House Price Crash Forum

I usually get accused of wasting my MP's 'valuable' time by one or two around here, but I felt a compelling urge to let him know the following. I'm wondering if enough people emailed their MPs, they might get the message.

Quote:-

Is it possible to tell me how long interest rates will remain near zero? I'm fed up seeing my savings demolished. You see, I'm thinking of joining the herd, and taking on a massive IO mortgage at very low interest rates that I can't really afford, to buy a overpriced house that I can't really afford, the prices of which you seem determined to keep inflated. If I have problems paying, it would appear you will dole out taxpayers money to support me?

So, how much longer will we have0.5% IR, Mr George?

Why not vote on it?

Obviously you cant vote at the MPC. Instead, vote in the marketplace. Take your money out of the bank, and spend it on one or more assets that will gain in real terms if inflation takes off as a result of 0.5% interest rates? Lots have been doing that, it is one of the reasons why commodity prices have gone through the roof.

Even taking your cash out of the bank will put upwards pressure on rates.

Why not vote on it?

Obviously you cant vote at the MPC. Instead, vote in the marketplace. Take your money out of the bank, and spend it on one or more assets that will gain in real terms if inflation takes off as a result of 0.5% interest rates? Lots have been doing that, it is one of the reasons why commodity prices have gone through the roof.

Even taking your cash out of the bank will put upwards pressure on rates.

I already did that by moving my savings to CHF. ;)

Next week I may post up the names and addresses of all members of the MPC and some stats so HPCers can write them all scathing letters (on paper - dog poo optional!)

Next week I may post up the names and addresses of all members of the MPC and some stats so HPCers can write them all scathing letters (on paper - dog poo optional!)

It's a great idea. Count me in.

Didn't you lose a lot of money doing that?

Well you would have liked John Redwood on the news earlier, he said that IRs need to go up. When questioned 'what about all the poor indebted people', he said that there are 3 times more savers.

I don't like the chap, but all in all, he did very well in the interview and was very balanced, unlike the average labour MP who harps on like a broken record.

I usually get accused of wasting my MP's 'valuable' time by one or two around here, but I felt a compelling urge to let him know the following. I'm wondering if enough people emailed their MPs, they might get the message.

Is it possible to tell me how long interest rates will remain near zero? I'm fed up seeing my savings demolished. You see, I'm thinking of joining the herd, and taking on a massive IO mortgage at very low interest rates that I can't really afford, to buy a overpriced house that I can't really afford, the prices of which you seem determined to keep inflated. If I have problems paying, it would appear you will dole out taxpayers money to support me?

You are wasting your mp's time and your own.

Even if he understood the situation then he is completely powerless to do anything about it.

The BOE are not controlled by mp's nor do they care about your savings.

Now you just wasted my time too :D

He probably thinks you are a peasant and that you are the only one in that situation. They arethat stupid!

Didn't you lose a lot of money doing that?

No, I bought CHF for 58p and I could sell them today for 66p each. I'm expecting parity within a few years, then I'll sell at a £1 each (and I remember a time when they could bought for 10p!)

Their email addresses are easy to guess.

Some of them will even discuss things directly with you. Others get their underlings to post a reply.

I don't like the chap, but all in all, he did very well in the interview and was very balanced, unlike the average labour MP who harps on like a broken record.

The Vulcan is neither particularly likeable, or charismatic - he is, however, quite often correct.