House Price Crash Forum

There Is A Serious Problem With Our Lives

eric pebble

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More likely this and being conned into thinking sexual equality was doing the girls a favour.

Why be a stay at home mother, looking after your family, spending time with your friends, having a good old gas over the mangle when you too can be a corporate tool.

But...but...but... think of all the Jimmy Choos I can buy....but..............but :rolleyes:

Im not sure why people thought women were being liberated when in fact theyre just being enslaved like men have always been. Whereas a single income (man or woman) could have paid the mortgage and supported a partner and kids now a dual income barely does anything but keep a roof over your head. No wonder first time buyers are 37 and women have hit the menopause before they are able to afford kids.

How many of you think there is a very direct causal relationship between the manifest unhappiness of many people out there - and house prices & the consequent high/unsustainable cost of living?

Spot on Mr Pebble.

We live in a contrived miasma where an individual is gauged primarily by ability to absorb the shocks of extraneous variables.

People are no longer allowed to be people, they are required to fully comply with an ever more corrupt system to simply exist.

... that someone, somewhere, might be happy...

Im not sure why people thought women were being liberated when in fact theyre just being enslaved like men have always been.

LOL! I'll set you a challange: Shack up with a bird for a number of years, get married, buy a house and have a few kids then:

* you shag some other bird and get caught or

* she shags someone and you catch her

Then file for divorce! In both cases I can safely say that you will lose everything!

After that, go to the US and repeat the same! I can guarantee you that you'll most likely end up in jail for not being able to afford Child Support and alimony! In some cases you'll probably just kill yourself because it's cheaper than paying up!

Regardless of fault the women ALWAYS wins! Reason you don't hear about it is because the Divorce Courts and Family Courts are conducted in secret........unless of course it involves Jordan and Peter Andre!

Check out Bob Geldofs "The real love that dare not speak its name" documentry on You Tube and you'll see exactly what I mean! And I advise Eric to do the same too!

Im not sure why people thought women were being liberated when in fact theyre just being enslaved like men have always been. Whereas a single income (man or woman) could have paid the mortgage and supported a partner and kids now a dual income barely does anything but keep a roof over your head. No wonder first time buyers are 37 and women have hit the menopause before they are able to afford kids.

It is amazing the number of diehard femminists I know who have got to their 40s, sometimes their 50s, and have transformed themselves into what can only be described as a 1950's style housewife.

They still sprout all the femminist stuff but they have basically given up working, rely on their husband to 'be the man' and seem to spend all their time baking cakes and worrying about curtains.

...but if someone is depressed, they may not be able to get out of bed to kick a football, they may have lost their kids to kick the football to or they may not be fit enough to kick a football....they may not have someone to snuggle up to, live near the sea or a fish and chip shop......and if they do not have the money to pay the rent/mortgage it does have something to do with houses and house prices. ;)

For some people, yes. But a lot of unhappy people simply have too high an expectation of what they think they need to be happy. Our great-grandfathers were happy because they had enough food for lunch, now people are depressed because they don't have the same house, car, holiday and ipod as their neighbour.

Too many people have forgotten the pleasure of simple pleasures.

In this day and age if you want to avoid depression then:

don't get married

don't have kids and

don't get into debt.

I failed on points 2 and 3...oh well!

Debt = depression is not a modern symptom, but true back to ancient times.

For some people, yes. But a lot of unhappy people simply have too high an expectation of what they think they need to be happy. Our great-grandfathers were happy because they had enough food for lunch, now people are depressed because they don't have the same house, car, holiday and ipod as their neighbour.

Yes you're correct.

LOL! I'll set you a challange: Shack up with a bird for a number of years, get married, buy a house and have a few kids then:

* you shag some other bird and get caught or

* she shags someone and you catch her

Then file for divorce! In both cases I can safely say that you will lose everything!

After that, go to the US and repeat the same! I can guarantee you that you'll most likely end up in jail for not being able to afford Child Support and alimony! In some cases you'll probably just kill yourself because it's cheaper than paying up!

Regardless of fault the women ALWAYS wins! Reason you don't hear about it is because the Divorce Courts and Family Courts are conducted in secret........unless of course it involves Jordan and Peter Andre!

Check out Bob Geldofs "The real love that dare not speak its name" documentry on You Tube and you'll see exactly what I mean! And I advise Eric to do the same too!

I went to Starbucks for a coffee today. Then I stood behind a mature lady for the loo. I joked to her that I wasn't used to queuing for a pee. She just looked at me and then. There are are just some walks of life where the sexes will never be equal. Im not really a misogynist but I like to look after my women and Im lucky there are still women out there who like to be spoilt.

THERE IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH OUR LIVES:

There have been many articles in the press recently about mental depression....

Depression in women is rampant

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/213536.php

How many of you think there is a very direct causal relationship between the manifest unhappiness of many people out there - and house prices & the consequent high/unsustainable cost of living?

