House Price Crash Forum
Bear Monger

Interesting Rightmove Photo

Very strange indeed!

The gutter is obviously shared and thus provides an invisible cross sectional border. The property is clearly detached, by changing the listing they could add another £50k on easily.

Edited by Unemployed Youth

31/03/2005 £113,000 Semi F No Map 51, Bury New Road, Whitefield, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M45 7FL

20/06/2003 £73,000 Semi F No Map 51, Bury New Road, Whitefield, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M45 7FL

Thomas Edison would be turning in his grave if he knew.

If you told him these engineering companies had turned into parasitic sharks he'd think you were winding him up.

If Edison had lived 2000 years ago, we would have electric chairs bolted to the front of churches instead of crosses.

Gentlemen please -this is no way to conduct yourselves..

Didn't GE generate a lot of sub prime bonds?

I'll get me coat, taxi is on the way.

I think it would take quite a lot to get Edison to spin in his grave. The biog. that I read about Edison a few years ago was that he was a complete thug, and when not stealing and infringing other peoples' patents, he was busy intimidating other inventers who dared to encroach on 'his' turf with hired muscle - a 19th century version of the archetypal crack dealer's baseball bat approach.

Notice is dated August 2009.

How long have GE been sitting on this place?

This is a big question - what are these knobheads doing with repos? Are they holding on to them at our expense?

This is a big question - what are these knobheads doing with repos? Are they holding on to them at our expense?

GE are / were into real estate in a big way, and in a dumb way.

Here in Australia they bought Wizard home loans at the worst time and sold it at the worst time and for a massive, nine figure aussie loss (so I hear). They've spent two / three years unwinding their portfolios. Have a huge commercial real estate exposure too.

GE Money sits / sat behind a load of shonky consumer finance . I once tried to help out a trainee in B&Q who was trying to get people to sign up to a loyalty card... one of my relatives did this and it only took to odd sign up to prevent them setting the boot.

This turned out to be a credit card: I looked at her screen and saw she was mid credit check (thereby possibly shagging my credit rating for a GBP100 store card - the joy of positive reporting, or is it negative?). Trying to back out of the agreement with GE Money was a nightmare. They would not cancel the card due to the GBP10 "welcome" balance until I headed down the "misselling complaint" path.

Last time I try to do anyone a favour.