House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest_ringledman_*

Bonds To Face The Worst Decade In History

Pays to listen to these guys. Recently saw some pre-credit crunch interview with Peter Schiff versus Art Laffer (former economic advisor to Reagan), with Schiff saying it was all about go t1ts up and Art Laffer laughing in his face saying that the US was going to continue booming for years to come.

Nice to see a post like this, it's a decent antidote to the interview I've just seen Hard Talk on BBC. The head of Goldman Sachs Asset Management was on there giving it large about how 2011 is going to finish much better than it started and that we'll see decent growth. :lol:

If there is growth it'll be a crack-up boom.

Is Faber wearing a blonde wig and a pink dress?

nah, a pastel blue tutu and size 11 christian louboutin stilettos - still rub his bunions tho...

Edited by Si1

Bonds are now the crowded trade. You dont want to be the last one holding the confetti paper.

How long was Schiff on TV proclaiming the imminent crash of the housing market and the US economy and this is no disrespect to Schiff because he was right, it just took 3-4 year to come to a head.

Massive pressure building on commodities, still a chance for a couple more induced periods of deflation.

I do find it baffling that people are holding governemnt bonds yielding 4% giving current inflation and the outlook for rising interest rates. Do they not like money?

I knew I should have caveated that :rolleyes:

The single note investor always comes along. Did you also know that you can't go wrong with bricks and mortar? James Max told me that.

I had a good year in 2010 with a heavy weighting in PIMCO government and corporate bond funds (up around 10-13%). I sold 80% of them before Crimbo in the face of a consensus of bond warnings. However, they still seem to be hanging in and in the face of a growing reality that recession II is waiting in the wings. QE2 has not impacted inflation as much as many thought and a commodities bubble is forming so rapdily that a bust must occur very soon making bonds a good bet.

Jobs are not being created in the US at a fast enougfh rate and we are just starting to shed ours at the same time houses are beginning a more rapid descent.* The Eurozone is teetering. It all adds up tio a flight to safety and BOnds are usually it.

That said, I am still bonds light and have shifted more into very short term instruments (check out Weitz ST bond fund--nice track record for a cautious investor wanting to keep STR fund safe from sudden drops).

* :)

I think the issue is: why is gold clinging to $1374 quintuple secondary wave tops?

SSh, don't mention gold or this thread gets shifted into outer darkness (off topic forum) where nothing exists other than wailing and gnashing of teeth.

LOL. Loved the last 30 secs of the clip.

Couldn't agree more. Unless you are the ones in control of the guns (i.e. governments) any assests you build up; cash, gold or land will ultimately be seized by the state if things go t*ts up.

For normal folks the investment strategy should be to be just ahead of the Jones. The gold bull in the media are the same people who promoted the dot.com bust, the house bust, and now the gold bust. If gold hit US$5,000 you can be sure the state will come in and seize your assets. Why do you think they have fort knots?