I think it is another Elephant in the Room --- [i.e. sitting alongside the LIAR LOANS phenomenon....]

Civilization

We are disconnected from each other, disconnected from nature, chasing not our dreams, but those of a sociopathic elite where happiness is money and power. No wonder there is so much mental illness.

"You're obliged to pretend respect for people and institutions you think absurd. You live attached in a cowardly fashion to moral and social conventions you despise, condemn, and know lack all foundation. It is that permanent contradiction between your ideas and desires and all the dead formalities and vain pretenses of your civilization which makes you sad, troubled and unbalanced. In that intolerable conflict you lose all joy of life and all feeling of personality, because at every moment they suppress and restrain and check the free play of your powers. That's the poisoned and mortal wound of the civilized world."

From 'The Torture Garden' by Octave Mirbeau

As the gap between

the truth of life as I know it

and the lie of life as I am told it

increases

my despair increase also

I am not an island

Because I know

beneath the ocean of lies and deciept

designed to seperate them

all of the islands

are really holding hands

They always have been

It is amazing the number of diehard femminists I know who have got to their 40s, sometimes their 50s, and have transformed themselves into what can only be described as a 1950's style housewife.

They still sprout all the femminist stuff but they have basically given up working, rely on their husband to 'be the man' and seem to spend all their time baking cakes and worrying about curtains.

Feminism had it's heyday in the 1990's with shows like Sex and the City. They wanted the freedoms men had and with men's freedoms came mens stresses and tensions. My best friend is an incredibly intelligent woman whose uni educated, brilliant at her job, early thirties and she wants to meet the man of her dreams and become a mother. A lot of what she wants to do may seem corny and anti-feminist but she wants a strong man, good earner who will wine, dine and spoil her. In return she wants a man she can look after. It has nothing to do with men or women being better than each other, men and women are different. They have differing needs. I like to provide and be looked after and I know women who like to look after and be spoiled. To each their own in any case. I fully respect womens choice to work but the problems are they raise the cost of living for everyone else and cant always have their cake and eat it. Before anyone accuses me of being a sexist pig, let me just add that in a situation where a woman had more earning power than a man Im all for him staying at home and raising the kids while she's the breadwinner. 100%. It dual incomers that I have a problem. I understand its now become neccessary but it should be avoided where possible, you need at least one sane partner in a relationship and if you do not have at least a single child then youre selfish and sub-human.

Debt is the lowest form of existance. Live your life however you want to but within your own means. Indebtedness = your failure as a human being.

Debt is the lowest form of existance. Live your life however you want to but within your own means. Indebtedness = your failure as a human being.

debt is the only way anyone without land and the means to independantly provide for themselves can exist today.

What the hell do you think FIAT is?

The very thing you get paid in exchange for your labours is debt.

Guest UK Debt Slave

That's a drum I have been banging for some time. Where we are now economy and quality of life wise for me is a result of women liberation. Not that it is a bad thing but we threw the baby out with the bath water on that one, what we should have had was gender equality what we got was the same rights for women as men had. Men had too many women had too few there should have been balance, of course it was never going to happen that way and ultimately women will see wanting what a man had wasn't really all it was cracked up to be.

As for quality for life, I agree there must be a single date in the past which was the zenith for quality of life, I suspect it was some time in the late 50's early 60's. An honest days work for an honest days pay and all that..... it got progressively better from the terrible conditions the common man had to endure for most of human history and now it's going in reverse.

The great challenge then was an improvement in conditions to tackle physical heath, now and in the future it will be mental health which is the great issue.

Everyone is chasing a mirage. That's the problem.

It's not surprising everyone is so miserable. I see it in the faces of the commuters in the morning. People look pre-occupied and sullen, especially during the long winter months.

My conclusion is simple

We have become totally detached with what it means to be human beings. In times gone by, the major preoccupation for people was just the bare necessities of life. Today, people find the pressure of maintaining the necessities of life much harder. Many people are horrendously indebted just to maintain those basic necessities whilst simultaneously engaged in the insane game of consumerism and worrying about their status in society. There are legions of people out there so detached from reality, it actually makes them miserable if they don't have the biggest house, latest flat panel TV, fast car, expensive gadgets that their friends seem to enjoy.

And as far as sexual equality and 'women's lib' goes, the elite powers realized that there was a HUGE untapped resource of wealth to be had by forcing women away from the home and the family and into taxpaying employment. Some people have even suggest that the 'womens' liberation movement' was deliberately encouraged and financed by powerful interests because they realized that there was huge potential to generate wealth for themselves and government by making the the 'other half' of humanity work for a living and pay taxes.

It seems like a plausible theory to me.

Guest UK Debt Slave

Very unfair statement

The problem is, this lifestyle has been made virtually impossible for the vast majority of people.

