House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Thousands Of Jobs To Go At The B B C- Massive 20% Cull

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/8257607/BBC-faces-hundreds-of-job-losses-as-cuts-bite.html

BBC faces hundreds of job losses as cuts bite
Mark Thompson, the director-general of the BBC, has put himself on a collision course with staff and unions at the corporation by demanding cuts of at least 20 per cent across the board.
The BBC’s public service arm employs just over 17,000 people, meaning that an across-the-board cut of 20 per cent would translate into over
3,000 job losses

Job losses are grwoing daily. IMO its the biggest HPC trigger of them all.

Trade figures bad, inflation soaring, mortgage market seizing up.....not long now before the double digit drops MoM!

Edited by Realistbear

Mark Thompson, the director-general of the BBC, has put himself on a collision course with staff and unions at the corporation by demanding cuts of at least 20 per cent across the board.

The BBC’s public service arm employs just over 17,000 people, meaning that an across-the-board cut of 20 per cent would translate into over 3,000 job losses.

They need to make savings. It's a difficult choice for those in power.... cut jobs or cut high end salaries?

Previous DG Greg Dyke was paid less than 3 PMs Thompson gets nearly 6 PMs according to this article:

It doesn't have to pay its director general £800,000.

"It is a good job, and Mark [Thompson] earns more than twice what I earned when I was doing it

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/mar/01/mark-thompson-overpaid

Thompson and the BBC's secret pension pot

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/189027/BBC-s-secret-pension-potBBC-s-secret-pension-potBBC-s-secret-pension-potBBC-s-secret-pension-potBBC-s-secret-pension-potBBC-s-secret-pension-potBBC-s-secret-pension-potBBC-s-secret-pension-potBBC-s-secret-pension-potBBC-s-secret-pension-potBBC-s-secret-pension-potBBC-s-secret-pension-potBBC-s-secret-pension-potBBC-s-secret-pension-potBBC-s-secret-pension-pot

Thompson to stop taking pension top-ups

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/sep/30/mark-thompson-bbc-pension

I heard that Woss was going to return which explains the needs to sack 20% of existing staff as he will be demanding a bankster-style salary PLUS a bonus.

Edited by Realistbear

And Declan Curry.

As long as they keep Susanna Reid

My word. She is amazing.

Can they please ditch Bill and Sian ? They are horrendous. Charlie and Susanna are way better.

My word. She is amazing.

Can they please ditch Bill and Sian ? They are horrendous. Charlie and Susanna are way better.

Susanna Reid looks as if she would be a lot of fun in the sack, around the sack and elsewhere.

Susanna Reid looks as if she would be a lot of fun in the sack, around the sack and elsewhere.

The thought of it does things to me. She just oozes filth. And I say that in the nicest possible way !

Oh dear....

Another BBC thread turns into an eye candy thread. Think it was a weather girl yesterday.

It is the best thing about the BBC !!

Well along with that documentary about shipping containers. That was genuinely class.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/8257607/BBC-faces-hundreds-of-job-losses-as-cuts-bite.html

The BBC’s public service arm employs just over 17,000 people, meaning that an across-the-board cut of 20 per cent would translate into over
3,000 job losses
Apart from the unfortunate individuals this is good news surely? - millions more can go into new programming.
If they can genuinely manage without them then of course they should go. Its not a job creation scheme.

Oh dear....

Another BBC thread turns into an eye candy thread. Think it was a weather girl yesterday.

Time for some balance then!

Edited by Sir John Steed

I know someone who took voluntary redundancy from the Beeb a month ago. He got a £100K pay off, and he's already got another job working up at MediaCity Salford, making BBC programmes.

(Talking about Salford, there's some major property ramping going on up there which deserves a thread of its own. ITV already has a building in the MediaCity, the BBC have two. The Corry set is being rebuild up there, the same but larger, with real bricks because the current set looks fake under HD. Needless to say there's a frenzy of new apartment block building by the same company that is building the TV sudios; the best ones overlooking the scenic Manchester Ship Canal. Someone is making a killing.)

Ha, I thought it was just me thinking that. Filth indeed!

I know someone who took voluntary redundancy from the Beeb a month ago. He got a £100K pay off, and he's already got another job working up at MediaCity Salford, making BBC programmes.

(Talking about Salford, there's some major property ramping going on up there which deserves a thread of its own. ITV already has a building in the MediaCity, the BBC have two. The Corry set is being rebuild up there, the same but larger, with real bricks because the current set looks fake under HD. Needless to say there's a frenzy of new apartment block building by the same company that is building the TV sudios; the best ones overlooking the scenic Manchester Ship Canal. Someone is making a killing.)

The 3000+ that are going will probably be re-hired as consultants. Its the thing to do ducky.