House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaceUp

5 Star All Inclusive Holiday

I recently went to Turkey golfing and stayed at the Cornelia Diamond and I was really impressed (first time I have been all inclusive).

Thinking of taking the family to a similar place in July 2 adults and 3 grown up kids.

Any recommendations or advice? Looking at place like Egypt, Turkey, Mexico or Dominican Republic.

Cancun is pretty good. Lots to do and see. Loads of hotels of all different levels.

It is quite 'Americanised' and all. However it is still a pretty stunning place. Great wee trips over to Isla Mujeres too. And you can do cultural stuff like visiting old Mayan sites if you fancy.

Good place. I think adults and Kids would enjoy it. Would need to check on the time going though. Spring break would not be good !!

Although you say July and that should be ok. Check weather too. Although you are well ahead of the usual storm season so should be fine.

I recently went to Turkey golfing and stayed at the Cornelia Diamond and I was really impressed (first time I have been all inclusive).

Thinking of taking the family to a similar place in July 2 adults and 3 grown up kids.

Any recommendations or advice? Looking at place like Egypt, Turkey, Mexico or Dominican Republic.

Egypt all inclusive resorts are firmly within the financial and travel grasp of people from Essex. Avoid at all costs.

I went to a 5 star 'resort' and frankly it might as well have been Basildon... the 'rush' of the horde when the restaurants opened was horrific to watch.

Still, 'spot the un-tattooed person' is a fun game to play... it can takes days...

Did the Dom Rep thing a while back - it was a bit blah to be honest. All very nice, good food, etc, but nothing to do once you get tired of the holiday village (cos it was miles from anywhere), a fair amount of timeshare sales going on, and lots of activities above the basic (sailing etc) were quite expensive. Also the sea was a lot colder than I'd expected for the Caribbean. Not sure I'd do that again, but then I am not a big fan of all inclusive anyway.

I thought hurricane season in Cancun was June till end of Nov?

Ah, they have a website:

http://www.cancuncar...cane_season.htm

Looks like it. Although all the bad boys are later in the year. I have been in June/July a few times. Get a wee bit of rain but it usually hoors down just after sunset - you get to watch amazing lightning storms out to see - then stops suddenly and dries out in a jiffy.

Cuba - The whole of downtown Havana is a world heritage site, drink Mojitos in the same bar unchanged that Hemmingway did, great beaches, great people, they all speak english and spanish. Not a McD or KFC or other shit in site. Enjoy the cuture and no terrorist attacks.

Finally if that has no convinced you - Latin Ladies as well.

Have you looked at the far east? The service in top hotels is simply awesome (much better in my experience than western europe), and the culture really treats kids of all ages exceptionally kindly.

Vietnam, Malaysia (langkawi), Bali, Thailand - all good.

Of course, if you dont like your kids, North Korea is fun

Egypt all inclusive resorts are firmly within the financial and travel grasp of people from Essex. Avoid at all costs.

I went to a 5 star 'resort' and frankly it might as well have been Basildon... the 'rush' of the horde when the restaurants opened was horrific to watch.

Still, 'spot the un-tattooed person' is a fun game to play... it can takes days...

Brilliant - this was the kind of insight I was hoping for from you guys - will ignore Egypt for now.

Cancun is pretty good. Lots to do and see. Loads of hotels of all different levels.

It is quite 'Americanised' and all. However it is still a pretty stunning place. Great wee trips over to Isla Mujeres too. And you can do cultural stuff like visiting old Mayan sites if you fancy.

Good place. I think adults and Kids would enjoy it. Would need to check on the time going though. Spring break would not be good !!

Although you say July and that should be ok. Check weather too. Although you are well ahead of the usual storm season so should be fine.

Mexico looks good because of the more international nature of the guests and access to a varied selection of activities. Thanks for your input!

Mexico looks good because of the more international nature of the guests and access to a varied selection of activities. Thanks for your input!

Be careful of going to somewhere where the big (and they are massive) cruise ships stop for the day as there is a massive influx of people that swamp the place with queues for everything.