House Price Crash Forum

Are There Any Ftb's On This Website?

Guest The dude

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

El duderino, yep a FTB at 34 and counting..luckily (will be) looking in the north west so should be able to buy in a couple of years....hopefully. I used to live in Cambridge and was resigned to never being able to put down roots there.

Anyway, I understand your feelings about STR (not antagonism as such just a recognition of differing circumstances) but as someone seeking information, both anecdotal and factual, I think its unwise to just ignore what anybody says out of hand. I do agree however that certain FTB threads could be pinned so we have somewhere to go and feel like we belong..or something...getting very "US sitcom" here, I will be asking for a hug next....

Oh BTW, a good friend of mine has bought in the last year and is now talking of "buying another house" and renting it out....puts me in mind of the shoe shine analogy before the 1929 stock market crash... I did tell him my thoughts...hope to god he doesnt!

I think you need a Peter Paphides esque record collection doctoring...apart from the smiffs of course....

Bott

Thanks for replying Mark5290....I feel it's great that there is now a growing database of those who are in the FTB situation.  I'm sure that to fellow FTB's....this will be of great benefit.  Good luck to all ftb's.

Agreed! We need a bit of good luck! What's brought all this on dude, if you don't mind me asking.

Guest The dude
El duderino, yep a FTB at 34 and counting..luckily (will be) looking in the north west so should be able to buy in a couple of years....hopefully. I used to live in Cambridge and was resigned to never being able to put down roots there.

Anyway, I understand your feelings about STR (not antagonism as such just a recognition of differing circumstances) but as someone seeking information, both anecdotal and factual, I think its unwise to just ignore what anybody says out of hand. I do agree however that certain FTB threads could be pinned so we have somewhere to go and feel like we belong..or something...getting very "US sitcom" here, I will be asking for a hug next....

Oh BTW, a good friend of mine has bought in the last year and is now talking of "buying another house" and renting it out....puts me in mind of the shoe shine analogy before the 1929 stock market crash... I did tell him my thoughts...hope to god he doesnt!

I think you need a Peter Paphides esque record collection doctoring...apart from the smiffs of course....

Bott

Thanks Bott...understand where you're coming from......I have no feelings either way regards STR's...good luck to 'em....I have got to that point where I disregard ANYTHING beyond my control....what's the point in worrying? I'm just a grain of sand.like everyone else .I just wanted to know who my fellow ftb's were, that's all......their voices carry more weight with me....

Edited by The dude

I'm one too!!!

Rarely post but read the forum everyday and have learnt so much, so thanks to all!!

Could just about buy now, but instead have decided to watch those prices and bide my time until they reach trend, then I'll be able to afford something much better than a one bed chicken shed.

Round my way, there's some new build 2 bed apartments which started at £240, but now down to £201 in 6 months.... and they're not even completed yet! :o)

Deep joy :o)

uh hu me to.

We are on here with STR's because the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Plus to be honest with you it is kinda helpful having people around that have actually been through it, they can answer questions for us who have never bought. What it also does is changes the forum from a bunch of people that are priced out and just moaning about it to a place where people have actually put their money where there mouth is.

Another FTB here - perhaps slightly different to some in that I can afford to buy if I wanted to do so. However, surely only an uninformed maniac would "take the plunge" in this maket? Besides I've found something far better to invest in than "bricks 'n' mortar". I've found this scheme where I istand to become a millionaire without actually doing anything! Y'see, the way it works is that I invest £1,000 and then find 10 friends to invest £1,000 as well. They then each find 10 friends to invest £1,000. The way the scheme works is that I get a percentage of all investments "beneath" me in the "pyramid". It's very clever. The only problem is if one day there isn't anyone new who wants to join. But surely that won't happen will it?

Add me to your list. Why are you asking, got an "ideal for a first time buyer or investor" flat for sale? ;)

Remember that bloke in the Simpsons who worked really hard and was frustrated that Homer, a fat lazy slob, was so much better off than he was?

bio_grimes.gif

I think I'm turning into Frank Grimes. ;)

I'm a would-be FTB buyer too but French

Many people around the world are surfing this web-site because it's the best about housing bubble: from Australia, France, Spain...

In UK houses are expensive, but unemployment low

In Gernamy unemployment is high, but house are affordable

In France we are double-screwed: houses are expensive (cheaper than in UK but wages are lower and taxes higher) + unemployment is high (10%, around 3 million people) :angry:

Guest pioneer31
I'm a would-be FTB buyer too but French

Many people around the world are surfing this web-site because it's the best about housing bubble: from Australia, France, Spain...

In UK houses are expensive, but unemployment low

In Gernamy unemployment is high, but house are affordable

In France we are double-screwed: houses are expensive (cheaper than in UK but wages are lower and taxes higher) + unemployment is high (10%, around 3 million people) :angry:

Our unemployment figures are cooked.

Once you add on all the people who have been 'reclassified', whether it be students, incapacity claimaints etc, I'm sure the figure here is 3 million too.