House Price Crash Forum
Pauly_Boy

Bbc Ramping : Part 1032

Typical BBC, they're going on about the housing crisis, saying the governement it paying higher rents because of it.

They had a chap from the nation housing fed or something on at 0815. When ask why are so few homes being built, he said that developers want assurances that they'll be able to sell the houses they build and at the moment there isn't the demand for it because people can't get mortgages!

Not one whisper that prices are too bloody high!!

They're going to have another interview in 2 minutes, so put News24 and be prepared to see red!

Why are there so few houses being built?

I would LOVE to build my own home right now. Prices wouldn't even be an issue as onward sale is not the objective.

But the system is such that it's so hard to get a plot and permissioning, unless you are a big company who can afford to force/bribe the council into rezoning on entire areas.

they should simply ban mortgages on residential property.

The landbanks would be sold, people would build at cost, and the price rises would reflect what people, the majority, earned.

much of any gains people have enjoyed on their property is pure ponzi...ie ...fraudulent...not their fault, but ponzi just the same. Like the credit that banks cant pay, the profit is illusory.

I think sometimes we are the deluded ones. For many potential FTBers, credit is the only thing they want. They don't see prices as too high. I can think of two that I know just like this.

Yeah but people are stupid. Smart ones at the top want them that way.

When will the BBC get done for their part in this? Surely their should be jail sentences!

Wishful thinking. On houses the BBC have just been echoeing what the majority think. We are not the majority, even if we are right.

Typical BBC, they're going on about the housing crisis, saying the governement it paying higher rents because of it.

They had a chap from the nation housing fed or something on at 0815. When ask why are so few homes being built, he said that developers want assurances that they'll be able to sell the houses they build and at the moment there isn't the demand for it because people can't get mortgages!

They're going to have another interview in 2 minutes, so put News24 and be prepared to see red!

The fact that after 13 years of Labour, wages rose about 90% whilst property rose a staggering 300-400%. INTEREST RATES WERE TOO LOW FOR OVER 10 YEARS. THEY NEED TO GO UP NOW, TO CONTROL INFLATION AND KNOCK SENSE INTO THE HOUSING MARKET. If they put them straight to 5% on Monday, sure there would be a good deal of pain, but very quickly the whole market would fall and then resume normal levels. Mortgage criteria should be tight as a ducks ar*** on multiples of 2.5 x main income and 0.5 second. This would keep prices at the right level and actually help far more people than finding ways to subsidise rediculous prices. Housing assns would be enabled to build new homes. Land would not be sold for stupid sums. Savers would start to get something reasonable, including the elderly who will be spending it.

The housing shortage is a complete myth, its the reason why Rightmove a while ago removed the total number search in favour of limited searches to stop anyone finding out how many houses are for sale in any one area.

Before they changed it the Isle of Wight went from 3,500 properties (May 07) to in excess of 12,000 properites post 2008.

Not sure why building 800 homes near Newport will do to the oversupply, bring the prices down further I suppose. :lol::lol::lol:

I think sometimes we are the deluded ones. For many potential FTBers, credit is the only thing they want. They don't see prices as too high. I can think of two that I know just like this.

yep...the price is the price and its the bankers fault they wont fill the gap between reality and fantasy.

the view is 100% reverse of the truth.

As they have been taught over the last 15 years of course.

...because one thing we haven't seen over the last decade, is enough money invested in houses...

I think these people are just a bit thick to be honest.

+1 - Makes you realise just how shallow and hollowed out the rest of our economy is - that this is all the beeb have to slaver on about. I can't even remember the last time I heard someone talking about a new factory being built.

[idiot mentality] I have got myself into a massive amount of debt buying a house at well over the true market value, thus I think we should punish poorer people by increasing their rents at rates even more so above inflation than we currently do so already. It's not fair that people pay less than me, even if they are paying over the odds.

I don't care if the housing benefit* bill goes up.[/idiot mode]

*Housing benefit being the benefit they pay to landlords for letting an unemployed person and increasingly those on low wages, to live in the empty property owned by the landlord, even if he has no equity and is B2L scum.

I'm irritated by the constant handwringing that benefit recipients might be pushed in the private rented sector where they will suffer from higher rents and no security.

BOO F**KING HOO

you should be, the more comign into the private sector the longer and higher prices are going to stay, meaning YOU pay more, what you want is mass scale social house building, it'll lower your rents lower house prices and lower your taxes.