HOLA441
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

They'll hold.

They're itching to just print money...sorry Quantitatively Ease, money into existence.

Inflation is going to rocket. I'm sure there are more astute (or more interested) folks on here who can describe succinctly how M1 money introduced into a system causes inflation. I've read the technical details on this somewhere before, but can't quite recall how it works. I do recall that only the initial recipients of it gain the value from it and the average pleb gets stiffed with rocketing prices.

Buy shares. Actually, buy anything rather than hold cash. Even when you have to wheelbarrow your money to buy a loaf of bread, the wheelbarrow will still have some value. Even Gold is not too bad an idea (mind you, make sure you can physically defend it. I wouldn't fancy flashing Gold around in a country pissed off and hungry).

Oil to hit $200 by 2012 ?

Woo.... that could be fun.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Well spotted it should be

10 PRINT "INFLATION WILL BE LOWER IN 18 MONTHS"

20 GOTO 10

Wow. Someone else who did 'BASIC' at school! :lol:

p.s. absolutely no chance of a rise in rates. I'll run naked around the BoE if they do...

Edited by red

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest The Relaxation Suite

We used to have a poll every month until it became pointless. This is the first time for months that I feel there is any chance of IR rising. What do you think?

Being totally serious, and with my most analytical hat on, I would say there is more chance of the moon turning out to be made of passionfruit pavlova than there is of a rate increase this time around.

HOLA4411

Well spotted it should be

10 PRINT "INFLATION WILL BE LOWER IN 18 MONTHS"

20 GOTO 10

Well, strictly speaking it should be:

10 PRINT "JESUS F***ING CHRIST WHAT HAVE WE BEEN DOING ALL THESE YEARS? WE'VE BEEN FAST ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL. RAISE RATES ASAP"

20 GOTO 10 :)

HOLA4412

We used to have a poll every month until it became pointless. This is the first time for months that I feel there is any chance of IR rising. What do you think?

I think the poll is still pointless. Judging by the voting so do the majority.

When I think that the coalition is ready to commit electoral suicide I will start to believe they will raise the interest rate.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Except that the majority of their core voters want interest rates up and massive cuts.

Not sure exactly what a coalition core voter is but I do know that large swathes of Tory voters will be in deep do-do if the rates go up by any meaningful amount. Tory voters are not all sitting on huge investment funds. Most of them are mortgaged to the hilt.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

10 INFLATION WILL BE LOWER IN 18 MONTHS

20 GOTO 10

Should be

10 REPEAT

20 PRINT "Inflation will be lower in 18 months"

30 UNTIL FALSE

or even better

program LetterToChancellor(output);

begin

repeat

writeln("Inflation will be lower in 18 months")

until false;

end.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Should be

10 REPEAT

20 PRINT "Inflation will be lower in 18 months"

30 UNTIL FALSE

or even better

program LetterToChancellor(output);

begin

repeat

writeln("Inflation will be lower in 18 months")

until false;

end.

zxspectrum48k.jpg

I don't think there's a repeat or until key

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-13/boe-s-inflation-battle-may-pose-headache-for-cameron-on-deficit.html

Citigroup Inc., Societe Generale SA and BNP Paribas SA said last week the Bank of England may increase the benchmark rate faster than previously anticipated to
maintain credibility
as price pressures intensify, while Cameron said on Jan. 9 that inflation has been “concerning.” Still, his plans for the biggest budget squeeze since World War II may depend on monetary policy continuing to support the economic recovery.

Credibility is long gone along with trust in the commercial banks. The only reason our currency and bonds are among the best in the world is that the consequences for the Brown years have not yet hit with force. Its just a matter of time and I suspect time is about to run out along with our "resilience" to market forces. Our survival has been predicated mostly on others being in the same mess.