House Price Crash Forum
Milton

Alan Johnson - Sky News Video. Innumerate

Sky interviewer Dermot Murnaghan asks Johnson 4 or 5 times, what the current rate of Employers National Insurance Contribution is.

[Johnson tries to dodge this exceedingly basic question]

The Shadow Chancellor then propose's that Labour would be increasing the rate from 20% to 21%, at which point Murnaghan informs Johnson that the rate is in fact 12.8%.

Murnaghan quips "theres still a lot to learn for you in this job".

Two weeks ago Johnson made a passionate point claiming that the government's recent VAT rise would stop families buying food, when in fact the vast majority of food is zero rated.

Johnsons knows literally nothing about economics. Johnson left school at 16, trained as a postman, joined the Labour Party as a self-confessed communist, worked full-time as a trade union agitator until he was elected as a Labour MP.

This is the person Labour want running our economy.

[Apparently Gordon was overly competent as a Labour Chancellor, and Labour now realise much more damage could have been done]

Edited by Dan1

Johnsons knows literally nothing about economics. Johnson left school at 16, trained as a postman, joined the Labour Party as a self-confessed communist, worked full-time as a trade union agitator until he was elected as a Labour MP.

This is the person Labour want running our economy.

No he's not. He's just a figurehead. The scary truth is that they are keeping the Balls-Cooper chimera under formaldehyde until the next GE. I have nightmares about them. Cannot begin to imagine what their private life must be....

Johnson is an A1 example of the Peter Principle

"In a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence". ;)

More the Dilbert Principal, where the incompetent are systematically promoted over the competent.

I think I could do a better job. Mind you, that's what I generally think when looking at anyone from either front bench. Now, is that my ego or the fact that the whole lot of them look so far out of their depth that the fish have funny lights on their heads?

Ed Milliband said he would "trust Mr Johnson’s judgment “any day” over George Osborne’s."

I think that says more about Ed Milliband than it does about Johnson. If a ship is sinking, don't tie yourself to it.

Edited by exiges

Ed Milliband said he would "trust Mr Johnson’s judgment “any day” over George Osborne’s."

I think that says more about Ed Milliband than it does about Johnson. If a ship is sinking, don't tie yourself to it.

moors-milibands.jpg

wrong? maybe...but my did this make me chuckle...I dont know what this says about Millipede though.... :lol:

Edited by JustAnotherProle

The question I have is, would Ed Milliband pass the Turing test?

What was Johnson like as Home Secretary?

I always thought Johnson was something of a very large ****** for wanting to send Gary McKinnon to the U.S to face a 70 year stretch.

Johnson decided that the extradition would not contravene McKinnon's human rights, and he had no "general discretion" to intervene in the case. This was a blatant lie.

Thank God the Coalition agreed to address the US/UK extradition treaty of 2003 when they entered office.

Because under Labour we witnessed the systematic destruction of civil rights in this country.

The UK-US Treaty has three main effects:

- (1) it removes the requirement on the US to provide prima facie evidence when requesting the extradition of people from the UK but maintains the requirement on the UK to satisfy the "probable cause" requirement in the US when seeking the extradition of US nationals;

- (2) it removes or restricts key protections currently open to suspects and defendants;

- (3) it implements the EU-US Treaty on extradition, signed in Washington on 25 June 2003, but far exceeds the provisions in this agreement.

The UK under Labour was the only European government to sign up to such a disgusting breech of the civil rights of its own citizens.

All the other European countries justifiably told America to F@@K off.

[Mexico, had a similiar agreement with the US. There are examples of Mexican citizens being 'abducted' by US authorities from Mexico, and then taken to the US for trial.

In theory, under the act, a UK citizen could be kidnapped by U.S authorities, taken to the US, and then even executed, if found guilty of a capital offense, for instance.]

The destruction of Civil Rights, still occuring whilst Johnson was Home Sec, is yet another proof of Labour Fascism.

Johnson just pulled the party line as Home Sec. Supporting issues like a DNA database. Employing spin and misdirection, when the European court of Human Rights ruled that Britain must cease to hold the DNA of people not charged with a crime. Crucial because it upholds the profoundly important concept of innocence.]

Johnson on the DNA database.

[We have more surveillance, implemented under Labour than any other country in the world, or any other state that has ever existed.

Including places like the Former East German stasi run state.

