House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

Going To Auction After Price Drops

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28162694.html

Was originally on at 550k I think a couple of years ago. It's sat there and reduced in price. (The brochure from fine and country said how long the owners had been there 4 years so went on for sale in 2008)

27/02/2004 £265,000

Now at auction

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32161046.html?premiumA=true

GUIDE PRICE CIRCA £350,000.

or Guide Price

£375,000

Fab. Am tempted to go and have a viewing.

7 bedrooms?

You either have are large family or are insane.

For various historic reasons, I live in a big house and the waste sickens me. Not just the wasted capital locked in a depreciating asset. But the moral waste of taking more space than I need. Hell, I'm happy on a 30 ft boat and excluding furniture, boat stuff and a bicycle, I could fit my possessions in a couple of suitcases. But I'm sitting in a house that has rooms that are only ever entered to be cleaned.

7 bedrooms?

You either have are large family or are insane.

For various historic reasons, I live in a big house and the waste sickens me. Not just the wasted capital locked in a depreciating asset. But the moral waste of taking more space than I need. Hell, I'm happy on a 30 ft boat and excluding furniture, boat stuff and a bicycle, I could fit my possessions in a couple of suitcases. But I'm sitting in a house that has rooms that are only ever entered to be cleaned.

Er, why, if I make so bold as to ask?

Er, why, if I make so bold as to ask?

Why the big house?

'Cos we've lived here since we got married and (a)my wife loves it; (b)my children love it and as they are away at school most of the year, they like to come home to where they've always lived; and © I quite like it really - just wish it wasn't so damn big.

Or why clean rooms that haven't been used?

'Cos they fill up with cobwebs, dust and dead flies and the place gets a bit haunted-house like.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28162694.html

Was originally on at 550k I think a couple of years ago. It's sat there and reduced in price. (The brochure from fine and country said how long the owners had been there 4 years so went on for sale in 2008)

27/02/2004 £265,000

Now at auction

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32161046.html?premiumA=true

GUIDE PRICE CIRCA £350,000.

or Guide Price

£375,000

Fab. Am tempted to go and have a viewing.

Why would anyone pay 400K for a house: on a main road, next to the motorway, in Oldham?

If I had 400K to spend I would want to live somewhere nice

tim

Why would anyone pay 400K for a house: on a main road, next to the motorway, in Oldham?

If I had 400K to spend I would want to live somewhere nice

tim

Indeed. Thats why it hasn't sold.

It'd be a nightmare to get on to your own drive during rush hour. You could fumble with the gates at the back to go between the houses to get to the back of the house though.

And it's just up the road from a huge pub/travel lodge inn type place.

'Cos we've lived here since we got married and (a)my wife loves it; (b)my children love it and as they are away at school most of the year, they like to come home to where they've always lived; and © I quite like it really - just wish it wasn't so damn big.

LOL maybe your family love the house because it's big... partially.