House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
exiges

Relocation Relocation

With their huge experience at finding people a home Phil + Kirsty are adept in the art of negotiating.

So after finally finding a dream home for their clients, how much does Kirsty think they should offer for that £795,000 house, given the nature of the market ?

Yep, £795,000.. on the understanding the vendors take the house off the market immediately, because there are two more viewings that day.

What a complete tool.

So basically the vendor at this point can't lose, they know that Kirsty's buyers are so desperate for the house they'll pay full asking, they're hardly going to walk away if the house isn't taken off the market are they.. the vendors know that if the other two viewings come to nothing then they still have a firm offer of £795k on the table.

What happens next ? Vendor doesn't take the house off the market, the two other viewings come to nothing and the vendor accepts full asking from Kirsty's pair of nitwits.

Honestly, worst negotiating strategy evar.

Why not just wait for the other two viewings to go ahead, find out if the other parties are interested then put an offer/counter offer in etc.

Bet the vendors couldn't believe their luck.

Yes I thought that!

They must have been so pleased.

I'd have wanted to actually watch two other vendors go round to make sure the existed.

I watched it and felt sorry for the gf too. She clearly had reached the bit of her life where she wants to start settling down. He hasn't and might never want a pretty house and babies. (She's def at the bit whgere Rachel is at on her birthday when she works out how many kids she wants and how long she wants to be married before she has them...)

Was it West Worlington they bought in?

*and is this the neighbour chicken farmer http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-16968933.html or was that elsewhere?

Edited by SarahBell

Do you think someone would pay £800,000 for a house if they had to pay it out in £50 notes?

At one every two seconds you'd be handing them over for 8 hours.

Edited by hedgefunded

Do you think someone would pay £800,000 for a house if they had to pay it out in £50 notes?

Do you think someone would pay £80,000 for a house if they had to pay it out in £5 notes?

Yes I thought that!

They must have been so pleased.

I'd have wanted to actually watch two other vendors go round to make sure the existed.

I watched it and felt sorry for the gf too. She clearly had reached the bit of her life where she wants to start settling down. He hasn't and might never want a pretty house and babies. (She's def at the bit whgere Rachel is at on her birthday when she works out how many kids she wants and how long she wants to be married before she has them...)

Was it West Worlington they bought in?

*and is this the neighbour chicken farmer http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-16968933.html or was that elsewhere?

I felt sorry for the young couple as well, they really weren't ready to buy a house but I felt daddy was forcing their hand. On top of that they had their hearts set on a 2 bedroom house in Oxford, and ended up in a 2 bed terrace in Reading :huh: Truely bizarre.

How much of a gift is a 30k deposit these days (if it was a gift, no doubt daddy is expecting repayment in full or a share of the equity in 5 years or so)? There's every chance that in 5 years time they'll be stuck in negative equity with a couple of kids in a 2 bed terraced house that they didn't want in the first place (that's if they stay together that long). Any repsonsible parent should be urging restraint at the moment not using their children as pawns and another way of wringing yet more money from property.

£800K for a 2 bed in Reading?

They will be royally fecked for the next 30yrs. What a waste of 2 lives, plus any kids.

The BBC/Phil/Krusty should be up in court for this, but no doubt they point to the signed contracts with the show's participants.

Maybe they deserve each other........

£800K for a 2 bed in Reading?

They will be royally fecked for the next 30yrs. What a waste of 2 lives, plus any kids.

The BBC/Phil/Krusty should be up in court for this, but no doubt they point to the signed contracts with the show's participants.

Maybe they deserve each other........

no the one in reading was 200k ish - not sure what they got it for

6 yrs some blonde got for killing her friend in a Drunk driving incident..some Ozzie documentary Mrs loo insists on watching every day ( channel 5 HD of course)

Im sure its all factual.

I love Kirsty's negotiating tactics. Brown envelopes from EAs much?

On second thought, it makes for better telly when a house is purchased innit.

I think they got the house in Reading for 180k (was on at 185k). Given that their budget was 210k I felt they might have been better off going for a 3 bed, ie something that they could live in with children for a few years if prices dropped and they found themselves in a situation where they couldn't move.

I think they got the house in Reading for 180k (was on at 185k). Given that their budget was 210k I felt they might have been better off going for a 3 bed, ie something that they could live in with children for a few years if prices dropped and they found themselves in a situation where they couldn't move.

I'd stopped paying attention by then but yes it was a compromise for the girl. One that will turn her into a resentful bunny at some point.

Any idea what he is earning?

Ive seen some people on those shows who did the most rediculous jobs yet could have access to hundreds of thousands.

Is there no way we can get someone from here on this programme, to wander around making comments along the lines of "You must be joking!", "But prices are falling, and that's more than 2007 peak levels," and last but certainly not least "Which bit of 'Upper limit' didn't you understand?"

Any idea what he is earning?

Ive seen some people on those shows who did the most rediculous jobs yet could have access to hundreds of thousands.

There was an article in the paper here last week about this 21 year old couple who just bought their first place for $340,000 AUD (About the same in USD).

She was an apprentice hairdresser and he was a construction labourer doing 70 hour weeks just to pay the mortgage.They were quoted as saying 'We can't afford to go shopping or go out partying".

All this at 21.And these are the kids who are supposed to pay for the boomers through increased taxes? I just wish the idiots had never bought into this housing bubble , sit back and let it crash before hopping in.....

Edited by Ruffneck

There was an article in the paper here last week about this 21 year old couple who just bought their first place for $340,000 AUD (About the same in USD).

She was an apprentice hairdresser and he was a construction labourer doing 70 hour weeks just to pay the mortgage.They were quoted as saying 'We can't afford to go shopping or go out partying".

All this at 21.And these are the kids who are supposed to pay for the boomers through increased taxes? I just wish the idiots had never bought into this housing bubble , sit back and let it crash before hopping in.....

I appreciate the situation there is ridiculous.

However, the boomers didnt force them to pay the price.

With their huge experience at finding people a home Phil + Kirsty are adept in the art of negotiating.

So after finally finding a dream home for their clients, how much does Kirsty think they should offer for that £795,000 house, given the nature of the market ?

Yep, £795,000.. on the understanding the vendors take the house off the market immediately, because there are two more viewings that day.

What a complete tool.

So basically the vendor at this point can't lose, they know that Kirsty's buyers are so desperate for the house they'll pay full asking, they're hardly going to walk away if the house isn't taken off the market are they.. the vendors know that if the other two viewings come to nothing then they still have a firm offer of £795k on the table.

What happens next ? Vendor doesn't take the house off the market, the two other viewings come to nothing and the vendor accepts full asking from Kirsty's pair of nitwits.

Honestly, worst negotiating strategy evar.

Why not just wait for the other two viewings to go ahead, find out if the other parties are interested then put an offer/counter offer in etc.

Bet the vendors couldn't believe their luck.

They need to be punished.

I don't watch this anymore the program is a ******ing joke!

Phil didn't say "you will not lose money on this house" (Phil Spencer. LLL. August 2007) did he?

Edited by Pent Up

They were quoted as saying 'We can't afford to go shopping or go out partying".

To be fair, when we bought our first house, we couldn't go out shopping (is it a sport?) or go out partying, or go on holiday, or run a car. And we had no carpet and sat on plastic garden furniture. Surely everyone goes through that kind of thing when they buy their first home, no matter what era?