House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

£550,000 Caravan Snapped Up On Wales Coast

Britain's most expensive caravan sold for £550,000 (and you can only live there for 20 years)By Liz Hull
Last updated at 6:44 PM on 13th January 2011
Comments (75) Add to My Stories With its luxury Italian kitchen, top-of-the range flat screen television and iPhone controlled heating system, it’s not your average caravan.
But then, at £550,000, it doesn’t come with the average caravan price tag either.
The luxury three-bedroomed static holiday home has become the most expensive caravan in the country after being sold to a millionaire couple last month.
Nestled on the seafront in Abersoch, North Wales, the chalet has spectacular views over the Lleyn peninsular and even its own private decking and staircase to the beach below.
Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1346857/Britains-expensive-caravan-Which-550-000-includes-kitchen-Italy-iPhone-controlled-heating-Jacuzzi-just-dont-try-taking-anywhere.html#ixzz1B0hB5a3j' rel="external nofollow">

Still a few mugs around.

iphone controlled heating?

what will they do next year...Upgrade to the iallinone central heating?

I don't believe it TBH

It is more likely that the 'unnamed' millionaire professional couple hold an interest in the whole 700 caravan complex and this transaction is just a paper shuffling exercise to give the site a veneer of exclusivity so they can command higher prices for both sales/rentals on the remaining lots. It's a cheap (very cheap) marketing exercise.

I am so confident I am right that I'll stake my mother-in-laws life on it. The sheep will be holidaying/investing there now ;)

The Daily Mail and their obsession with flat screen TV's as some sort of ultra-luxury item is only surpassed by their obsession with house prices :lol:

Ooh, these youngsters these days with their ipobs and their blueberry's, we could never afford stuff like that in our day! they don't know they're born!

ironically, their parents were probably saying the same things about LP records and penny whistles back when they were kids

Edited by pete.hpc

Britain's most expensive caravan sold for £550,000 (and you can only live there for 20 years)By Liz Hull
Last updated at 6:44 PM on 13th January 2011
Comments (75) Add to My Stories With its luxury Italian kitchen, top-of-the range flat screen television and iPhone controlled heating system, it's not your average caravan.
But then, at £550,000, it doesn't come with the average caravan price tag either.
The luxury three-bedroomed static holiday home has become the most expensive caravan in the country after being sold to a millionaire couple last month.
Nestled on the seafront in Abersoch, North Wales, the chalet has spectacular views over the Lleyn peninsular and even its own private decking and staircase to the beach below.
Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1346857/Britains-expensive-caravan-Which-550-000-includes-kitchen-Italy-iPhone-controlled-heating-Jacuzzi-just-dont-try-taking-anywhere.html#ixzz1B0hB5a3j' rel="external nofollow">

Still a few mugs around.

Effectively just leasing it then for £500 p/w. With Merv being extra vigilant on the inflation front it might look such a bad deal in 10 years time. huh.gif

to be fair the caravan looks much better than this :lol:

Really? I reckon static caravans look tacky at the best of times. The house isn't the prettiest but at least in a storm it'll still be there after.

Really? I reckon static caravans look tacky at the best of times. The house isn't the prettiest but at least in a storm it'll still be there after.

A lot of money to pay to be a pikey! :)

They must have got a right buzz buying the most expensive caravan in the UK. That's what it's all about if you have more money than you need - using some to get a buzz. Let's hope they make the most of the buzz while they can and don't feel too let down when someone else beats their new record.

The story is b*llooks. Tomposh101 has the right idea.

A quick call to the second most read newspapers editor, and a brown envelope stuffed with tenners(optional). Free advertising with exposure to millions of people.