House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lepista

Given That The Second Mp Has Now Pleaded Guilty

.. Have the CPS set their sights too low?

I think they should now be casting their net a little wider.

It's a discrace that more of them aren't standing in the dock.

its a rigged game

Baroness Uddin (sp?) for starters.

It's too late, when the news broke that her flat was empty and she was claiming expenses on it, she went round there with her family and made it like someone was living there.

CPS looks to have done a good job, and I'm sure Uddin's case was examined from every angle.

The pity is that neither of the convicts faced a jury. Parliament is, after all, just a giant jury.

CPS looks to have done a good job, and I'm sure Uddin's case was examined from every angle.

The pity is that neither of the convicts faced a jury. Parliament is, after all, just a giant jury.

No, I personally prefer that more taxpayers money isn't wasted on a trial and that any expense MPs plead guilty. I suspect the cost to the CPS is already more than the amount the taxpayer was defrauded. It really isn't a large amount of money in the grand scheme of things but it is important that politicians are accountable for their actions.

I'd also like politicians who benefitted from the HPI and who were able to influence it were also prosecuted for something akin to insider trading. The same goes for civil servants. Many Gordon Brown could be done for this...

I'd also like politicians who benefitted from the HPI and who were able to influence it were also prosecuted for something akin to insider trading. The same goes for civil servants. Many Gordon Brown could be done for this...

I think any politician who goes on to a job or write a book or make any money BECAUSE of their previous public position should be taxed 90%.

The idea of blair making money makes me sick.