House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wonderpup

Is There A Lib Dem In The House?

Hitherto, when bad news was delivered, we normally saw a lib dem wheeled out to front the story- but come the cave in on Bankers bonus's and suddenly there is a distinct lack of lib dem spokesmen to be seen.

One might have expected the 'business secretary' to have a view on this- remember Vince Cable, scourge of the banking classes? Or Danny Alexander- all purpose whipping boy? Or even that nice Mr Clegg?

Have they all been locked in room somewhere?

As a long time lib dem voter I am astonished at the speed with which they have dwindled to some obscure rump of spineless non entities- have they confused the word 'coalition' with the word 'capitulation?'

I appreciate the need to maintain a degree of governmental unity- but that blade cuts two ways- it just requires someone with the guts to wield it.

Sadly they are not even the mice I thought they were.

Have they all been locked in room somewhere?

No, Dave made sure they all got the Tory jab, this gives them an illusion of power which they always dreamed of. Their Mum`s are so proud of them including the colour of their hair. ;)

Nick is being groomed for the President of The Council when Rumpy Pumpy`s stint comes to the end. Danny boy will end up running Barclay`s Investment arm. :rolleyes:

Were there ever any?

Libdems seem to either be senile old folk, or doped up students of similarly sound mind. Doubt theres many of them in here.

Thats goes for before the coalition too.

I voted lib dem in the last election. It saves on heating bills, what with the warm glow of embarrassment.

If you look at yesterdays result the LibDems will try to say they did ok.

My take on it is that there was tactical voting for them by Tories at the general election and they lost narrowly.

This time there was possibly as much as 10% more votes from Tories going to LibDem and yet they lost by a far wider margin.

It is quite stunning how spineless they are.

Exactly. Their first chance at power, to change things according to their own view and those of the people who elected them, and they just sit their meekly towing the line.