House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Career Hopes Ruined By Bottom Slap - Sexual Touching

http://www.thestar.co.uk/headlines/Career-hopes-ruined-by-bottom.6684987.jp

A TEENAGER from Sheffield has been forced to ditch his plans to study nursing after slapping a woman's bottom.

Ross Walmsley, 19, of Oughtibridge, committed the act while out with friends in Lincoln in October. He pleaded guilty at Lincoln Magistrates' Court to "sexual touching" - meaning he cannot now study nursing at university.

The court was shown CCTV footage of Walmsley jogging over to a blonde woman on the city's High Street, smacking her on the bottom, and jogging away to rejoin his group.

The woman called the police and Walmsley was arrested.

His solicitor, Liz Harte, asked the CPS to change the charge to assault - but the request was refused. "He had been due to start a nursing qualification, which is now most unlikely because of this conviction," she said.

Walmsley was fined £150 and ordered to pay £50 compensation to his victim, £200 costs and a £15 surcharge.

Now if this was reversed anyone think a woman would get charged with this, slapping a man's bottom. Not too many details here but I presume it was just a slap once and this correlates to "sexual touching"?

Harmless fun gone wrong or just a precursor to this person becoming a sexual predator?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/headlines/Career-hopes-ruined-by-bottom.6684987.jp

Now if this was reversed anyone think a woman would get charged with this, slapping a man's bottom. Not too many details here but I presume it was just a slap once and this correlates to "sexual touching"?

Harmless fun gone wrong or just a precursor to this person becoming a sexual predator?

Perhaps if the man complained. If his judgement is that poor should be be nursing?

http://www.thestar.c...ttom.6684987.jp

Harmless fun? I think not. At best it was assault.

Birds have it easy. Sexism is rife in this country. Contrary to popular belief though against blokes - not birds.

This bird called the Police ?! What a ******ing joke. I hope some real crime befalls her one day so she appreciates what work the Police should actually be doing.

Now that may not sound nice but I don't care. Someone calling the Police coz their **** was slapped is wasting all of our time.

The fact she didnt even drop the charges or do anything to help shows what sort of bird she is.

Harmless fun? I think not. At best it was assault.

I'd have expected a woman of character and intelligence to (rightly) make a young man feel very small indeed in these circumstances without the need to involve the police.

However Bossy I reckon with your avatar you must be an expert on this subject, so will bow to your superior knowledge. ;)

Stupid boy.

He left what I presume was a group of chaps jogged over to a stranger and slapped her on the ar5e. He may have slapped her really hard. Not enough info to properly judge the incident but she may very well have felt intimidated. A group of blokes and one of them comes over in the street and touches you against your wishes.

If that was my wife or daughter and I witnessed it I would have pummeled the idiot.

Would you really want someone like that looking after vulnerable people who are often unconcious or unable to defend themselves.

If he was pissed up then he has learned a big lesson in being able to handle his beer.

I do however agree that I doubt it would have gone much further than the initial call to plod if it was female to male. Still, no excuse in my book.

His solicitor, Liz Harte, had requested that the Crown Prosecution Service change the charge to assault, which she said Walmsley would have pleaded guilty to straight away. But the request was refused.

Ms Harte said: "He has worked very hard to get academic qualifications. He had been due to start a nursing qualification, which is now most unlikely because of this conviction.

"His intention was to pursue a nursing career and then he was hoping to move over and put that to use as a member of the police force."

:lol:

slapper.jpg

post-12527-0-63773400-1294672872_thumb.jpg

This sounds pathetic. Without knowing the full details he just sounds like a cheeky chappy. Soon you wont be able to show any interest in the opposite sex for fear of getting arrested or sacked or beaten up.

We built this great nation on a bit of slap and tickle.

This sounds pathetic. Without knowing the full details he just sounds like a cheeky chappy. Soon you want be able to show any interest in the opposite sex for fear of getting arrested or sacked or beaten up.

We built this great nation on a bit of slap and tickle.

Is that the way you show interest in the opposite sex? :lol:

6ft + skinhead leaves a group of men, runs over the road and slaps a strangers ar5e is a sign that you are interested. I suppose lifting her skirt would be just letting her know that you seriously like her.

6ft + skinhead leaves a group of men, runs over the road and slaps a strangers ar5e is a sign that you are interested. I suppose lifting her skirt would be just letting her know that you seriously like her.

It was never a tactic of mine for sure but then I was a nice guy and always went home alone.

It was never a tactic of mine for sure but then I was a nice guy and always went home alone.

Skinhead..:rolleyes:

Rather interesting language used there to try and make him sound like some sort of thug. When in fact by the looks of it he is just a bloke with a shaved head. Maybe you should write for the Star. :lol:

As for how this bloke shows interest in birds ? Well I can inform you that a lot of birds show their interest in blokes in exactly the same way. However has EVEN ONE ever been convicted of touching said bloke in a 'sexual' manner ? I doubt it.

That is the issue I have with this. Birds get away with most things, as per usual, and us blokes are made the scapegoats.

I am sorry but slapping somoene on the **** is not a big deal. Male or female. Yes I wouldn't be happy if someone randomly did it to my mum or sister. I certainly wouldn't call the Police however. You would have to be a grade A cockend to do such a thing. Just like the person you are clearly annoyed with...

