House Price Crash Forum

There Is A Serious Problem With Our Lives

eric pebble

I mean exactly what I wrote I FEEL SORRY FOR THE GUY. Yeah? Just how would you react if you were referred to as "halfway decent"? Who else in your family refers to him in such a derogatory manner? And no I don't know him but you told us all enough about him, for example, he is "halfway decent". So we can all assume from that assesment that he is also "halfway bad" too? So yeah, it reads like you look down on him so for that I do feel sorry for him! And what stands out the most is the fact that you do not mention his suffering in your post...nothing...zilcho? It's all about your sister or sister in law...of course he must be having a blast through all of this pain and suffering that he has inflicted on someone else?

As for your sister (or sister in law as you wrote previously) well I'm sorry to be so up front but do you not think she may have been a tad bit too old to have kids? Missing the boat for buying a house is ****** as we all know but missing the boat for having kids is a stark reality! You cannot beat nature...and IVF ain't exactly the be all and end all! It's really nothing personal but that is just the way it is!

Did mummy not give you enough love when you were little then?

Why don't you crawl back under you mysogynistic, woman-hating little hole you sad little w*nker...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh women, for where art thou? I am not a woman hater (in fact I love them) but any ladies out there, I'd be so grateful for you input in this discussion. What is your opinion on the matters discussed. Come on dolls, we men want to know!

Actually there have been loads of tests done to try and decide whether it is nature or nurture and, whilst the feminists might loathe it, Nature appears to be the deciding factor.

Whether what is nature or nurture? This issue is just too complex to dismiss in one sentence. Things like men having a better stereoscopic vision, being better at maths etc., while women are better at languages, reading etc. can be related to the brains, I don't doubt that, but it is the society which has shaped women and men in a certain way, and still does today.

So, what else is nature? The desire of men on the forum to call women 'birds'? Women looking for men who spoils them/hits them? Nah, that is being told that acting in a certain way is acceptable or following cliches.

Ok, Im sorry to post such an antagonising thread topic.

We're discussing women's liberation and feminism in the thread topic 'There is a serious problem with out lives' http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=157697&st=80&gopid=2855672entry2855672

We're drifting into feminism and it's impact but not much feedback is coming from you told heavy creaturres. I love you dolls, you need to be wined and dined and made love to every now and then. I just want you to run me a hot bath when I get back from work, cook me a hot meal and wash my undies.

There is a sense amongst men that women's lib has blurred the lines between what men and women's roles are and that women have raised the bar for men (and other women especially the younger generation) so what may have been a house costing 3x a mans income, its now 3x dual income (whether you're partnered or not). In addition you have the same stresses and burdens men had to a point where you delay having kids are are so picky when it comes to men that you miss the boat entirely. You're then embittered menopausal shrews who die alone and end up getting eaten by your cats.

Seriously, ladies (and gents to a lesser extent), where do you see your liberation (and you definition of this) when it comes to where we are with house prices and the economy?

P.S I love you.

Whether what is nature or nurture? This issue is just too complex to dismiss in one sentence. Things like men having a better stereoscopic vision, being better at maths etc., while women are better at languages, reading etc. can be related to the brains, I don't doubt that, but it is the society which has shaped women and men in a certain way, and still does today.

So, what else is nature? The desire of men on the forum to call women 'birds'? Women looking for men who spoils them/hits them? Nah, that is being told that acting in a certain way is acceptable or following cliches.

Give it a few years and you will be yearning to bake cakes and not have to work.

Why don't you crawl back under you mysogynistic, woman-hating little hole you sad little w*nker...

My mum gave me lots of love when I was young and her and my dad are not quite the boomers that some on this site describe.

I really do not understand why you have to resort to insults. I tried that many moons ago and was banned for 6 months...it's a pointless tactic tallguy so do please quit before it gets noticed.

As for the women hating stuff, no I do not hate women but I hate the fact that spotlight is always on women, for instance, have you ever noticed how media reports of deaths etc all ways start with stuff like "Two people including a woman" or "56 people including 12 women" etc etc etc....it's there all the time! It's not a conspiracy theory it is just that women seem to be held in massive high regard to men...yet they play dirtier then men!

Of course, it is necessary for me to declare an interest and I shall in that my ex took away my daughter from me and it took me 1000s to get her tracked down and into court. I got a result due to a fantastic judge!

However, I do not hate women at all...that is an absurd allegation! However, what I'm aware of is the tragic imbalance between men and women in today's society...I am very aware of that as many of my friends are now stuck at the parents home (the boomers house) paying for a home and kids that they cannot see?? Why is that?? Why can a women take away a man's child and deny him access? If the man did it then the women can phone the police and his a$$ is in jail! But the other way round...cops do nothing???

And of course I've seen many relationships that have collapsed due to miscarriages and due to the guy "not understanding the needs" of the women...yet no-one understands his feelings? Or what he is going through? I've seen guys in my former workplaces in pieces...yet they are never mentioned! That is what I'm getting at with you! You just didn't mention the guy...you think he's made of stone?

It's a crying shame! I'm all for equality but 50/50 is where it needs to be pegged!

