House Price Crash Forum
rantnrave

Irs Unchanged

Just makes Merv look like a fool.

If Merv had responded directly to Cameron's comment last weekend about inflation being higher than ideal it might look like political influence on the decision. Merv would have to leave ti a couple of months before responding so it didn't look like influence. A couple more months of reasonable data from the non property economy should enable the MPC to pluck up the courage to raise them to 1%. The business investment figures have been looking rosy for a while and this would be one of the area they would be worried about higher IRs effecting so they have some room there.

...only once they raise the rate will they start printing again......this is becoming more than a joke, each is waiting for the other to make the first move. ;)

Have heard a lot of chat about rising IR's recently. Even on BBC Breakfast and the likes. I would be very surprised if they do not go up even a little bit before the Autumn. There seems to be a growing desire for it from various quarters.

On another note interesting chat this morning on BBC about wages compared to inflation. Wage inflation (Although still on average +) is dropping and has been for 3 years IIRC. Only about 1.1% just now. Whilst inflation in generall is up at ~5% - or more depending on what you believe.

BBC making it clear to the public that their spending power was dropping and being pretty honest in the fact there wasn't much you could do about it !!

I can't see anything other than house prices in the UK, in general, falling for at least another 18 months. Probably much more. All the signs point in one direction.

BBC making it clear to the public that their spending power was dropping and being pretty honest in the fact there wasn't much you could do about it !!

The BBC interviewed some stooge who basically said that it's because the Chindians are eating more. Nothing to do with monetary policy and toilet paper currency, no siree bob!!

The "experts" are all a bunch of frauds.

The BBC interviewed some stooge who basically said that it's because the Chindians are eating more. Nothing to do with monetary policy and toilet paper currency, no siree bob!!

I think I must have heard when they were talking to another 'expert' !!

Basically the jist was that it would be good in the long term and we should just suck it up.

No prob from me - that sort of chat will get the masses shitting their pants.

Agree Blue Peter, where were the fecking IR rises in 2005/2006/2007. I wonder how they came to this conclusion today having sat down around a table and discussed their obligation.......to keep inflation under 2%.

Merv "Yes, we have to talk about this inflation issue. Davids starting to get edgy."

Others.."But we need to keep the sham that is HPI going and keep people from defaulting"

Merv..."I've heard enough. Let's keep rates at 0.5% again this month. I'll write another letter telling David to keep his mouth shut."

Others...."Agree........until next month then".

Edited by Wait & See

Couple of new carchphrases coming out of the US following recent events.

New ones they've chosen from their catchphrase kaleidoscope

Cometh the time cometh the man.

We can do better.

It puts the olden days It can only get better in perspective.

Mr King to fulfill his inflation brief? Should have known better.

Edited by billybong

How can he? Its the US who started this financial war by repealing the Glass Steagal Act the very act designed to prevent any future 1930's depression.

We have had to either adopt the US tactics or risk being bought up by the US banks. Which would you prefer?

Risk what being bought up by the US banks?

Peter.

It'll be interesting to see whether Andrew Sentance was the lone voice asking for an increase this time.

Has to be more than him this time. 7-2 or 6-3.

They'll struggle to keep them at 0.5% next month. My bet would be 0.75% almost token rise just to show that they can. QE will not be increased again as part of this downturn. Whether the ever reverse some or all of the current printed cash remains to be seen.

Shouldn't he have stopped the debt in the first place?

Peter.

The Bank of England used to be responsible for this, they knew what they were doing on that score.

Then a genius called Gordon Brown took that responsibility away from the and gave it to a group called the FSA who were in the pockets of a bunch of fraudulent bankers.

There is some talk of giving that responsibility back to the Bank of England. The BofE want that responsibility back so much you can almost hear them praying for it every night.

IF (thats a big IF btw) the BOE policy of keeping interest rates this low actually works and stops the over indebted feeling too much pain, this policy will set a precedent and pave the way for similar 'crisises' in the future, allowing banks to 'mildly' rape each generation.

1) Top level Banksters create a massive credit boom stuffing themselves with obscene amounts of money off the top

2) massive credit boom bursts,

3) taxpayers step in to save system

4) Top level banksters retire to their islands

5) BOE drop rates for xx years,

6) everyone shares 'small' amounts of pain until debt is inflated away

7) Next wave of top level banksters create a massive credit boom stuffing themselves with obscene amounts of money off the top

8) GOTO 2

Am I missing something?

Edited by Reck B

...only once they raise the rate will they start printing again......this is becoming more than a joke, each is waiting for the other to make the first move. ;)

No they won't. If they raise rates, they would not risk printing.

Gosh - what a bit of bad luck for prices, eh?

I mean, after telling us that prices were sure to drop like a stone in the recession and therefore the authorities didn't need to do anything to control them .. we just happen to have some random market factors that in fact make prices do exactly the opposite of what the 'authorities' said they would. Cor blimey, would you Adam'n'Eve it? :lol::lol::lol:

I do notice that a lot of the media reports were stressing that the BoE also decided not to print any more money (right now) as if that is some sort of meaningful measure towards inflation control. "Yes, inflation is rising but in response we aren't printing any more money out of thin air just yet, so you can see we're serious about tackling the rising cost of living." :lol:

It's lucky that the general public are such financial retards or we could be facing some serious unrest as Johnny Chav works out that he's being impoverished by stealth to keep up banker bonuses. Still, what is the excuse of the TV/media 'experts' I wonder - are they just stupid or are they being told to play the game and keep the public in the dark?

Has to be more than him this time. 7-2 or 6-3.

Yes it will be reveiling

As I have said before, I think interest rates will be forced up in March or possibly April due to macro economics and price rises beyond the acceptable excuses.

Are there any signs yet? such as rises in fixed rate mortgage deals or suprisingly good tracker deals which would only make sense with base rate increase? Pound strengthening to 1.65+ against the dollar could be another.

Agree Blue Peter, where were the fecking IR rises in 2005/2006/2007. I wonder how they came to this conclusion today having sat down around a table and discussed their obligation.......to keep inflation under 2%.

Merv "Yes, we have to talk about this inflation issue. Davids starting to get edgy."

Others.."But we need to keep the sham that is HPI going and keep people from defaulting"

Merv..."I've heard enough. Let's keep rates at 0.5% again this month. I'll write another letter telling David to keep his mouth shut."

Others...."Agree........until next month then".

Shame we're not paying them by the hour.

IF (thats a big IF btw) the BOE policy of keeping interest rates this low actually works and stops the over indebted feeling too much pain, this policy will set a precedent and pave the way for similar 'crisises' in the future, allowing banks to 'mildly' rape each generation.

1) Top level Banksters create a massive credit boom stuffing themselves with obscene amounts of money off the top

2) massive credit boom bursts,

3) taxpayers step in to save system

4) Top level banksters retire to their islands

5) BOE drop rates for xx years,

6) everyone shares 'small' amounts of pain until debt is inflated away

7) Next wave of top level banksters create a massive credit boom stuffing themselves with obscen amounts of money

8) GOTO 2

Am I missing something?

The bankers have been systematically fleecing the general population with boom and bust ever since central banks were established. The larger banks were doing it even earlier.

This time though, they seem to have overdone the boom to the extent where the bust would crash the system. IMO the new plan is to inflate for as long as possible, grabbing as much tangible wealth as possible, before the inevitable brick wall is impacted. By this stage they'll be well set up and in a great position to be in at the start of the rebuilding of the system.