House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Bdo Darts Final...

He once was 6-0 up, peggged back to 6-6 that won the 13th.

I went to the Ally Pally and saw Anderson and Lewis. Who both averaged c 103 for the tournament (Anderson was at 108 once). These 2 are around 89-91, which is about a 2nd or 3rd round defeat in the PDC.

I don't know how the BBC keep a straight face when they talk about it being the world championship.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/an-email-conversation-with-darts-player-martin-adams-the-bdo-and-pdc-bury-the-hatchet--in-a-word-no-768608.html

Could Wolfie cut it in the PDC?

I've went to the BIC in Bournemouth, must have been over three years ago to see a PDC session....seemed a bit livelier there..

Well done Wolfie!

Winstanley choked - he didn't even bother having a go at the bull on the 164 checkout...

How can you watch that pile of **** when have the PDC. It's like watching the pub team play.

The BDO does all the work of running the sport at grass roots level and made the players who capitalise on that start in the PDC. The PDC is in my view an un-appetising spectacle whatever the standard of play.

The BDO does all the work of running the sport at grass roots level and made the players who capitalise on that start in the PDC. The PDC is in my view an un-appetising spectacle whatever the standard of play.

You could argue that the PDC is a leech on the BDO...The BDO sniffs out the talent, then the PDC then nicks 'um...

I remember the Not the nine o' clock news team taking the p*ss out of that crap pub game. "Even fatter belly!" Lol!

the bdo (for some players) is a springboard tournament.

i'm not sure where i stand on wolfie, on the one hand it seems he has massive loyalty to the bdo which i respect. on the other i think he's almost guaranteed to be the winner now, pocketing £100k for it.

if he'd had actually accepted the invitations to the grand slam of darts then i'd believe a little more that he isn't just abusing his now well established place in the bdo order (he's probably already lined up for a bbc pundit job too). i can entirely understand not joining the pdc but turning down the grand slam 3 times is just bad sportsmanship.

as for him cutting it in the pdc if he did ever join, i would think semi finals at best. i think the crowd would be behind him, and players tend to massively up their game in their first few pdc seasons, but i don't think he'd have what it takes to shift the new pdc order (wade, lewis, whitlock).

i think waites might leave the bdo soon, and probably chisnall if he has another good year.

I went to the lakeside again this year and had my ugly mug on tv for a few hours as I was right next to the stage. Wolfie was usually hanging around at the back bar just chilling out with the public, seems a proper nice chap, but most of them are!

Personally I quite like deeker, odd fella but seemed I won a bet on him :)

I went to the lakeside again this year and had my ugly mug on tv for a few hours as I was right next to the stage. Wolfie was usually hanging around at the back bar just chilling out with the public, seems a proper nice chap, but most of them are!

Personally I quite like deeker, odd fella but seemed I won a bet on him :)

Me & a couple of mates have talked about going for years, but have never gone through with it...how easy is it to get tickets? How far ahead do you usually have to book them?

I went to the Ally Pally for the 3rd round. I booked in July and couldn;t get a table seat.

I would never go again if I didn't have a table seat. Nowhere to put your coat, pint or anything else. Also, you end up watching the telly rather than the players as you can't see a thing. I was neearish to the front.

That doesn't sound like the lakeside as it's all seated i think.

I'm not 100% sure on the tickets as my mate buys them, it's good the atmosphere, however we were sitting right next to the stage, yet you still find youself watching the TV most of the time, purely because the board is so small.