House Price Crash Forum
Bloo Loo

Btl Landlord Giving It Lip In The Pub

Just been for a nice meal up the pub, and on my way out, in the queue coming in and ordering was a group of 6. One was very loudly proclaiming the plight of todays landlords.

SHE was about 30, and had all the conversation. Loud enough for us all to hear.

"The trouble with Tenants these days, is that they just dont bother with the place. I mean, theyve let the OUTSIDE go to rack and ruin...I dont know why I bother..the outside looks a state, the fences need mending and the outside needs a complete cleanup.

They are SCUM..they just dont give a shit".

I said loudly "thats because its YOUR job to do the outside".

The look I got was daggers...how dare anyone question her superiority.

Mrs Loo ushered me out.

more "entitlement" from the great british public.

Edited by Bloo Loo

Just been for a nice meal up the pub, and on my way out, in the queue coming in and ordering was a group of 6. One was very loudly proclaiming the plight of todays landlords.

"The trouble with Tenants these days, is that they just dont bother with the place. I mean, theyve let the OUTSIDE go to rack and ruin...I dont know why I bother..the outside looks a state, the fences need mending and the outside needs a complete cleanup.

Mrs Loo ushered me out.

Many landlords are complete sh1t. I've dealt with rip off merchants, to don't give a damners. Luckily my current one is excellent, runs it like a truly professional business, not one of these loud mouthed amateurs as you clearly met. Though the amateur contingency seems to be prolific sadly.

Mrs Loo ushered me out.

You really said it?? Totally awesome! :D

You really said it?? Totally awesome! :D

Dutch courage. and she was taller than me. that look though...it was priceless.

Totally amazing.... seriously!

I always make sure to increase my voice when talking about the negatives of housing costs etc, usually people go a bit quiet :) Some say it's a bit sad but you've got to do something lol...

Oh man, if only I could have been there - I am grinning from ear to ear!!

Dutch courage. and she was taller than me. that look though...it was priceless.

I think you were a bit too harsh there Bloo, perhaps shouting back "and to add further insult to injury the rent doesn't even cover the mortgage!!" would have been more diplomatic....LOL. I think that would have got glasses flying your way haha!

I have to ask - did she look dumb? Middle/upper class? We need details! :D

It's amazing the sort of people that get into property as an 'investment'...

no she didnt look dumb...just run of the mill about 6 ft in her heels....not bad looking TBH. Cant report on the car they turned up in either.

it was the volume of the voice, the sheer disgust she was voicing...TBH, the rest of the party had that "we've been here before" look...

the attitude was ENTITLEMENT personified....just disgusting.

My own landlord is very wealthy, self effacing and 100% reasonable...well till renewal time in a couple of months....maybe he will turn into a devil then..

Never forget you are doing the landlords a service....not them doing you one.....wise to get reputable landlord references before you do business with them. ;)

When I visit London, me and a friend usually go into a Starbucks type coffee shop, or cafe in the heart of the "square mile." Anywhere where you see the kind of spivs in their suits mouthing off into their Blackberrys.

We rant loudly about City spivs, sub prime, CDO's, MBS and banker bonuses.

Sometimes you can hear a pin drop afterwards. Good sport IMO! laugh.gif

When I visit London, me and a friend usually go into a Starbucks type coffee shop, or cafe in the heart of the "square mile." Anywhere where you see the kind of spivs in their suits mouthing off into their Blackberrys.

We rant loudly about City spivs, sub prime, CDO's, MBS and banker bonuses.

Sometimes you can hear a pin drop afterwards. Good sport IMO! laugh.gif

:lol:

There are tenants like me who are demanding and make a point of moving if we're not happy and can find something cheaper and bigger round the corner. I'd say this makes up 20% of tenants. The other 80% have fallen for the fearmongering spun by landlords and agents. We don't make enough of the numbers to drive rates down.

I would bone her. And if you see the bird again let her know please.

And as she is a BTL Queen I would subject her to some serious filthy abuse. And then report back here when I made her say 'BTL scum' over and over again as I rattled her. I would make her read HPC as I was giving her 15 seconds of loving.

Anyway..:lol:

As morally reprehensible as she might be, sounds like I'd still like to bone her.

I doubt she'd be interested unless you had a well self maintained external aspect

I would bone her. And if you see the bird again let her know please.

And as she is a BTL Queen I would subject her to some serious filthy abuse. And then report back here when I made her say 'BTL scum' over and over again as I rattled her. I would make her read HPC as I was giving her 15 seconds of loving. Anyway..:lol:

I wish I had your staying power...

:lol::lol::lol:

I wish I had your staying power...

:lol::lol::lol:

That 15 seconds includes a shower, lubing up, and a short discussion about rental yields in Warrington.

I was gutted that I don't have enough ca$h to go out this weekend, but I've got a feeling it's going to be an entertaining night here at HPC!

Edited by muggle

I was gutted that I don't have enough ca$h to go out this weekend, but I've got a feeling it's going to be an entertaining night here at HPC!

You don't need money to have fun....the best things in life are free. ;)

That 15 seconds includes a shower, lubing up, and a short discussion about rental yields in Warrington.

Lubing up? Thought that was just me! laugh.gif

I'd ask her for her professional opinion on a matter. Which of course, her ego would allow her to be unable to refuse my request.

I'd then approach her from behind and ask 'do you think this damp cloth smells of chlorophorm?'

so the question remains...would you self maintain or would you ask her to do her duty?

You don't need money to have fun....the best things in life are free. ;)

lube costs money