House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

My Wife Hugged Me To Say Sorry For Beating Me Up... Then Knifed Me In The Back

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1346600/Male-victims-domestic-violence-My-wife-knifed-back.html

But the refuge faced a great deal of opposition when it opened, and still attracts criticism because it doesn’t run police checks on residents to see if they were, actually, the perpetrators of the violence.

The team who run it say this is because people are ignorant about male domestic abuse and because their approach challenges the gender stereotype that all men are violent, all women victims.

‘We are without judgment here,’ Shirley says, adding her team is ­willing to believe the men when many in the criminal justice system, government agencies and police may be suspicious.

‘Everything is stacked against men,’ Shirley says, pointing out that if men report abuse they can be arrested themselves on suspicion of being the perpetrator.

‘If men leave their family homes, they may lose access to their children in the courts,’ she says. ‘They should have the same rights as women in the same situations: gender equality is all we want.’

The safe house, which featured in a BBC Radio 4 documentary, The Last Refuge, this week, clearly offers peace and safety, and, say those who run it, more and more men are approaching them for help.

They believe this is because women are becoming much more aggressive, and because couples are communicating less and less well.

Nice bit of equality here, you get beaten up by a woman the natural assumption is you must have hit her first and she's purely defending herself.

So if your a man your guilty until you prove yourself innocent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1346600/Male-victims-domestic-violence-My-wife-knifed-back.html

Nice bit of equality here, you get beaten up by a woman the natural assumption is you must have hit her first and she's purely defending herself.

You get beaten up by a woman, the natural assumption is... you're not a man! ;)

Crap - isn’t it?

Every male friend I know, who has been through a divorce, has been shafted. One friend lost his business, home and kids, and is now an alcoholic. His wife changed the door locks and called the police when he tried to get in. They weren't separated at the time. He was arrested.

There is a house in the next village, used as a refuge for battered women. Some of the women look rather smug, and move in the boyfriend. (Some are valid cases though). I don't see many homes for battered men.

Honestly if I read any more of these stories I am gonna go mental !!

Refreshing though to see a bird actually admitting that everything is stacked against men.

Fits in with the other story about the **** slapping. Never thought about this angle before - but it does make sense. You go up to a copper and ask them to arrest that bird for sexually assualting you. Copper immediatley thinks "What is this guys game..."

What would happen ? In my experience of many birds - I reckon a lot would probably just make something about you up - to try and get away with it.

:(

After recently being attacked by a couple of drunks while on my way to the railway station at 11 am, I have discovered that normal police procedure appears to be to charge the victim with something, seeing as they are right there and easier to find.

After recently being attacked by a couple of drunks while on my way to the railway station at 11 am, I have discovered that normal police procedure appears to be to charge the victim with something, seeing as they are right there and easier to find.

This seems to be not uncommon. Is it possible to provide more details?

This has been going on for some time. Soon if your car is stolen you will be charged with Joyriding by proxy <_<

Honestly if I read any more of these stories I am gonna go mental !!

Refreshing though to see a bird actually admitting that everything is stacked against men.

Fits in with the other story about the **** slapping. Never thought about this angle before - but it does make sense. You go up to a copper and ask them to arrest that bird for sexually assualting you. Copper immediatley thinks "What is this guys game..."

What would happen ? In my experience of many birds - I reckon a lot would probably just make something about you up - to try and get away with it.

:(

The inequality has been going on for years.

I remember a guy in an office I worked in - he was late 50's and would often wear braces. Two of the admin girls would constantly go up behind him and ping his braces - often in front of managers. Eventually he got fed up and asked them to stop. They didn't so he said if you do that again I am going ping your bra strap - see how you like it.

Anyway - they pinged his braces - so later he went up behind the chief perpetrator and pulled back her bra strap (through her blouse) and pinged it.

Hey guess what - she made a compalint to management and he got a formal written warning :angry:

The inequality has been going on for years.

I remember a guy in an office I worked in - he was late 50's and would often wear braces. Two of the admin girls would constantly go up behind him and ping his braces - often in front of managers. Eventually he got fed up and asked them to stop. They didn't so he said if you do that again I am going ping your bra strap - see how you like it.

Anyway - they pinged his braces - so later he went up behind the chief perpetrator and pulled back her bra strap (through her blouse) and pinged it.

Hey guess what - she made a compalint to management and he got a formal written warning :angry:

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I hope Karma does exist. Some of these birds need to realise how much of a grade A cocks they are being !!

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I hope Karma does exist. Some of these birds need to realise how much of a grade A cocks they are being !!

His problem wasn't that she made a complaint. It was that he didn't

You have to play the same game.

His problem wasn't that she made a complaint. It was that he didn't

You have to play the same game.

But that means lowering yourself to their level - which leads to everyone just being arsey with everyone else.

Not good IMO.

But that means lowering yourself to their level - which leads to everyone just being arsey with everyone else.

Not good IMO.

Got to play by the rules of the environment you're in or keep shtum.

She used his general sense of decency and fairplay against him to pull a classic bait and switch.

She used his general sense of decency and fairplay against him to pull a classic bait and switch.

True. But then everyone else will now realise he is a decent bloke and she is an ****.

Hopefully that should work in his favour, and against her, in future. Karma and all.

Do you honestly believe she would have received a formal written warning without the benefit of hind site?

I can't see that.

Do you honestly believe she would have received a formal written warning without the benefit of hind site?

I can't see that.

Even if she hadn't it would have been on file, in which case if she came after him for essentially the same offense and it was handled differently then there would have been an easy tribunal case.

+ 1.

Its whats lead to the PC World we live in today.

BTW did you ever do your hidden camera to record women who pulled your kilt up thing to test the equality with police and sexual assault laws?

Nah. Just an idea - if I am bored one day I shall!!

Although I am going to do another one soon. Got a swim membership at a local council pool. For a few hours a week it is 'woman' only. That is about as sexist as it is possible to get. I pay the same as a bird - yet I can use the pool for 4 hours less per week - why ? Becuase I am male. Set in stone. I am planning to write to them to ask for a pro rata reduction in my monthly fee - otherwise I will take them to Court on the basis of sexual discrimination.

I have told a fair few people about this - yet to have anyway think I would not win !! It is a clear cut case as far as I can see ? Thoughts ?

Even if she hadn't it would have been on file, in which case if she came after him for essentially the same offense and it was handled differently then there would have been an easy tribunal case.

It's sad, but perhaps that's the world we choose to live in now.