House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ngn

"in Need Of A Bit Of Tlc"

don't know the area but that is a beautiful house.

I guess you think it's overpriced? It doesn't look in too bad nick.

Take a look at the internals.... play spot the radiator/power point/damp...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-31005488.html

can anyone beat it?

Easily :

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32159645.html

(OK, it's only about 5x local media salaries, but then I actually like yours apart from the asking price).

If you seek it out on the street view then it's not boarded up, and I'm pretty sure the old dear standing outside it is the one that lived there (I presume she's died, hence the sale)

I'm sort of tempted by this one, but I have a feeling someone will be stupid enough to pay a lot more than the figure stated.

I've lived in places not much better before now!

Easily :

(OK, it's only about 5x local media salaries, but then I actually like yours apart from the asking price).

If you seek it out on the street view then it's not boarded up, and I'm pretty sure the old dear standing outside it is the one that lived there (I presume she's died, hence the sale)

I'm sort of tempted by this one, but I have a feeling someone will be stupid enough to pay a lot more than the figure stated.

nice. sh!thole ex-squat in Moulsecombe for almost 5x local average salary (although to be fair not media unless you are talking ad sales or some other non-skilled work). living the seaside dream in that one mate.

edited to add: i had a proper look and notice its about 500m shy of Moulsecombe which makes it the ever popular Five Ways area - and so i assume the next door neighbours probably bought theirs for £350k to ensure that they are in the catchment area for a half decent school.

You are right - this will probably go for well in excess of 5x local salary to some Londoner looking to break away from living in the city who has sold a 2 bed flat in some SE1 ex-council block for half a million quid.

Edited by majestic whine

Easily :

It being full of rubbish wont add much to the refurb costs and it could probably be done for less than 40K.

Next door seems to have sold for 237K in 2004 giving a current value (in B&H) of 280K.

So someone could easily bid 200K for it

tim

nice. sh!thole ex-squat in Moulsecombe for almost 5x local average salary (although to be fair not media unless you are talking ad sales or some other non-skilled work). living the seaside dream in that one mate.

I meant median - sorry for typo!

Apart from the rubbish, missing floors and stairs etc, take a look at the collapsed front garden wall end and then wonder how far behind the rest of the place is in regard of structure rot.

It being full of rubbish wont add much to the refurb costs and it could probably be done for less than 40K.

Next door seems to have sold for 237K in 2004 giving a current value (in B&H) of 280K.

So someone could easily bid 200K for it

rom the

tim

Someone like you might!

And I'd rather you than me.

Having grown up in place not dissimilar (except the rubbish, thankfully. Apart from one of the flats, which was almost worse) I have some idea of what is involved.

(That place is worth several million these days, mind. Depends how you see 15 years of ongoing building work, I guess. And how much you like living with rats and deathwatch beetle).

I meant median - sorry for typo!

Apart from the rubbish, missing floors and stairs etc, take a look at the collapsed front garden wall end and then wonder how far behind the rest of the place is in regard of structure rot.

Love the way it says:

All who enter property for whatever purpose must sign disclaimer prior to entry

The property is to be bought as seen with no survey possible

Both viewing the place and buying the place seem like quite a gamble...

Love the way it says:

All who enter property for whatever purpose must sign disclaimer prior to entry

The property is to be bought as seen with no survey possible

Both viewing the place and buying the place seem like quite a gamble...

PROPERTY BEE UPDATE - BRING A TORCH! :P :P

Guide Price £120,000

CASH BUYERS WITH PROOF OF FUNDS ONLY NEED APPLY. Full of rubbish and requiring substantial modernisation / renovation throughout with lack of flooring to ground. Part of staircase to first floor also missing. The property is to be bought as seen, with no survey possible. See below. BRING A TORCH.

History

date event

18 January 2011

* Detailed Description changed: CASH BUYERS WITH PROOF OF FUNDS ONLY NEED APPLY. Full of rubbish and requiring substantial modernisation and renovation throughout the property currently has limited flooring to ground level with parts of the internal staircase also missing. BRING A TORCH. The property is to be bought as seen with no survey possible and completion to take place within 28 days of acceptance of offer. All Best offers to be made to sole agent with proof of funds, Neil Sutherland, 152 Lewes Road, Brighton, BN2 3LG by Friday 28th January 2011.

15 January 2011

* Brief Description changed: CASH BUYERS WITH PROOF OF FUNDS ONLY NEED APPLY. Full of rubbish and requiring substantial modernisation / renovation throughout with lack of flooring to ground. Part of staircase to first floor also missing. The property is to be bought as seen, with no survey possible. See below. BRING A TORCH.

14 January 2011

* Initial entry found.

* More details and 7 photos

* Save property

* Contact agent

* Upgrade listing

Marketed by Neil Sutherland Estate Agents, Brighton. Telephone: 01273 626268