House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Morrisons In Christmas Sales Rise 1%

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12149292

The UK's fourth biggest grocer, Morrisons, has said like-for-like sales excluding petrol in the six week period over Christmas and New Year grew by 1% on the year before.

The Bradford-based firm said its staff had battled against difficult weather conditions to keep customers served.

The firm's chief executive Dalton Philips said it had been "a good performance in a tough market".

Meanwhile, food home delivery company Ocado also reported a rise in sales.

However the BBC business reporter this morning will be shot, he dared to suggest this growth in sales might in fact just be inflation and actual volumes are DOWN.

Auntie will be very upset and I suspect by the end of the day this reporter will be sacked and someone on message will be found to replace him.

Inflation does not cause a growth in sales. :ph34r:

OH's mum was moaning that they've put the cake up from £1.99 to £2.09 which is more than the vat rise.

Prices are up. Time to do a sweep of the shelves and capture some food stores I think.

:lol:

I'm not surprised.

Our local store feels geared towards senior citizens, I presume the rest are the same. As a consequence the place is clogged up with single/couple households treating it as a community centre.

Not only have they got all the time in the world, so they clog the shop up, but the car park is right next to a bus stop which will get you in to town. The bus pass holders use it as free park and ride, so on market day you struggle to get a parking space. If the car park is OK, the place is clogged with chatters (who give you a filthy look if you say 'excuse me') and when they're all in town at the market, you can't park to make the most of the shop being quieter.

They don't do online shopiing either, so locally the 'family shop' is going elsewhere.