How can one live debt free when all 'money' is a debt to someone else. Everyone in the debt based money system is competing against eachother to get out of debt but seeing as virtually all money in existance is created as debt, the vast majority of the people will lose. Debt based money is a 'survival of the $hittiest' system. The people who thrive most in the competition are those with a natural inclination to cheat, steal and fekk over everyone else, particularly the bankers, corporations and the gubbermint.

Me again.

I think the boomers will go down in history as the single most affluent and spoilt generation that ever lived. They gave is a misplaced womens lib (slavery), The City, no social security to too much social security to what will become practically no social security, massive national debt based on property speculation bailouts and just to stamp out the final sign of life out of the future generation, globalisation.

Never again will any generation be able to enjoy the simple pleasures and satisfaction of our grandparents and before.

Guest UK Debt Slave

debt is the only way anyone without land and the means to independantly provide for themselves can exist today.

Exactly

Your salary (if you are still fortunate enough to have a job) is being paid with a debt created somewhere else in the fiat money system.

Insane isn't it?

Feminism had it's heyday in the 1990's with shows like Sex and the City. They wanted the freedoms men had and with men's freedoms came mens stresses and tensions. My best friend is an incredibly intelligent woman whose uni educated, brilliant at her job, early thirties and she wants to meet the man of her dreams and become a mother. A lot of what she wants to do may seem corny and anti-feminist but she wants a strong man, good earner who will wine, dine and spoil her. In return she wants a man she can look after. It has nothing to do with men or women being better than each other, men and women are different. They have differing needs. I like to provide and be looked after and I know women who like to look after and be spoiled. To each their own in any case. I fully respect womens choice to work but the problems are they raise the cost of living for everyone else and cant always have their cake and eat it. Before anyone accuses me of being a sexist pig, let me just add that in a situation where a woman had more earning power than a man Im all for him staying at home and raising the kids while she's the breadwinner. 100%. It dual incomers that I have a problem. I understand its now become neccessary but it should be avoided where possible, you need at least one sane partner in a relationship and if you do not have at least a single child then youre selfish and sub-human.

Can I hypothisise that your intelligent friend wined and dined on Alpha Males from 18 - 25 but now age is catching up, and of course the issue of eggs drying up, the man of her dreams will in fact be the Beta Guy that she often told to p*ss off at high school?

You say feminism had it's hayday, yet you have fallen for the feminist trap i.e. we can do what we like, sleep with who we like, realise that time is cracking on, shack up with a Beta male who will wine and dine and then...well...what then? Facebook? Texting?..

If you want to know "what then" then please take a visit over to the marriage forums at:

http://www.secretsocietyofwomen.com/

The stuff there will make your nose bleed...yet deep down...we know what is really happening yet most men ignore the warning signals until it is too late i.e. 60% of salary paying for a house they don't live in and for kids they cannot see!

I am not having a go at you...but seriously dude, your outlook is extremely blinkered and besides women do not like being spoiled...they like Alpha bad a$$ males who treat them like dirt. You know it, I know it and the whole freakin world knows it...yet all too often men are falling in the same trap and the law is not on their side!

The vast majority of men that I know who live in overpriced sh*tholes were lead into buying by the wife or the missus...some are now divorced and very bitter individuals with a mountain of debt ahead of them! One of them has found out that his missus has moved another man into the former family home...but he still has to pay half the mortgage?

Don't fall for the "it won't happen to me" it's happening a lot and it is the reason why society is collapsing!

Please do not get me wrong, I do not hate women, however, the law favours them! And because of that fact the man will always lose when it goes balls up!

Very unfair statement

The problem is, this lifestyle has been made virtually impossible for the vast majority of people.

How can one live debt free when all 'money' is a debt to someone else. Everyone in the debt based money system is competing against eachother to get out of debt but seeing as virtually all money in existance is created as debt, the vast majority of the people will lose. Debt based money is a 'survival of the $hittiest' system. The people who thrive most in the competition are those with a natural inclination to cheat, steal and fekk over everyone else, particularly the bankers, corporations and the gubbermint.

bang on the nail

And as far as sexual equality and 'women's lib' goes, the elite powers realized that there was a HUGE untapped resource of wealth to be had by forcing women away from the home and the family and into taxpaying employment. Some people have even suggest that the 'womens' liberation movement' was deliberately encouraged and financed by powerful interests because they realized that there was huge potential to generate wealth for themselves and government by making the the 'other half' of humanity work for a living and pay taxes.

It seems like a plausible theory to me.

Yep.

It's why the powers that be are so anti-drink and drugs, we can't have the proles lazing around enjoying themselves, they won't be fit for the work that their masters have in store for them.

We've practically turned the UK into a giant open prison, complete with 24 cctv monitoring where a quarter of the population have to live hand to mouth because they're on or just above the NMW. It's not surprising people are starting to lose it.

Fiat is the the greatest theft in human history and nothing more than an enslavery tool.

Archived