House Price Crash Forum

There Is A Serious Problem With Our Lives

eric pebble

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You missed my point.... The BBC can do the preaching.

We have one of the most media manipulated societies in the world so why not start with the very tool the state uses?

Likewise we also need to realise that we dont need consumerism and the monetary system needs to be changed. Why cant the state do away with taxes and print money into existance when someone is born much like JFK wanted to with 111110 for example?

It would certainly make the state more popular by getting rid of taxes as we know them and money can be expired when someone dies. We have the technology to tack money and money shoudl also resort back to its primary function a means to exchange goods and society. But society also needs to enlighten itself more, I would like to see more scientific work carried out and paid for by the state for betterment of mankind as one quick example.

Afterall why do we need the system we have atm? It hurts many and benefits few?

Not quite keen on the word 'preaching' but I understand what you're saying.

Guest UK Debt Slave

Very pessimistic aren't you? If Britain could recover and expand from a post-global war, post-Empire collapse from the 1950s onwards, so Britain can carry on after the current banking and corporate system has overheated and undergoing an implosion. The current sham of women at work had its roots in the two world wars where women were drafted to replace men who went to war.

The crisis of mental problems in women caught in a increasingly unwinnable balancing act between their careers and their families is another example of we should change the current outmoded economic system: we should work to live, not live to work.

Very pessimistic aren't you?

Yes

Guest UK Debt Slave

I'm sure I'm going to get slated for this, but I'll try my best to explain my take on all of this.

All I ask is that I'm not judged.

My take on this society that we live in is that it is very FEAR based. The people of this country are fed FEAR. Some of that fear is via parents/peers etc, but then where did they get if from ??

They got it from 'society'.

Fear of the future....

Someone on here mentioned that;

"We are disconnected from each other, disconnected from nature, chasing not our dreams, but those of a sociopathic elite where happiness is money and power. No wonder there is so much mental illness."

The other day, some time ago in fact, I was watching Question Time on BBC, and a member of the public, mentioned to Ken Livingstone that Democracy wasn't working.....

And he gave some sh*te answer along the lines of it being essentially the best system there is, and David Dimbleby moved onto the next question.

FFS, how are we to fix this problem when we have idiots who cannot see out of the box ??

Do you know my answer ??

And I *know* I'm right......

We need a Spiritual solution to our problems.

Yes, we ARE disconnected, because we have been living in a society which is RAMPANT in fear - and FEAR is what EGO feeds on.

Why are people soooooo concerned about Pensions (fear of future), and we all know that our main service industry is Financial Services (a VERY Fear based industry - that lives off our fears, and is consumed by greedy, egotistical Banker types......)

Please, listen to these words, trust me. I have NO hidden agenda.

The EGO fears the future, and we live in an Egotistical society, fearing the future, DISCONNECTED from each other, and everybody for themselves......

That's what our society has become.

I have SO much more to say on this, but I'll stop there. I want to see what the reaction I get.

But this is the cause.

We ALL know that happiness is not external, but is WITHIN.

And without LOVE at the centre of all our PURPOSE in life, it is VERY hard to be happy. Impossible even.

Fix these things, and watch everything fall into place.

Now, how do we get an entire society to go along with all of that ??

There's the problem (I have the answer, but it won't happen - we need the major shift in our Collective Consciousness's for this to happen and our society isn't there yet)

I have SO much more to say on this, but I'll stop there. I want to see what the reaction I get.

Me too

We ALL know that happiness is not external, but is WITHIN.

And without LOVE at the centre of all our PURPOSE in life, it is VERY hard to be happy. Impossible even.

Totally agree.

The whole setup is a 'fear' based system.

The ruling elite are old hands at this game. As long as people are divided and fearful, they are powerless.

We have strayed very far away from how we are supposed to think, live and behave.

Me too

Totally agree.

The ruling elite are old hands at this game. As long as people are divided and fearful, they are powerless.

We have strayed very far away from how we are supposed to think, live and behave.

Then please tell me your side of things !

Notice how CONSUMERISM, feeds the ego, detaches us from true happiness (the within stuff) - this is part of the reason why women have been duped......