Let me try to reframe what i'm saying

We have serious systemic cost problems in the uk and costs make people poorer. As long as many continue to try to pretend that the problem is simply other people spending too much (or some other glib idiocy), then they are also stuck with sharing the costs - because nothing will be done about the problem

I'm afraid unless you and millions like you gett off your mental ass and drill down into the causes, you are also going to be saddled

Ofcourse I will support the feckless with higher taxes. I have no choice. I do not have a say on my taxes or how they are spent. I just work hard and pay them.

When the country was booming and wallowing in the cash, I wasnt told then 'we're all in it together' but your right, I'll get off my mental ass and drill down to the cause (because you're worth it!).

THERE IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH OUR LIVES:

There have been many articles in the press recently about mental depression....

Depression in women is rampant

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/213536.php

How many of you think there is a very direct causal relationship between the manifest unhappiness of many people out there - and house prices & the consequent high/unsustainable cost of living?

I think it is another Elephant in the Room --- [i.e. sitting alongside the LIAR LOANS phenomenon....]

Great thread Eric.

From my own experience of parents with "clinical depression" and my own issues and prescription for antidepressants, It's my opinion that depression is a choice for 99% of those who "suffer" from it.

He doesn't hate women. He hates a system that ensures all the needs of the woman in a relationship breakdown are taken care of before beginning to think of the man's position.

Do you think that is fair?

Try to look at the bigger picture, the evolving role of women in society is being discussed here, like women being suckered into 'careers' at the expense of their health, well-being, life chances.

It sounds like your sister-in-law was conned in this sort of way. You should be angry at the world we created not Chest Rockwell's comments.

You might not like his choice of words but you need to look elsewhere for the real villains who f*cked up your S-in-law's life.

BTW it never looks good in an argument to reply to a paragraph of reasoned argument with a few words of abuse...

And you could end up chucked off the forum.

Guest UK Debt Slave

Are your folks boomers?

They grew up in the 1930s. Both my parents served in the army though both escaped the shooting action. My mum served served her time in post war Berlin and my dad was in the Royal Fusiliers and narrowly missed active service in Burma at the tail end of WW2 only because his twin brother was serving in Germany after the Normandy landings. They both came from very poor families. My dad was a professional cartoonist for 40 years and my mum ran a commercial cleaning business.

Their life experience was one of grinding poverty followed by relative comfort.

Today's generation will experience exactly the opposite

Are YOU looking for happiness?

Happiness is not a thing or a place or even a person.

You can spend a fortune trying to buy the right "thing". Whether it be Jimmy Choos or a 4 bedroom detached house in the country. You will not find it there!

You can travel the world, but you will not find it. Only fatigue and boredom!

You can have 5000 "friends" on your Facebook, and try to impress or serve them all at once by telling them you are "now buying broccoli". That will not bring you happiness.

The secret, is to bring happiness to the world from within YOU!

You can't lose! And I like the sound of that.

stacey-from-x-factor-pic-itv-228715330.jpg

Stay Happy

Yes! It's good to know there are others too. The ripple effect.

He doesn't hate women. He hates a system that ensures all the needs of the woman in a relationship breakdown are taken care of before beginning to think of the man's position.

Do you think that is fair?

Try to look at the bigger picture, the evolving role of women in society is being discussed here, like women being suckered into 'careers' at the expense of their health, well-being, life chances.

It sounds like your sister-in-law was conned in this sort of way. You should be angry at the world we created not Chest Rockwell's comments.

You might not like his choice of words but you need to look elsewhere for the real villains who f*cked up your S-in-law's life.

BTW it never looks good in an argument to reply to a paragraph of reasoned argument with a few words of abuse...

And you could end up chucked off the forum.

I'm well aware of the bigger picure and am also well aware of who the real villians are. I would have thoght the post in question (alongside my other posts on this forum) pretty much alluded to that.

It's the poster in question's attempt to be a smart-ass and make assumptions about the persons cited in my post based on his own bitter personal experiences that is evidence of a lack of capacity to see a bigger picture.

They grew up in the 1930s. Both my parents served in the army though both escaped the shooting action. My mum served served her time in post war Berlin and my dad was in the Royal Fusiliers and narrowly missed active service in Burma at the tail end of WW2 only because his twin brother was serving in Germany after the Normandy landings. They both came from very poor families. My dad was a professional cartoonist for 40 years and my mum ran a commercial cleaning business.

Sounds like your folks are more at the age of my Nan...have to admit that she has done well for herself. The Grandad fought in Africa until he was shot to pieces by an ME109 (he survived but died of skin cancer years later) and the Nan was a medic for the Army in London helping the wounded heal.

I'm well aware of the bigger picure and am also well aware of who the real villians are. I would have thoght the post in question (alongside my other posts on this forum) pretty much alluded to that.

It's the poster in question's attempt to be a smart-ass and make assumptions about the persons cited in my post based on his own bitter personal experiences that is evidence of a lack of capacity to see a bigger picture.

I can assure you that it wasn't my intention to do that, but if it came across that way then I do apologise.

I'm sure I'm going to get slated for this, but I'll try my best to explain my take on all of this.