"At best it was ass_ault."

That was funnier! :P

To do this to a stranger shows incredibly poor judgement, best that he doesn't become a nurse for us and him.

If he knew her and there had been some kind of flirting, perhaps it could be treated more leniently, but as it is he deserves the punishment he received.

To do this to a stranger shows incredibly poor judgement, best that he doesn't become a nurse for us and him.

If he knew her and there had been some kind of flirting, perhaps it could be treated more leniently, but as it is he deserves the punishment he received.

He was 19 years old. And by all accounts he was out on the raz with his mates.

If we plan on criminalising all 'poor judgment' in these circumstances please pass me the shotgun and I will finish myself ASAP.

How many people have not done something similar when drunk and 19 years old ? And if not - why not - you need to get out more !!

Slap on the wrist - stop being a dick - say sorry to the bird in question. Off on your separate ways. Job done.

That is the actions within a sane and reasonable country.

Skinhead..:rolleyes:

Rather interesting language used there to try and make him sound like some sort of thug. When in fact by the looks of it he is just a bloke with a shaved head. Maybe you should write for the Star. :lol:

As for how this bloke shows interest in birds ? Well I can inform you that a lot of birds show their interest in blokes in exactly the same way. However has EVEN ONE ever been convicted of touching said bloke in a 'sexual' manner ? I doubt it.

That is the issue I have with this. Birds get away with most things, as per usual, and us blokes are made the scapegoats.

I am sorry but slapping somoene on the **** is not a big deal. Male or female. Yes I wouldn't be happy if someone randomly did it to my mum or sister. I certainly wouldn't call the Police however. You would have to be a grade A cockend to do such a thing. Just like the person you are clearly annoyed with...

I spent most of my youth being a skinhead. I have very short hair now and often have it short enough to be classed as a skinhead to some.

He is a skinhead. He has no hair. take that how you want. :P

As I said before I would not call the Police but deal with it my way.

Slapping someone you know and are comfortable with on the ar5e is now big deal but randomly approaching strangers on the street and touching them in any way other than by accident is not normal and not right. Of course it is a big deal !!

Prosecuting him under a sexual touching offence was over the top but he asked for trouble by his actions. Your biggest gripe and I have some sympathy is the unfair way this would have been treated if the offender was female.

You need to seperate your personal anger towards sexual in-equality to the facts of this case.

No big deal.. My ar5e.

He will have to join the police instead. plenty of hanky panky between boy and girl officers at all levels. lots of free time too.

He was 19 years old. And by all accounts he was out on the raz with his mates.

If we plan on criminalising all 'poor judgment' in these circumstances please pass me the shotgun and I will finish myself ASAP.

How many people have not done something similar when drunk and 19 years old ? And if not - why not - you need to get out more !!

Slap on the wrist - stop being a dick - say sorry to the bird in question. Off on your separate ways. Job done.

That is the actions within a sane and reasonable country.

Firstly, the offence isn't poor judgement, it's sexual touching. It's the poor judgement that means I think it's fair enough he has to choose another career - if he knew anything about his chosen job, he would already be aware that he needed to keep his criminal record squeaky clean.

Secondly, the problem is exacerbated by him being out on the raz with his mates. When one male from a group runs across to a random female and starts grabbing at their privates in the middle of street, do you not think this might be a tad worrying for the female in question?

There is a world of difference between eyes meeting on the dancefloor after a few drinks leading to someone attempting a clumsy fumble and running up to a perfect stranger in the street grabbing their ass cheeks and running away.

I managed to get through numerous nights out, in varying states of unravellment using drink and drugs without resorting to assault, sexual or otherwise. The fact he can't control himself means he is a poor choice for any job involving vulnerable people.

Guilty as charged.

Firstly, the offence isn't poor judgement, it's sexual touching. It's the poor judgement that means I think it's fair enough he has to choose another career - if he knew anything about his chosen job, he would already be aware that he needed to keep his criminal record squeaky clean.

As said the problem isnt that it is the massive double standard which is applied. Woman does this? It's just harmless fun. Much like when a woman hits a man it's OK. Why is this the case?

This world is utterly crazy have a read of this

http://www.twilightarchives.com/viewuser.php?uid=9425

Unbelievably it is a mainstream thought judging by the way #15 seems to turn up all over the internet. Yet if I hit back in self defence it is me who is the monster.

Such attitudes are prevailant in society

Look at the way the women APPROVE of women abusing men.

As said the problem isnt that it is the massive double standard which is applied. Woman does this? It's just harmless fun. Much like when a woman hits a man it's OK. Why is this the case?

A man who this happened to most likely wouldn't make a complaint... firstly because they generally don't feel threatened by women alone or in groups and secondly because many men would take it as a compliment.

Many years ago a girl I'd been swapping glances with in the college canteen squeezed my bum when I was standing at the bus stop waiting to go home. My reaction? I immediately dialled 999... ;) er no, I smiled, struck up a conversation and we arranged a date. Totally different circumstances though, in one case it's strangers with no context and a group of males, in the other it's two individuals who are known to each other, in daylight, with some context.

Because women and men are not the same.

Got to love the Police, they only solve 1 in ten crimes....

As many as that? I may have misjudged them.

KeystoneKops.jpg