This is partly due to Labours, twisted interpretations of Isiah Berlins negative and positive liberty philosophy.

Basically New Labours argument was that if we are all being watched all the time, then innocent people will have less to fear!!!

Stalin would have been proud of that one. Of course, crime has not gone down, but these surveillance cameras, speed cameras etc, etc, have been used as another form of stealth tax, and have made untold sums for the government]

Why dont you Labour voters all piss off and live in Cuba, under Johnson's mate, Castro, instead of attempting to destroy the hard fought principles of the Magna Carta?

Edited by Dan1

The question I have is, would Ed Milliband pass the Turing test?

THE QUESTION IS REALLY, WHAT HAS ALAN jOHNSON DONE WITH HIS SLIDE RULE? I GUESS THE LITTLE NOTES ABOUT NI, VAT and Income Tax rates would have helped his interview technique.

Can anyone think of a more unlikely Chancellor? Mr Chaytor perhaps?

I think I could do a better job. Mind you, that's what I generally think when looking at anyone from either front bench. Now, is that my ego or the fact that the whole lot of them look so far out of their depth that the fish have funny lights on their heads?

:lol:

It's not just you though. Both front benches look to me like sixth form debating teams pretending to be Her Majesty's Government and Loyal Opposition. Thankfully, they are all wealthy enough to be immune to the consequences of their awful policies.

Judging by the bi-election result today when the next general election rolls round, and it might be sooner than we think if the coaliton crumbles, the fickle public will vote Labour back in. This country is properly fecked.

I dont know why anyone thinks any Front Bench MP would be qualified for anything.

As soon as they inevented the term 'cabinet reshuffle' when one MP suddenly goes from transport to education or something utterly unrelated it should be obvious they are parachuted into their role purely because their predecessor is disgraced or cant even act or take directions from their economists or speechwriters.

It's when you see him slide around that question and reel off loads of other facts that you realise he's just good at memorising a briefing note and sounding plausible. He doesn't have any understanding or knowledge in depth and in office others would walk all over him - all the time saying "Yes, minister; no, minister; whatever you say minister."

Chancellor of the Exchequer of a Top Ten Global Economy:

Gordon Brown: One-Eyed ex lecturer in History: academic Major: History: kicked in the head playing rugby. Which might explain a lot.

George Osborne: worked for a while for the NHS North London, recording deaths: demanding role. Then worked for an even shorter time of Selfridges. Became "Researcher" at Tory HQ: then parachuted into safe seat.

Alistair Darling: small town parochial solicitor.

Alan Johnson (Shadow): postman.

The Royal Mail "Lose a Letter Service" is famed for its delivery staff not being able to read and count properly.

And we wonder why Britain's public finances are in such an abject mess?

:rolleyes:

And this reminds me of the time Lib Dem leader Charles Kennedy was asked what the current old age pension was. He reckoned about £30pw - out by a factor of three!

It is a fecking farce that the people in charge are completely clueless about something as sodding basic as NI.

The people running the country (or with ambitions to run it) haven't really changed that much if at all over the years - but they still seem to get voted in.

Apparently Sir Alec Douglas-Home who was PM in the 1960s claimed "I do my sums with matchsticks".

It hasn't held the country back :P

No he's not. He's just a figurehead. The scary truth is that they are keeping the Balls-Cooper chimera under formaldehyde until the next GE. I have nightmares about them. Cannot begin to imagine what their private life must be....

Mr. and Mrs. Boll0x, PM and Chancellor :rolleyes:

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

GB was competent at making an a**e of things, an incompetent person would therefore make a better job at making more of an a**e of things... that's how I understood it.

Mr. and Mrs. Boll0x, PM and Chancellor :rolleyes:

Great, then they could knock through between nos. 10 & 11 - mind you, these leeches would probably try to flip it.....

I have a bet with another old friend who was also educated with one of this odious pair - he is convinced that Cooper-Balls (whoops, given it away now) will one day be PM; I am starting to fear that this is a bet that I may lose.

I have been sitting motionless in front of the PC screen, since posting this thread, staring blankly at the screen and have only just managed to close my jaw.

Words, as a tool to describe my disbelief are inadeqaute.

The Shadow Chancellor did'nt have a clue how much National Insurance people pay.

:wacko:

Sums up the Labour Party doesnt it

Edited by Dan1