House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Sky Breaking: Dave: No Chance We Will Join The Euro

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/-It-Be-Better-If-UK-Joined-skynews-1049846973.html?x=0

'It'd Be Better If the UK Joined The Euro'
Sky News
2011, 11:43, Friday 14 January 2011
The Spanish Ambassador to the UK, Carles Casajuana says that it would be "much better for everybody" if the UK were to join the single currency.
Speaking on Jeff Randall Live, Mr Casajuana pointed out that half of the UK's foreign trade and investment is with the EU.
"I think it very important for the union to have a strong United Kingdom and I am sure it very important for the United Kingdom to have a strong European Union."
His comments come after the French prime minister, Francois Fillon, speaking on his first visit to the UK since taking office, said it would be a "catastrophe and a disaster" for the UK if the single currency failed.
But David Cameron made the UK's position clear and said there was
"absolutely no chance" of joining the euro while he was Prime Minister
Why not Dave? After all you think its a good thing to be all in it together? Or are your BIG SOCIETY ideas for the plebs only?

The Spanish Ambassador to the UK, Carles Casajuana says that it would be "much better for everybody" if the UK were to join the single currency.

Getting worried 'bout his banks and his govt. and wants Brits to pay for it.

Euro up vs. Sterling. On the containment news no doubt.

Sterling is otherwise holding up well despite the bad news about trade balances, housing and jobs. I think FOREX smell and IR hike due to the inflation problems. Then we will have a MAJOR trade balance, housing and jobs problem.

Lose lose now for DC and the Muppets. Best to let the whole thing go and start again from a new baseline where houses are not the main driver of the economy.

But David Cameron made the UK's position clear and said there was "absolutely no chance" of joining the euro while he was Prime Minister.[/indent]

So not in the next six months then?

The Single currency has been a stunning success. Everywhere you go within the borders of currency zone, people accept the currency, and there is little dissent amongst the various countries about how the currency is managed. It's success is all about how you implement a single currency.

Meanwhile, outside of the 'pound zone', the 'euro zone' is in meltdown.

wev got a tiny boat with holes in it, seems like the spanish want us to jump out into the freezing water with them so they can jump on our heads to keep them afloat

Oh dear, note to self. Buy more € laugh.gif

I understand you bought Euros and Pounds ealier in 2010 after my crash warning? :lol::lol::lol:

Both down heavily as forecast--how much did you lose by betting the other way?

Gold not doing so good these days huh? Time to stock up on the big dip? ;)

I understand you bought Euros and Pounds ealier in 2010 after my crash warning? :lol::lol::lol:

Both down heavily as forecast--how much did you lose by betting the other way?

Gold not doing so good these days huh? Time to stock up on the big dip? ;)

Never been a gold hoarder fan and cashed out of most € some time ago, though I still have a few thou worth, just in case I need to vanish quickly. laugh.gif

Sorry to disappoint RB! dry.gif

Increasing income in USD $ though

Edited by Sir John Steed

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/-It-Be-Better-If-UK-Joined-skynews-1049846973.html?x=0

'It'd Be Better If the UK Joined The Euro'
Sky News
2011, 11:43, Friday 14 January 2011
Speaking on Jeff Randall Live, Mr Casajuana pointed out that half of the UK's foreign trade and investment is with the EU.
"I think it very important for the union to have a strong United Kingdom and I am sure it very important for the United Kingdom to have a strong European Union."
His comments come after the French prime minister, Francois Fillon, speaking on his first visit to the UK since taking office, said it would be a "catastrophe and a disaster" for the UK if the single currency failed.
But David Cameron made the UK's position clear and said there was
"absolutely no chance" of joining the euro while he was Prime Minister
Why not Dave? After all you think its a good thing to be all in it together? Or are your BIG SOCIETY ideas for the plebs only?
I endured a speech by Bertie Ahern in Dublin 4 years ago. He said "Sterling is like a Mickey Mouse currency. Britain should adopt the Euro.". How's all that financial wisdom working out for you now Bertie, you fraudulent ****?

Never been a gold hoarder fan and cashed out of most € some time ago, though I still have a few thou worth, just in case I need to vanish quickly. laugh.gif

Sorry to disappoint RB! dry.gif

Increasing income in USD $ though

I was certain that your forecasts all turned out badly in 2010? That is, very contrary to the results that came in?

You did have some forecasts in 2010 didn't you? ;)

Mine did very well--$ and Euo collapse, big year for US bonds and a nice drop of 15% on house prices in my region (I had forecast 20% but that was not too far off considering it was a very weird year).

Posted a thread before Crimbo inviting people to set out their 2011 forecasts in advance in their SIGNATURE so we could compare at the end of the year. That way HPCers would be stopped dead in their track criticising other's forecasts if they didn't have the courage to take a stab at something themselves.

Give it a go--

I endured a speech by Bertie Ahern in Dublin 4 years ago. He said "Sterling is like a Mickey Mouse currency. Britain should adopt the Euro.". How's all that financial wisdom working out for you now Bertie, you fraudulent ****?

Doesn't he like sterling?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7317743.stm

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/I+gave+my+close+pal+Bertie+up+to+pounds+30,000+in+a+black+briefcase%3B...-a0168576213

It's quite comical in a dark way. The country elects a corrupt individual and wonders why the place falls apart. Blair, Brown, Bush and Bertie. Um, I notice a pattern emerging here! :ph34r: