House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hirop

Hows It Looking?

A bit (pleasantly) surprised by the volume, 700ish since 1st January. Not a lot I like, but on the plus side I see that Old Trafford is definitely heading sub 200K. I have a theory that we are at a sticking point with the 140-160K stuff in manchester, no one wants to knock the 20K off that £140K that is needed to get it moved. When that happens, the next leg down is underway.

I did like this at 190K http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-17189919.html - not that long ago I think this would have been crica 220K asking. This will affect terraces in the area also, leaving this http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32176391.html looking well-overpriced at 174K. It will be interesting to see if Chorlton factor props them up.

How's your area searches holding up since the New Year?

Prices round my way are definitely getting lower, albeit very stubbornly. Noticed there's been some 5% drops from asking in the local rag and three months later the properties are still sitting there despite being offered with O.I.R.O. This sucker is going down, a bit more very stretched patience is all that is required.

Edited by General Congreve

In my area (CA8) it's starting to look quite promising - quite a few reductions coming through on PBee - some quite large (10% on top of previous 10-15%). Still the usual unsaleable rubbish at fantasy valuations that's been on since 2008 as well though!!