They've chased being happy by chasing objects (called object-referral) - attaching themselves to material / money / status / jobs etc , rather than self-referral which is how we all should be (inner happiness).

This isn't about religion at all (to the previous person who quoted me and making references to Songs of praise) - this is about the Universe and Universal laws....

Trouble is, that most people are quite 'insane' - they are in a 'zombie' state. They aren't actually 'conscious'..... And the collective consciousness of this country, essentially is in that state. Only the minority (i.e. NOT the sheeple) can see it for what it is.....

It's sooo sad.

Me too

Totally agree.

That fear is being dissipated. The ruling elite have lost control, and they know it. Their only chance of regaining the initiative is by censoring free speech on the internet.

I don't think they will succeed.

Guest UK Debt Slave

That fear is being dissipated. The ruling elite have lost control, and they know it. Their only chance of regaining the initiative is by censoring free speech on the internet.

I don't think they will succeed.

The ruling elite have lost control

I don't see any evidence of that.

It's like Jacques Delors said the other day in his speech to the EU, crises like the one we are experiencing right now actually play into THEIR hands rather than causing uncontrollable civil unrest.

But these setbacks were long ago foreseen by the architects of the EU. Jacques Delors, the French politician who more than anyone else was the architect of the single currency that is used today, is a highly intelligent man. He was warned many times by critics such as Margaret Thatcher that it was hopelessly premature to set up a monetary union without full political unification. He knew very well there would be problems.

But Mr Delors saw these problems as opportunities – what have been called “beneficial crises”. These economic crises, he believed, could be exploited by the European governing class to expedite with extra urgency and dynamism their over-riding project of integration, and the creation of a single European state.

Mad as a box of frogs eh?

Now a cynic like myself might conclude that these madmen might deliberately create economic crises to advance their strategic global socio-economic objectives.

Anyway, not that anyone really gives a damn. There's a flat panel TV to be bought down at Argos

The riots in Greece were far more serious than anything we have experienced here in the UK (or the unrest in Iceland) but it hasn't changed anything. If anything, a safety valve has been vented and swiftly closed again.

The British are different. The nutters beat up their wives. The chavs get pissed up on cheap lager. The middle class watch Have I got News for You, go to bed and return to debt slavery in the morning.

The ruling elite doesn't like the internet but for most internet malcontents (rather like myself), it's just another safety valve. I'm not going to go and burn down my local town hall and lynch the local politicians by myself! If a million people get the same idea simultaneously, that's different. I might be seriously tempted

The British have been so emasculaed, browbeaten, bullied and robbed by the British banking and ruling class but they just carry on as normal and take it up the ar$e. Nothing will change in the UK. They can get away with fekkn us over and they know damn well they can get away with it which is why they have become so brazen in their criminality and lawlessness.

I don't see any evidence of that.

It's like Jacques Delors said the other day in his speech to the EU, crises like the one we are experiencing right now actually play into THEIR hands rather than causing uncontrollable civil unrest.

Mad as a box of frogs eh?

Now a cynic like myself might conclude that these madmen might deliberately create economic crises to advance their strategic global socio-economic objectives.

Anyway, not that anyone really gives a damn. There's a flat panel TV to be bought down at Argos

The riots in Greece were far more serious than anything we have experienced here in the UK (or the unrest in Iceland) but it hasn't changed anything. If anything, a safety valve has been vented and swiftly closed again.

The British are different. The nutters beat up their wives. The chavs get pissed up on cheap lager. The middle class watch Have I got News for You, go to bed and return to debt slavery in the morning.

The ruling elite doesn't like the internet but for most internet malcontents (rather like myself), it's just another safety valve. I'm not going to go and burn down my local town hall and lynch the local politicians by myself! If a million people get the same idea simultaneously, that's different. I might be seriously tempted

The British have been so emasculaed, browbeaten, bullied and robbed by the British banking and ruling class but they just carry on as normal and take it up the ar$e. Nothing will change in the UK. They can get away with fekkn us over and they know damn well they can get away with it which is why they have become so brazen in their criminality and lawlessness.

