House Price Crash Forum

Any EA worth his salt knows that's a communal climbing frame.

:lol::lol:

I'd be surprised if you'd even get a mortgage on that. I suspect that it's also a cancer risk.

It's also in Hastings. Hastings is nearly as depressing as Littlehampton. :unsure:

I used to get my Honda Fireblade serviced out that way. The permitted legal speed on the way out of Hastings is 175mph.

£99K is cheap er, for a 3 bed semi. If you don't mind fetal abnormalities and growths from your head? Any scientific evidence for adverse effects?

Is it safe to live that near a pylon? I thought there was some research a few years back that suggested a tentative link to some illnesses?

I wonder if they get any rental from the national grid - one of my friends gets 24p a year rental from the council because a street light is mounted on the corner of their house.

Is it safe to live that near a pylon?

No, it is not safe at all.

Have a look at the Streetview. Looks like a mobile phone antenna is opposite the house too, just to add insult to injury. I think the electricity company should be force to buy it. I wonder if the house was there before or after the pylon? Very sad situation.

A good buy for someone who wants to set up a cannabis factory... easy to tap into the grid and the police helicoptors won't be able to fly too close :ph34r:

...and all your immediate neighbours will be in hospital.

Does not compute.

How was that allowed... the house must have been there first? Looks like a pretty serious substation right opposite the house, as well as being on a main road and next to a Texaco garage, so obviously busy. Surely it is unsaleable.

Still, at least it has a good view:

45762_972A_972_IMG_01_0000_max_620x414.JPG

Of a load of council flats...

Bizarre.

A good buy for someone who wants to set up a cannabis factory... easy to tap into the grid and the police helicoptors won't be able to fly too close :ph34r:

You would probably be able to light the house using fluorescent tubes and inductance alone! laugh.gif

You would probably be able to light the house using fluorescent tubes and inductance alone! laugh.gif

You could be right. I saw an experiment, which did just that without wires. What would one's brain would do though?

I think this may have been on "Homes under the hammer" marketed as a sub-station ripe for residential development. If I recall correctly it went for £100k more than the guide price, but I may be mistaken.

shockin.

funny enough, I went to view that place...the agent kept a volt face....he was just another property amper. Watt?...where are the Crown Joules I asked.

Edited by Bloo Loo

shockin.

funny enough, I went to view that place...the agent kept a volt face....he was just another property amper. Watt?...where are the Crown Joules I asked.

Yes, the price asked is a bit of a tall order.

Off the grid, one might say.