House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smokinjoe

What's Your Funeral Music

So you've shuffled off this mortal coil, your body has been in an open casket for a couple of days to let people pay their respects, the priest\vicar\holy man is in tears through the service("Why do the good die so young Lord") , the church is packed, half a dozen eulogies have been given and now your coffin is about to leave the church or slip behind the curtain. What music will start to play at this moment??

You're not allowed to pick "My Way" or "Happy Days Are Here Again"

From my favourite group.

I've specified a peace funeral in a field. But in the chapel I could have this by Kate Bush played:

I'd hear it in my cardboard coffin and prob still get rigor mortis of the dick at the thought of Bush when she was 20!

I'd hear it in my cardboard coffin and prob still get rigor mortis of the dick at the thought of Bush when she was 20!

Kate Bush never made a dud album! :)

I think I'll have "I can't come" by "the Snivelling Shits"! :huh:

Hmmm...I don't know whether to have a stupid "upbeat" one (I did originally think about about the Countdown clock, but apparently its been done to death)...or a more sombre one...Sigur Ros would have been used quite extensively...at the mo, it might be this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWfBUMipul8

You can't beat a bit of melodic feedback...

I have often thought of asking the undertaker to put my mobile phone in the coffin on which I had pre-recorded the ring tone 'I want to break free'; or perhaps better still 'let me out' recorded in my own voice.

Then getting one of my friends to ring me at an opportune moment.

I am going to be cremated and I'm having this.

Geddit?

I've told my kids that they are specifically banned from buying a wreath which spells out the word "DAD" and if they do I am going to come back and haunt them.

****** music. I want strippers. Lots of them. All over my coffin. I want my coffin to have a ******ing pole in the top of it !!

And beer. Lots of beer. Dripping in bevvy,.

I feel as though I need to get to know you!

You can see me at my funeral. I will be the one in the box. Covered in scantily clad birds. Even though I will be dead I will probably still have a boner !!

kendra-wilkinson-lap-dance.jpg

You need to be careful what you ask for. I heard of someone who requested the theme music from "Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves.

This is what he got at his funeral....

Apparently you can now get talking gravestones in the USA (according to someone on tv this morning)

As you approach the gravestone it says: "Hi there, I was Fred Bloggs, I died on..." etc etc

But ideally played by Francis Jackson (probably the world's foremost Guilmant scholar and performer) on the York Minster organ. Though given that Jackson is in his 90s I'll have to resign myself to the likelihood that it'll be someone else playing this at my funeral, if anyone does...