have reached that point and the only way of stopping further injustice is for the public en masse to get involved. I certainly admire the Tunisians who at least have guts. Seems like Britains students are the only ones with common man sense.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Recent finds have confirmed this with UXBs dug up in Lndon with "made in USA on them." In fact, there is loads of evidence that the US were a major arms supplier to Japan and Germany during the war.

Doesn't surprise me. The yanks have never liked the Brits. We were the first country they declared war on.

Edited by Alan B'Stard MP

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Rumours are that the US built most of Germany's Luftwaffe and tanks before the war broke out. Built most of the Japanese fleet that bombed Pearl Harbour. Recent finds have confirmed this with UXBs dug up in Lndon with "made in USA on them." In fact, there is loads of evidence that the US were a major arms supplier to Japan and Germany during the war.

But serioulsy folks, take my Mother-in-law............please!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

After WWI The Germans were restricted in what miltary technology they were permitted to develop, so much of the Luftwaffe was developed in secret.

When Messerschmitt developed the Bf 109, the intended Junkers engine was not ready. So the prototype flew with... a Rolls Royce Kestrel engine. I wonder how much RR were involved in the development .

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Shall we run a dead poll?

Dead by XX date

Or Dead from whatever cause

Or defamed on some BS charge of something horrendous like kiddie fiddling which turns out to be bogus yet no retractions are ever offered like the MSM love to do.

Yes they better publish them quick as this might prolong their life.