You are so charmingly naïve Debtslave. You don't understand the power you possess. At least half of the above is bullsh!t, yet you are still head and shoulders above the rest.

We have a long way to go.

Guest UK Debt Slave

You are so charmingly naïve Debtslave. You don't understand the power you possess. At least half of the above is bullsh!t, yet you are still head and shoulders above the rest.

We have a long way to go.

That's a very strange response

I'm not sure that I understand what you are trying to say!

So I am a naive fool but a very good bullsh!tter?

Hmmm. Yes, on reflection, it's not very flattering is it! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help, tallguy.

Anyone seen scepticus? :lol:

The chart is not even to scale Pandora. If it was, the Y axis would need to be about one hundred and twenty feet tall (based on 10 million being approximately equivalent to about 2 inches on your screen's representation of population size) and the X axis would need to be about 83 feet long (based on 2000 years being approximately equivalent to about 2 inches on your screens representation of time)!

What the above means is that if we view the last 2 million years as being representeed by 83 feet in length on the X axis, for 82 feet and 11 inches of that time the world population was no more than, say, 10 million (represented as 2 inches high on the chart). However, in the last 1 inch of time, the size of the population (in inches of height on the chart) has gone from about two inches tall to about 120 feet tall!

The term "exponential" doesn't really do global population growth justice as a description.

Population growth over the least three centuries or so is literally off the ******ing graph!

The chart is not even to scale Pandora. If it was, the Y axis would need to be about one hundred and twenty feet tall!

The term "Exponential" hardly does the global population growth juctice as a description. Population growth over the least three centruries is literally off the fecking graph....

Indeed. And yet scepticus is hpc's self-proclaimed font of all knowledge.

No offence sceppy - you know I love you :)

The vast majority of men that I know who live in overpriced sh*tholes were lead into buying by the wife or the missus...some are now divorced and very bitter individuals with a mountain of debt ahead of them!

And it happens at all salary levels. You can never have enough money. I know a guy who works for Goldman Sachs and has done for about 14 years. He must be worth quite a few million given some of the positions he held. I know he'd like to sell his London pad and retire to do the things he'd like to do (he's an academic at heart), but wifey still has much more money she wants to spend... so it is impossible.

Another guy I know who was a trader in the 80s and early 90s tried to downsize his life, only to find out that wife of 15 years was straight out the door. Luckily for him, he didn't have any kids so he only lost half.

Guest UK Debt Slave

And it happens at all salary levels. You can never have enough money. I know a guy who works for Goldman Sachs and has done for about 14 years. He must be worth quite a few million given some of the positions he held. I know he'd like to sell his London pad and retire to do the things he'd like to do (he's an academic at heart), but wifey still has much more money she wants to spend... so it is impossible.

Another guy I know who was a trader in the 80s and early 90s tried to downsize his life, only to find out that wife of 15 years was straight out the door. Luckily for him, he didn't have any kids so he only lost half.

Another guy I know who was a trader in the 80s and early 90s tried to downsize his life, only to find out that wife of 15 years was straight out the door.

I've heard so many stories like that.

Wealthy men who attractive 'trophy' wives often get what they deserve.

THose kinds of people deserve eachother. They are just as bad as eachother.

I know a guy who works for Goldman Sachs... I know he'd like to sell his London pad and retire to do the things he'd like to do (he's an academic at heart), but wifey still has much more money she wants to spend... so it is impossible.

Come now, we both know 'wifey' has little to do with it. Marking to market though has a lot to do with it. ;)

I've heard so many stories like that.

Wealthy men who attractive 'trophy' wives often get what they deserve.

Those kinds of people deserve eachother. They are just as bad as eachother.

Actually, the trader I mentioned had been with his missus since they were 15 and he sort of lucked into the job in his early 20s.

Having said that Felix Dennis was right when he said "if it flies, floats or fornicates, rent it."

Another friend who owns a hedge fund married a Russian woman, and she took him for a lot of money in the divorce (after only a few years of marriage.) His german mother said to him something along similar lines to Dennis: "take how much the divorce has cost you, and divide it by the number of nights, then think what you could have got for that."

Gotta love those german mums - so pragmatisch!

Archived