House Price Crash Forum
ken_ichikawa

You Don't See This On State Propaganda Channels

Obviously the root of all this evil is greed and high property prices.

See the investment section for discussion on pensions. I don't expect to retire on any sort of pension... I'm going to take any savings at age 65, travel the world, do all the 'bad' things and then jump off a bridge.

Edited by guitarman001

my wife's grandparents live in an old council house in Southampton that they bought with the right to buy and live of the couple's state pension only.

they even have enough left over to give us money for Christmas, and she gets a tenner every time we visit (each one telling her not to tell the other!)

So I never really believe the retirement scare stories.

What a horrid place the world is becoming.

Slave away for 40 years, get to retirement and live on peanuts until you die, or save away dilligently and get some sort disease in your 60s because you have neglected your health, and it goes to your kids.

I sort of worry about my parents, as they get older.

In my 30s, got a couple of properties and small pension, and other investments etc - but I do worry if its enough. - An average job 25 - 30K a year, just is not enough to have family, save for a pension and have a decent life.

Just feels that mr and mrs average are being squeezed all the time..

Where will it all end i wonder.

Slave away for 40 years, get to retirement and live on peanuts until you die, or save away dilligently and get some sort disease in your 60s because you have neglected your health, and it goes to your kids.

In my 30s, got a couple of properties and small pension, and other investments etc - but I do worry if its enough. - An average job 25 - 30K a year, just is not enough to have family, save for a pension and have a decent life.

It's only recently normal people have been able to retire.

And having children doesn't cost much, fed them on bread and dripping and you'll be quids in from the child benefit.

particularly retire for 30 years.

When pensions first came in the average man could expect 2-3 years of retirement I think.

Hardly surprising that finances are stretched that the same person could expect 15+ years in retirement now.

And having children doesn't cost much, fed them on bread and dripping and you'll be quids in from the child benefit.

Joking aside - why is no one angry about this. So many people are effectively wage slaves for most of their lives, and then to retire in poverty after a long thankless career, or job.

The City(bankers) have been/are taking more and more out of pensions etc in higher charges and fees - that's why. It's champers, coke and ho's all the way. Grab what you can fast & retire into relative obscurity.

This is far more noticeable when City share frauds are not performing well and the charges eat most of the pension/fund up during the crucial first 15-20yrs.

Another reason why all those mis-sold 'endowments' never get near 'projected' final figures anymore!

The City(bankers) have been/are taking more and more out of pensions etc in higher charges and fees - that's why. It's champers, coke and ho's all the way. Grab what you can fast & retire into relative obscurity.

This is far more noticeable when City share frauds are not performing well and the charges eat most of the pension/fund up during the crucial first 15-20yrs.

Another reason why all those mis-sold 'endowments' never get near 'projected' final figures anymore!

Yep - and what about employers not paying people enough for the job and responsibilties.

Joking aside - why is no one angry about this. So many people are effectively wage slaves for most of their lives, and then to retire in poverty after a long thankless career, or job.

I partake in dangerous sports. One day I won't be lucky although part of me will live on in others (organ donation). It really won't matter.

Btw I would so much love to do something about it...... however I am just one man and the people like their lot in life and want to retire in poverty. They don't want to be educated and they like the society getting worse.

Edited by ken_ichikawa

I partake in dangerous sports. One day I won't be lucky although part of me will live on in others (organ donation). It really won't matter.

Btw I would so much love to do something about it...... however I am just one man and the people like their lot in life and want to retire in poverty. They don't want to be educated and they like the society getting worse.

Yeah most people as long as they can get pissed at the weekend, buy rubbish in the shops etc - they are happy to ignore the fact they are powerless little slaves.

Tell you what, they can stick their retirement on my, my children's and my grandchildren's tab. Not sure what we'll do, but as long as they're alright, that's the main thing.

Yeah most people as long as they can get pissed at the weekend, buy rubbish in the shops etc - they are happy to ignore the fact they are powerless little slaves.

+1

Not forgetting XY Factor and Cum Dancing.

Guest The Relaxation Suite

Because in the grand sweep of history this is as good as working people have ever had it.