All I ask is that I'm not judged.

My take on this society that we live in is that it is very FEAR based. The people of this country are fed FEAR. Some of that fear is via parents/peers etc, but then where did they get if from ??

They got it from 'society'.

Fear of the future....

Someone on here mentioned that;

"We are disconnected from each other, disconnected from nature, chasing not our dreams, but those of a sociopathic elite where happiness is money and power. No wonder there is so much mental illness."

The other day, some time ago in fact, I was watching Question Time on BBC, and a member of the public, mentioned to Ken Livingstone that Democracy wasn't working.....

And he gave some sh*te answer along the lines of it being essentially the best system there is, and David Dimbleby moved onto the next question.

FFS, how are we to fix this problem when we have idiots who cannot see out of the box ??

Do you know my answer ??

And I *know* I'm right......

We need a Spiritual solution to our problems.

Yes, we ARE disconnected, because we have been living in a society which is RAMPANT in fear - and FEAR is what EGO feeds on.

Why are people soooooo concerned about Pensions (fear of future), and we all know that our main service industry is Financial Services (a VERY Fear based industry - that lives off our fears, and is consumed by greedy, egotistical Banker types......)

Please, listen to these words, trust me. I have NO hidden agenda.

The EGO fears the future, and we live in an Egotistical society, fearing the future, DISCONNECTED from each other, and everybody for themselves......

That's what our society has become.

I have SO much more to say on this, but I'll stop there. I want to see what the reaction I get.

But this is the cause.

We ALL know that happiness is not external, but is WITHIN.

And without LOVE at the centre of all our PURPOSE in life, it is VERY hard to be happy. Impossible even.

Fix these things, and watch everything fall into place.

Now, how do we get an entire society to go along with all of that ??

There's the problem (I have the answer, but it won't happen - we need the major shift in our Collective Consciousness's for this to happen and our society isn't there yet)

Fascinating thread... and not a misogynist in sight. :ph34r:

It's obvious that as GDP grew as the workforce grew, more ways would be found to liberate people of their new found wealth - Parkinson's Law ('expenditures rise to meet income'). Banks and government; and the marketers quickly cottoned on to this. Given people absurd levels of credit, normalise this and the con of debt being wealth was born. Reminds me of the gee-whiz self-help realisation that a person on his deathbed would be wishing they'd 'spent more time at work'.

People always get suckered in. It's hard to swim again the tide. People are played all the time, living lives of quiet desperation. Expectations are too high, the demands of life too onerous (false benchmarks), our masters utterly corrupt.

There is no reset button. And it will end in tears and disappointment for many.

We've practically turned the UK into a giant open prison, complete with 24 cctv monitoring where a quarter of the population have to live hand to mouth because they're on or just above the NMW. It's not surprising people are starting to lose it.

Liked this observation. It feels like that.

My sister in law was one of those modern women who did not have kids and get maried in her twenties. Her thirties flew by. By the time she got to 39 she began panicking and feeling like she had been sold a crock-of-sh*t in terms of her career and "independant" lifestyle. She suddenly realised that all of the men her age were either married (in which case they were unavailable), divorced (in which case they came with "baggage" and/or did not want any more kids) or they were in their late 30s/early 40s and were never married (in which case they had grown selfish/were a bit wierd). :lol:

//

We were all sold a crock of shit.

It's really tragic, what have people actually gained by living in a house supposedly worth £200,000, that will cost £400,000 or so to buy?

Tallguy,

I did read your post and trust me, I did feel for your sister and her story, but equally, those words you used to describe the male in her life (I think you used 'half-decent') - I felt / reacted the same as the person you're arguing with.

I'm not taking sides, but I wouldn't like to be called 'half-decent' by anybody..... implying that I'm only half-good !

Very pessimistic aren't you? If Britain could recover and expand from a post-global war, post-Empire collapse from the 1950s onwards, so Britain can carry on after the current banking and corporate system has overheated and undergoing an implosion. The current sham of women at work had its roots in the two world wars where women were drafted to replace men who went to war.

The crisis of mental problems in women caught in a increasingly unwinnable balancing act between their careers and their families is another example of we should change the current outmoded economic system: we should work to live, not live to work.

But is this community a better community?

pointless question. technology moves on, and so do we with it. A snake eating its tail, just like the financial system.

its not like we have choice.

we don't run society, we can't. Neither can we expect to direct its evolution.

One could argue becuase you are not sitting face to face in front of a living being you are depriving your brain of 90% of the communication it would normally expect and this deprivation could lead to mental illness as its not getting enough stimulus much like most zoo animals?

in that case can you explain why you so spend so much time on internet forums or the internet in general?

Its ironic that at this moment in time humans enjoy the best forms of communication throughout their history, yet mental illness and loneliness is at an all time high despite there being more humans on this planet and almost reaching the over population point.

but is this feeling of dislocation a new normal or an effect of a rapid transition that will eventually settle?

the world population has been growing exponentially for near 400 years, and now it is close to stopping.

maybe its our fate in the here and now to suffer the culturally weightless experience at the top of that ascent?

Archived